Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imnotlulamae)
    I applied for accommodation and completed my student finance today, ooh it's creeping up!
    I applied for accomm, so that's all sorted, but don't get me started on SF. Piece of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a33)
    Okay cool, sounds good they have double beds!! I miss my double bed at home being in the student accommodation I'm in now!

How close is the Glasney accommodation from the uni?
    On campus, 2-5 mins walk.

(Original post by Matt4332)
    Anyone else apply to and get a place on Creative Events Management??
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've been applying for accommodation but I can't make my mind up between the two types for Glasney Village!

At Glasney Village you can either have a double bed room for about £120 a week (£480 a month) or a bunk bed room, sharing with another person for about £75 a week (£300 a month).

A bunk bed room would save me like £180 a month which is a hell of a lot of money to spend, especially as a student when you're gonna be having to scrimp and save.

On the other hand, you'd lose a lot of privacy and you may be in a room with someone who really annoys you

At the moment I've applied for a bunk bed room because I'm thinking of money matters, but what do you guys all think? As many replies as possible please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaracottaPie)
    Hi! I've been applying for accommodation but I can't make my mind up between the two types for Glasney Village!

At Glasney Village you can either have a double bed room for about £120 a week (£480 a month) or a bunk bed room, sharing with another person for about £75 a week (£300 a month).

A bunk bed room would save me like £180 a month which is a hell of a lot of money to spend, especially as a student when you're gonna be having to scrimp and save.

On the other hand, you'd lose a lot of privacy and you may be in a room with someone who really annoys you

At the moment I've applied for a bunk bed room because I'm thinking of money matters, but what do you guys all think? As many replies as possible please
    The bunkbed rooms are a huge saving, and we'll only be in halls for 9 months or so, but personally my own space is really important. We'll be living with loads of people anyway, living in flats, so I think it'll be essential to be able to just shut the door and have some time to yourself in your own room when needs be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaracottaPie)

The bunkbed rooms are a huge saving, and we'll only be in halls for 9 months or so, but personally my own space is really important. We'll be living with loads of people anyway, living in flats, so I think it'll be essential to be able to just shut the door and have some time to yourself in your own room when needs be.
    This.

Although if I shared a room, my loan would cover the accommodation, I'd rather have a room to myself and have to work to live. However, if money is an overriding factor, then I say go for it. You can get away with only sleeping in your room, tbh, and sharing a bathroom wouldn't be too bad I don't suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrMagicMushroom)
    Anyone got an interview for Photography in March? Mines is on the 31st.
    No longer applicable

Good luck for the 31st. My interview and tour was great, really informal and friendly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by trishonapc)
    No longer applicable

Good luck for the 31st. My interview and tour was great, really informal and friendly.

What do you mean no longer applicable?

Thanks for the luck, Great to hear you had a good time!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I had two return train tickets Paddington to Penryn, Falmouth, for the 31st and asked if you or anyone else wanted them for free as we didn't need them. The 'no longer applicable' was because noone replied before the date I would have needed to post them, so I deleted it. Sorry for any confusion, I'm new to all this.
    Hope your interview went well.
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...lies/smile.gif http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/imag...lies/smile.gif

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, wouldn't have been able to use em anyway! My interview went quite well thanks, UCAS updated and it could only be for Falmouth as I've heard back from other places. Locked myself out of my account so won't know till tomorrow. If they got back to me so quickly I guess its an unsuccessful.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, wouldn't have been able to use em anyway! My interview went quite well thanks, UCAS updated and it could only be for Falmouth as I've heard back from other places. Locked myself out of my account so won't know till tomorrow. If they got back to me so quickly I guess its an unsuccessful.
    Not necessarily.

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily.
    They told me in the interview I'd hear back in 2-3 weeks, so hearing back much sooner and it being successful would be odd. Have to just wait I suppose!

ReputationRep:
    Hi anyone for illustration?

ReputationRep:
    They told me in the interview I'd hear back in 2-3 weeks, so hearing back much sooner and it being successful would be odd. Have to just wait I suppose!
    Not really. I got my offer through in just a few days, and they said it'd be a few weeks. Mine was so quick cause I already had the grades, good personal statement, good audition. Don't knock yourself out about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    Not really. I got my offer through in just a few days, and they said it'd be a few weeks. Mine was so quick cause I already had the grades, good personal statement, good audition. Don't knock yourself out about it.
    Had the grades, good personal statement and my interview was okay, but unsuccessful anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Had the grades, good personal statement and my interview was okay, but unsuccessful anyway.
    Mate :/ Sorry to hear that! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FluffyLion)
    Mate :/ Sorry to hear that! Where else have you applied?
    I had also applied to Ulster, London twice and Bedfordshire. All unsuccessful except Bedfordshire, but that was a filler choice. The more I learn about the area and the fact I got in with no interview and they don't offer an open day for the course puts me off.

Throw on a few more applications I guess, I have 220UCAS points so I only qualify for so many courses. As Matthew Wilder says, I've got to keep on moving! :P

ReputationRep:
    I had also applied to Ulster, London twice and Bedfordshire. All unsuccessful except Bedfordshire, but that was a filler choice. The more I learn about the area and the fact I got in with no interview and they don't offer an open day for the course puts me off.

Throw on a few more applications I guess, I have 220UCAS points so I only qualify for so many courses. As Matthew Wilder says, I've got to keep on moving! :P
    Sorry to hear about the unsuccessful, buddy. Don't worry, you'll find the place for you. Fate, and all that

ReputationRep:
    hi has anyone got in to do fine art ?
    many thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here to do 3D Design? I don't know anyone on my course yet!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not but I'm curious to how you sorted out your Erasmus. I'm in my first year here and always wondered how to start enquiring about it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.