Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Don't cancel the trip, go with somebody else. And don't just forgive her and have her back, she slapped you man! Give it time, if she's really sorry, you'll know it.

And good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    I don't know. The very word itself has been destroyed. It's now throw around like a curse word. There is a lot of ignorance about it all. I'm a feminist in the equal right sense, and I don't have any male friends etc.
    Don't see why that has anything to do with it.
    Sorry, am tired as didnt sleep last night do you mean you dont see what it has to do with it in the sense about the feminist girl I knew with male friends?

I was inferring she saw herself as equal to the lads in the sense that she was just as capable as doing things as the men, therefore she was a feminist as she believed in equality, which in this sense meant getting drunk and being able to see the attractiveness in women(she wasnt lesbian)

I wouldnt say I was personally ignorant of feminism, yet my first experience of feminism was around the time I turned 12 and these feminists(they even called themselves that) were basically the "crazy ones" in the sense that everything was about finding a way to get one over on men and talk about how women are superior and men are useless.

There was this guy who worked as a manager in a cafe that was a drop in for people with mental health issues, even things like depression and he fell in love with a nurse at the hospital but the rules are people like that cant date so they grassed him up(and admitted it with big grins on their faces) then threw him a leaving party where in the speech said they would never let a man become high up in the staff ever again!

Which was proven when they started getting people on work experience from college and uni which were all female, and the main thing was when my dad applied for the managerial position, was hugely qualified, liked by the customers and the other staff bar the feminist high up ones but wasnt even given an interview and they self promoted one of their other feminist friends to the position who had no experience and was hated by the clients!

My dad took it to the employment tribunal and won and was in local papers at the time.

Needless to say that all of a sudden within a week or so a new male work experience person came on and he said on his first day that he was meant to be going somewhere else but they changed it at last minute with this girl in his class.

So I have personally seen and experienced the stereotype, in fact far more than once so those sort of feminists do exist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PapaShmurff)
    Yeah well girls are smelly!
    ooh you did not go there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryouga)
    Sorry, am tired as didnt sleep last night do you mean you dont see what it has to do with it in the sense about the feminist girl I knew with male friends?

I was inferring she saw herself as equal to the lads in the sense that she was just as capable as doing things as the men, therefore she was a feminist as she believed in equality, which in this sense meant getting drunk and being able to see the attractiveness in women(she wasnt lesbian)

I wouldnt say I was personally ignorant of feminism, yet my first experience of feminism was around the time I turned 12 and these feminists(they even called themselves that) were basically the "crazy ones" in the sense that everything was about finding a way to get one over on men and talk about how women are superior and men are useless.

There was this guy who worked as a manager in a cafe that was a drop in for people with mental health issues, even things like depression and he fell in love with a nurse at the hospital but the rules are people like that cant date so they grassed him up(and admitted it with big grins on their faces) then threw him a leaving party where in the speech said they would never let a man become high up in the staff ever again!

Which was proven when they started getting people on work experience from college and uni which were all female, and the main thing was when my dad applied for the managerial position, was hugely qualified, liked by the customers and the other staff bar the feminist high up ones but wasnt even given an interview and they self promoted one of their other feminist friends to the position who had no experience and was hated by the clients!

My dad took it to the employment tribunal and won and was in local papers at the time.

Needless to say that all of a sudden within a week or so a new male work experience person came on and he said on his first day that he was meant to be going somewhere else but they changed it at last minute with this girl in his class.

So I have personally seen and experienced the stereotype, in fact far more than once so those sort of feminists do exist.
    Errr, they're lunatics. That's the common misconception and stereotype. It doesn't apply to everyone. Maybe a few insane ones (like you've demonstrated) but not all. Equal rights, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    She was wrong to slap you. To be so selfish as to not consider you're plans or money is worrying. Perhaps she's got some things on her mind and thats how she's getting her feelings through.

But I'd love to go to Paris??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    Good post Neon, bit of rep for you there.
    Hey thanks

ReputationRep:
    It was really disrespectful of her to cancel on you and slap you. Dont act while you are still angry or with will make things worse. Take some time to cool down, and contact her when you are thinking more rationally. As you said you still ove her so maybe you can work through it but you guys need to talk and she needs to realise how out of line she was but don't go about it with blazing guns, just let her know that you were really hurt by her actions after you went to all that effort. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I know you feel really confused at the minute, but what you have to think about is before the incident. Has she ever done that kind of thing before? Has she ever got really angry at you? Or was it totally out of character?
    If nothing like this has ever happened in the past, I think you should try and talk to her about why she done it.
    It all sounds a bit messed up, but you are human at the end of the day and you do have feelings for this girl even if you dont want to.
    I think thats the thing about being in love, you just know what they are like and what they would and wouldnt do. You just have to read into the situation, and maybe ask her if anything has been on her mind that she would like to talk about.
    I know you are looking for the esvape answer here to make everything ok, but you just have to do what you think is right and not what anyone else tells you. If she really loves you, im sure everything will get sorted out eventually. It may take some work, and a lot of long chats, but please dont give up without a fight for an explanation and how she feels about your relationship at the minute.

