Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are there any girls who have decided they never want to have kids? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I would be happy if a woman said they didn't want kids, because I'm sterile anyway.
    I would be happily to adopt a dis-advantaged kid though (but not after a good 10 years of knowing her), since they usually are less likely to act like/be pricks.

I'm not into the idea of getting a woman to poop out another kid into the world that could possibly end up like the freaks you see on screaming in Tesco, or as a chav.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Converse)
    I asked her a question. You the ask me the same question. Why would you ask me the same question? Just looking for an argument and then taking the moral high ground when I reply. Grow up.
    Obviously because the question applies to you much more than it did to who you were asking - every post I've ever seen of yours has been pretty rude and if either of us is looking for an argument it looks like it's you, if I were looking for some sort of fight a much better target would have been any number of guys in this thread saying that girls who didn't want children were unnatural or that they'd never marry someone that didn't want kids.

I'm not trying to take any sort of moral high ground but if you think I am that's probably because it's not that hard to be morally superior to someone who trawls internet forums in order to randomly insult people they don't even know anything about :rolleyes:

Good day to you sir, hope you enjoy being a little ***** and dragging the good name of converse through the mud.
    :top2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mm_Minty)
    Obviously because the question applies to you much more than it did to who you were asking - every post I've ever seen of yours has been pretty rude and if either of us is looking for an argument it looks like it's you, if I were looking for some sort of fight a much better target would have been any number of guys in this thread saying that girls who didn't want children were unnatural or that they'd never marry someone that didn't want kids.

I'm not trying to take any sort of moral high ground but if you think I am that's probably because it's not that hard to be morally superior to someone who trawls internet forums in order to randomly insult people they don't even know anything about :rolleyes:

Good day to you sir, hope you enjoy being a little ***** and dragging the good name of converse through the mud.
    :top2:
    To clarify - I don't want to argue.
    Me thinks you are the little *****.
    Peace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Yes, now let's wait for the inevitably male **** to come along and tell people they will change their minds, because said **** obviously knows people better than they know themselves.
    So we're ***** because we believe children are a good thing? Thanks, what a wonderful thing to hear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    So we're ***** because we believe children are a good thing? Thanks, what a wonderful thing to hear.
    Try reading my post again and locating where I said that.

I said you're a **** if you go around telling people they're going to change their minds when you know nothing about them. Learn to read.

ReputationRep:
    Try reading my post again and locating where I said that.

I said you're a **** if you go around telling people they're going to change their minds when you know nothing about them. Learn to read.
    That's my point. I think some of you will eventually change your mind because you might see that children are a good thing. So yes, you're calling me a **** but it's ok, I understand what you mean.

No need to neg though :\

ReputationRep:
    Most girls here are academics/intellectuals, will they really find time to play families in their careers? I know that relationships and family-creation was something I had to think about long and hard before I decided to streamline towards being a medic

(worked out that I would be training until my early thirties! I would like to have a big faily by my mid thirties :/ *SIGH* the troubles of a medic)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
    That's my point. I think some of you will eventually change your mind because you might see that children are a good thing. So yes, you're calling me a **** but it's ok, I understand what you mean.

No need to neg though :\
    Not your place to be a patronising **** and tell people that they'll change their minds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gavzzz)
    I want kids so that I can say that I am actually proud of something I have achieved.
    This is incredibly sad. I really pity you.

ReputationRep:
    Me. Too costly and I dunno whether I would be a good enough parent, what if I just don't understand them and am not there for them, they may never forgive me.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure I won't have kids. I find it really hard to connect with them (in terms of speaking to kids on their level) and I think they do with me as well, so I don't really know how I'd be as a mum. I don't have a lot of patience either so I think I'm more suited to sticking with a pet.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say I'm maternal, but I think I'd make a rubbish parent and I couldn't bare ruining an innocent life and for them to go down the same road as I did. Nope. Not worth it. I couldn't forgive myself if I wrecked my own child's life.

ReputationRep:
    do people here really think there's something wrong with wanting to have your own kids?

ReputationRep:
    Not your place to be a patronising **** and tell people that they'll change their minds.
    Look up the definition of the word patronising. It's my opinion, it's just what I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    This sort of attitude annoys me. "Oh you'll get over it. You'll change your mind! You'll get desperate! Mark my words! " :rolleyes: Maybe, maybe not. It doesn't matter. That's not for other people to say. You don't go around saying the same thing to a man.
    "Put her carer on hold so she can get me a few babies".. What? I don't want children, and if I did. I wouldn't put my carer on hold. (except the parental leave).. In Norway the mother gets a 100% paid year, and the dad 12 weeks, 100 % paid (I think) . Can't people just get over this? Some act like they are personally offended.
    Exactly. Why should a woman always be expected to put her career on hold, why not the father? it's as if a woman only has a secondary right to decide what happens in her own life, and that what she wants/ is best for her should be subjugated to what men want. Well, i'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way, and it's abhorrent that some men seem to expect this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Thats made me sad, but I can totally understand where you are coming from.TBH I dont know how anyone cant love their child unconditionally,thats what parents do.
    Yeah, once you see your child you cant give unconditional and unwanted love to it. Its not human

ReputationRep:
    Well, I have kind of decided I probably dont want to have children as I always find it difficult to actually get on with them and most people have always pointed out that im not very maternal. But if I did I would probably just adopt, might as well help those who have been unforutnate enough to be made orphans

The last boy i went out with found it a little bit disturbing that I really didnt want kids....so i think for a lot of males it is a bit of a deal breaker

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah234)
    Exactly. Why should a woman always be expected to put her career on hold, why not the father? it's as if a woman only has a secondary right to decide what happens in her own life, and that what she wants/ is best for her should be subjugated to what men want. Well, i'm sorry, but it doesn't work that way, and it's abhorrent that some men seem to expect this.
    I completely agree. I thought we had moved past this.

ReputationRep:
    I personally am completely undecided.

Although my mum would kill me if I didn't have kids. Well, to hell with that.

ReputationRep:
    This is incredibly sad. I really pity you.
    Why? Because I feel that kids are something to be most proud of?

At the end of my life what will a degree really mean to me? What will the Masters course I am taking now mean to me? Bugger all, that's what.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.