Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Your favourite album of all time - pick one! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    Haha changed the face of music stop embarassing yourself. The Beatles changed the face of music, the Sex Pistols changed the face of music, the Killers did not change the face of music. Oh and because they have stayed popular over the whole course of 6 years isn't a testament to the quality so you can come back with that statement if they are still popular in 20 years time. And I don't dislike them because they're popular, in fact I like a lot of popular music but just find the Killers boring. Sorry 'boyo'...
    For someone who pretends to know so much about music you actually know **** all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 66CC99)
    For someone who pretends to know so much about music you actually know **** all
    And you are obviously retarded for thinking the Killers changed music. FACT: They didn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vedderfan94)
    And you are obviously retarded for thinking the Killers changed music. FACT: They didn't.
    Whatever you say boss. I should'd known better than to try to make you less stupid. Goodnight boss man

ReputationRep:
    The Dark Side of the Moon

ReputationRep:
    Odessey & Oracle by The Zombies.

ReputationRep:
    The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd

ReputationRep:
    Pinkerton - Weezer

ReputationRep:
    cant choose between :

illmatic - nas
    or
    enter the 36 chambers - wu tang clan

honourable mentions : food and liquor - lupe fiasco
    all kanye west albums besides 808's and heartbreak

ReputationRep:

:coma::coma::coma::coma::coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magical Moogles)
    I was going to say Hounds of Love and/or Dark Side of the Moon

I'll admit I don't know what your first album is though
    Depeche Mode surfaced in the 80's, that album's a bit of a cult favourite, and I happened to buy all their albums and like that one the best. <3

(Original post by plainsong)
    I love The Dreaming... and pretty much every album Kate Bush does to be honest. Thumbs up. 8D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rotten Apple)
    Depeche Mode surfaced in the 80's, that album's a bit of a cult favourite, and I happened to buy all their albums and like that one the best. <3

I love The Dreaming... and pretty much every album Kate Bush does to be honest. Thumbs up. 8D
    Same here, the only two I haven't loved/got into yet are the The Red Shoes and the Sensual World, but that's probably because I haven't tried to yet. I also like Depeche Mode quite a lot, especially 'Violator'... Haven't listened to Black Celebration though; shall give it a try.

(Dark Side of the Moon is also brilliant )

ReputationRep:

Halestorm - Halestorm

ReputationRep:
    Electric Ladyland

Dark side of the moon is a very close second

ReputationRep:
    Example- What We Made
    Example- Won't Go Quietly

Boom.

ReputationRep:
    White Album - The Beatles

ReputationRep:

Most fans would say The Holy Bible is their favourite but I don't always feel like listening to it because although it is a fantastic album it's very heavy, overwhelmingly so sometimes. Journal For Plague Lovers is a lot easier to listen to which is why I rate it more highly. The opening sample from The Machinist in Peeled Apples makes me feel a certain thrill, even after listening to it so many times. I just love this album.

ReputationRep:
    How can I pick?

It's between:

Oh, Inverted World by The Shins
    Led Zeppelin IV by.. Led Zeppelin
    Morning View by Incubus
    Dark Side Of The Moon by Pink Floyd
    Second Light by Dreadzone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    The Dark Side of the Moon
    Didn't know Stalin was a Floyd fan.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't choose out of these two

Pinkerton - Weezer
    Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park

Both are so amazing that I can just listen to them constantly andhave probably done so over a hundred times.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Not hard for me:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.