Sorry if I rambled on!
    Good luck and let me know how it turns out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by effofex)
    Why does the gender of the person administering the slap come into it? Have you not heard of gender equality?
    Have you heard of tradition? or gentleman? that's the way it's been for so many years..and it's going to be.
    a boy slapping a girl is like him wearong a wedding dress.wrong.
    They dont have the same physical strength.plus the guys must be polite no matter what.This ofcourse does not make it ok for girls to use violence.
    but it will never be the same.

ReputationRep:
    People under-estimate the power of the girl slap. They hurt like a b*tch from my experience...

ANYWAY

For now cool off. Wait for an apology and if you want to be together with her then accept it and forget about it. If she doesn't apologise then forget about her, you have every right to be angry at her if she knew about your plans and she immediatley disregarded them because it was her friends birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her how you feel.

1. She shouldn't have touched you!!

2. You were doing something nice for her and she obviously didn't care.

Confront her about it. If she can't listen, tell her where to go kmt

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't sound like your gf cares for you much if I'm being honest. It also sounds like she's got a violent streak to her, I mean for her to slap you. That's not really normal.
    • TSR Support Team

Spoof thread or the actual girlfriend? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1496671

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boobies.)
    If that side of the story is completely true, She was out of order
    But saying 'You can't stand the sight of her' is harsh.

You're making a big deal out of it, yes she was rude about your holiday that you planned, she didn't consider your feelings, but you should have dealt with it differently. You completely disrespected her by not dealing with it in a sensible manner and saying that to her, which is deeply offensive, so she disrespected you back. The only thing you should be mad at is that she made you cancel the holiday.

To be honest though, it sounds like you're not telling the full story.

Why aren't you more bothered about her cancelling the holiday now? It seems weird that that doesn't seem to annoy you as much as the slap does.

Sorry folks!
    Physical violence is not acceptable. She should have just called you names back.
    It just tends to happen that guys get slapped when they're rude to girls.
    Probs gonna neg the **** out of you when I next can.

ReputationRep:
    This is the best trolling I've seen in a while
    • TSR Support Team

The fact the girlfriend ain't commented on this yet tends to suggest the other thread is just a spoof.

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say, fantastic trolling good sir/madam :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    How could she slap!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Melanie-v)
    That was really rude of her, especially if she didn't offer to pay for the cancellation. Did she?
    You two had the prior plans, and they weren't just something minor.

Maybe she didn't really mean to slap you, and just lost it or whatever. Is she always that emotional? Leave it for a few days and tell her how you feel. Then see.
    I wonder if you would be some calm and rational if the guy had been the one to do the slapping.

If that side of the story is completely true, She was out of order
    But saying 'You can't stand the sight of her' is harsh.

You're making a big deal out of it, yes she was rude about your holiday that you planned, she didn't consider your feelings, but you should have dealt with it differently. You completely disrespected her by not dealing with it in a sensible manner and saying that to her, which is deeply offensive, so she disrespected you back. The only thing you should be mad at is that she made you cancel the holiday.

To be honest though, it sounds like you're not telling the full story.

Why aren't you more bothered about her cancelling the holiday now? It seems weird that that doesn't seem to annoy you as much as the slap does.

Sorry folks!
    Physical violence is not acceptable. She should have just called you names back.
    It just tends to happen that guys get slapped when they're rude to girls.
    well then seeing as its now the 21st century and its all equal rights he should been well within his rights to slap her back. :rolleyes:

Her slapping him is not a little thing, i dont care how pissed off she was - she could have got up and left. In the arguement of who was more at fault - she was. Words said in the heat of the moment in one thing but assualt is something else.

OP personally the way she ahs acted would be a deal breaker and i wouldnt cancel the trip, id go and take a friend with me- but id let them the situation before hand, turning round to a mate male or female and going "im going to paris wanna come, btw we will in the same hotel room sharing a bed" is a bit of a wierd thing to land on someone

ReputationRep:
    heh, i get flicked hard in the side of the head if i'm that rude.
    He's making way too big a deal out of being slapped, Don't guys know that if you speak to your girlfriend like she's a piece of ****, you get slapped?
    Don't stupid *****es realise that domestic violence is never justified?

Even when the genders are reversed.

Makes me sick.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 3, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.