Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

UN vote to accept execution of gays Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesH6097)
    Fool? You are the fool. How can anyone justify killing people over their sexual orientation- which they are born as. 7-10 % of the world's population is non-heterosexual...go figure!
    Great argument there. Truly brilliant: "How can you..."

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niall c)
    Nevertheless, true-say that to fetishise and point to the UN's approval whilst ignoring that with which they don't agree is hypocritical. Talking of which, how many resolutions is it now that Iran has ignored?
    Fair point. And how many more resolutions is it now that Israel has ignored, and received support from doing so by the USA, the UK and a few other European and Oceanian hypocrites?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoshiJoshi)
    Fair point. And how many more resolutions is it now that Israel has ignored, and received support from doing so by the USA, the UK and a few other European and Oceanian hypocrites?
    Very true (though actually, the U.S. and Israel stand alone in defending the latter's actions).

So do we conclude that every government is full of ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YoshiJoshi)
    But do you feel for the millions and millions of Africans starving to death? All those orphans in Africa whose families are torn apart with AIDS due to the Pope? All those in the Middle East who are bombed day in and day out and live in perpetual fear and anxiety? All those natives of America and New Zealand and Australia who are forced to live in squalor as their homes are ravished by the West?

Because these are all problems that the West created and sustains, daily.

Other nations cause the suffering of only a meagre fraction, the tiniest proportion, to open gays and lesbians - and you lament those poor souls.

COmpletely oblivious to the proportionally gigantic suffering the so-called "advanced countries" have unleashed on the innocent world and its inhabitants.

You hypocrites make me sick.

My post also applies to you, fool.

Of course I feel for anyone who goes through such hideous experiences that's why I'm raising £750 link community development you jumped up prat.

Two wrongs don't make a right and whilst the west may have caused immeasurable suffering that does not make it right for the rest of the world to persecute gays and lesbians.

you have the most flawed logic I have ever come across on TSR. Oh gays and lesbians in the west (AND in Africa where they have already had to suffer the hardship you mention) aren't much of the worlds population therefore that's ok because I'm sure it sticks it to the straight western leaders who caused bloodshed and whose population wont be affected by this because these evil western leaders crazily protect minorities in their countries.

it is gays and lesbians that have suffered because of the west that will suffer because of this you utter, utter moron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billydodger)
    Where can I see a list of which countries voted for and against?
    I'm not sure whether this has been answered, but in case not: Press Release

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mujeriego)
    Apart from Abu Umar who is an actual "Islamist" on TSR?
    Erm, the majority of Muslims are seeing as they believe in Sharia law.

(Original post by Folderol)
    It is the belief that Islam is a political ideology, as well as a faith. It is a modernist claim that political sovereignty belongs to God, that the Shari'ah should be used as state law.
    I wonder why he claims it's a modernist claims when the first Islamic empires where and have been using Sharia and stating political sovereignty belongs to God from the beginning of Islam up to 20th century. If anything stating that political sovereignty doesn't belong to God is a modernist claim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annoying-Mouse)
    I wonder why he claims it's a modernist claims when the first Islamic empires where and have been using Sharia and stating political sovereignty belongs to God from the beginning of Islam up to 20th century. If anything stating that political sovereignty doesn't belong to God is a modernist claim.
    That's a very good point and I think you're right. I would posit Quilliam calls it 'modernist' in an attempt to further dissociate it from their conception of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Many of those countries have been swayed by the "eat da poo poo guy".

Seriously though this is horrifying. What I find equally disturbing is the fact that China voted to remove it... And to think this is the next big super power.

For the people defending this attack on civilization would you also support the removal of ethnicity and religion from that list? Following your reasoning that would be fine considering "we have to respect the beliefs and cultures of different people who form a majority in their country". Great, ethnic cleansing and execution for apostates? Awesome.

ReputationRep:
    Here's a map of who voted what. The white gaps are absent/abstained votes. The sheer geographical size of Russia and China (who surprisingly voted for the removal) makes it look a bit dramatic but overall there's a clear pattern which speaks for itself.

ReputationRep:
    Screw you, homophobes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12056608

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.