Turn on thread page Beta

Best album of 2010? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminge)
    Oh, my god! that sounds so cool. i was supposed to go and see them at underage, too (because i had heard them on the radio :P) but TOTALLY forgot while i was there - was probably at some crap band like hadouken was also supposed to see marina and the diamonds. both big regrets. and now underage has turned all mainstream so it's unlikely you'll find another future xx/marina/laura marling (2007?) act :mad:

hmm, bombay haven't really been doing it for me lately, don't know why but hoping the next electric album will win me back and remind me why i loved them so much!
    Ah I missed Marina and the Diamons too, which annoyed me! There were so many bands that I saw which now I think WHY? when really I could have seen some great new bands. But yeah, the lineup for 2010 looked a little rubbish.

Bombay are one of my favourite bands ever, saw them live acoustic a few weeks back and it was truly incredible. They did a couple of electric songs too, and I met Jack after. They did a new electric song called 'Beggars' which was very good Also saw them two days after they released their first album in a tiny venue...true fan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TotalLifeForever)
    Ah I missed Marina and the Diamons too, which annoyed me! There were so many bands that I saw which now I think WHY? when really I could have seen some great new bands. But yeah, the lineup for 2010 looked a little rubbish.

Bombay are one of my favourite bands ever, saw them live acoustic a few weeks back and it was truly incredible. They did a couple of electric songs too, and I met Jack after. They did a new electric song called 'Beggars' which was very good Also saw them two days after they released their first album in a tiny venue...true fan
    ha same, also missed out on temper trap and i think two door were there too. it was part of the reason why i suddenly became so interested in finding new music :rolleyes:

ooh where you saw bombay, do you mean at the garage? if so, i saw them play a day or two before (aha!) at rough trade records where i met the band too. i remember telling the drummer i might see them at the garage as well (i was just making that up :P)

i've heard 'beg' - same song? - on youtube and when they performed it at itunes fest; really liked that one which led to my big hopes for next album!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminge)
    ha same, also missed out on temper trap and i think two door were there too. it was part of the reason why i suddenly became so interested in finding new music :rolleyes:

ooh where you saw bombay, do you mean at the garage? if so, i saw them play a day or two before (aha!) at rough trade records where i met the band too. i remember telling the drummer i might see them at the garage as well (i was just making that up :P)

i've heard 'beg' - same song? - on youtube and when they performed it at itunes fest; really liked that one which led to my big hopes for next album!
    Yeah at the Garage! How do you know? Haha you beat me in terms of indieness. You saw them before, boo! They were incredible though, truly great live.
    I think it is the same song, it was really rather good. I expect nothing less than amazing from them tbh

ReputationRep:
    Mount Kimbie - Crooks and Lovers
    Massive Attack - Heligoland
    Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid
    Erykah Badu - New Amerykah Part II: Return of the Ankh
    (mixed by) dOP - Watergate 06
    Calibre - Even If

and a mention for Cee-Lo Green's The Lady Killer.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of want to say The Suburbs because I really like Arcade Fire but I actually preferred their first two albums.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.