Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Your blood type? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    O negative here. I don't like that I can only get blood from other O negatives.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NurseTobex)
    A+ who else here gives blood?

Ive given it a ocuple of times but its hard to get to some of the places where the sessions are held otherwise i'd do it more often.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    O+

ReputationRep:
    I am 0 + which means i am a universal donor and can give to any other blood group but can only recieve blood from my own blood group and i give my blood on a regular basis usually twice a year at the moment.

No idea.

No idea how to find out either, I'd like to give blood but fainted last time I had a blood test.

Needle fail!

A+

ReputationRep:
    AB-

Because i'm ****ing awesome

ReputationRep:
    I have rhesus negative blood (RhD-), My auntie and my nan have it too

I'm sure if I ever have a baby I have to get injections and stuff :eek:

(Original post by wizardtop)
    I am 0 + which means i am a universal donor and can give to any other blood group but can only recieve blood from my own blood group and i give my blood on a regular basis usually twice a year at the moment.
    No no, 0- can be given to anyone, 0+ can be given to anyone with an Rh+ blood type.

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, but this thread has reminded me I was going to give blood. Ta. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    B -
    Not allowed to donate any more because my veins are too small ¬¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ocarinaoftime)
    I have rhesus negative blood, My auntie and my nan have it too

I'm sure if I ever have a baby I have to get injections and stuff :eek:
    Yes because you don't have the rhesus antigen so that if you ever came into contact with it (i.e. through your child in womb) your immune system would recognise it as foreign and attack the blood cells to which the antigen is attached.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JosieMcfeene)
    B -
    Not allowed to donate any more because my veins are too small ¬¬
    Mines are awful, takes them 5 mins to find one (after patting down my arm at a high pressure), then I have to squeeze my fist for the whole time which is at least double that of a 'normal' person.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I am giving blood on the 2nd of February, thus I will find out my blood type shortly after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jarlsberg)
    What is it?
    cba about it. dont even know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    Mines are awful, takes them 5 mins to find one (after patting down my arm at a high pressure), then I have to squeeze my fist for the whole time which is at least double that of a 'normal' person.
    Oh yeah, squeezing your fist for that long is a killer. Had it done twice where they missed the vein and had to dig the needle around, so painful! Not allowed anymore because if i need blood tests in the future they're gonna have enough trouble without anymore scar tissue :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurie:))
    i have no idea, even though recently i've had thousands of blood tests, for some reason they wont tell me??

i really want to start giving blood, and technically i can start giving next month (i turn 17 wooooop) but i am seriously scared of needles, the only way i can have blood tests is cos they get the spray on anaesthetic from paeds every time, does anybody know if they have anything like that when you donate? i would seriously love to donate but shudder when i think of the needles!
    I'm not sure if they do have anything like that but when I went to give blood it was completely different to having a blood test.

I didn't even feel the needle go in and I never felt it when they took it out which is normally the worst part. The people at the blood donations are phlebotomists, opposed to doctors or nurses. I know it's hard when you hate needles but the people keep you occupied and make sure you aren't really thinking of what's happening.

I'm B+, pretty common for my race (Pakistani descent).

I first donated back in march, really need to go again.

ReputationRep:
    I know this is gonna sound stupid but, i dont know my blood type.
    I know it before, but i forgot. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domino0806)
    No no, 0- can be given to anyone, 0+ can be given to anyone with an Rh+ blood type.
    I stand corrected diomino0806.I still give blood twice a yeareven given three times on two seperate occassions and not far away from the next blood award ie silver

ReputationRep:
    O+

Yes, a commoner.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.