Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is wrong with finding the thought of two men bumming each other disgusting? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam_G)
    Yeah, I don't think I'm good enough to be a gay comedian, I'm annoying enough... just not funny enough

(can't believe i'm "bantering" :zomg: *feels so special*)
    Dont worry, it doesnt matter if you arent funny, i hear gays will **** anything with a penis. And to be a comedian you just have to have a weird voice and act like a mentally ill woman.

You're right, banter is fun.

ReputationRep:
    Whilst the OP is phrasing it in quite a rude way, I sort of agree with him.

But personally, although I find the idea disgusting (on the giving or receiving end of it), so long as you don't try and stick your **** in my bum, I don't have a problem with you.

ReputationRep:
    I agree the act of two men bumming, or infact sexually interacting at all, is quite viscerally repulsive. As long as it is not shoved down my throat (literally and metaphorically) then I have no problem with it - I just don't want to see it; keep it in the bedroom, please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Yes i agree, but surely common sense would tell them that having sex with a woman is needed for the continuation of the specices. Whereas same-sex sex isnt neccessary.

So? Sexual attraction isn't ruled by common sense. It isn't a matter of deciding that one sort of sexuality is more logical than another. If it was, then the countless number of homosexuals tortured over the years by their sexuality (and by the homophobic) would have changed how they feel in order to avoid considerable pain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    Dont worry, it doesnt matter if you arent funny, i hear gays will **** anything with a penis. And to be a comedian you just have to have a weird voice and act like a mentally ill woman.

You're right, banter is fun.
    I hear straights will attempt to sexually destroy anything resembling a fanny.

I can easily act like mentally ill woman, but I'm afraid that my voice won't be weird enough :sad:

Well, I'm off to bed now anyways (I'm not inviting you, I'm just very tired :ahee:)

/banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
    So? Sexual attraction isn't ruled by common sense. It isn't a matter of deciding that one sort of sexuality is more logical than another. If it was, then the countless number of homosexuals tortured over the years by their sexuality (and by the homophobic) would have changed how they feel in order to avoid considerable pain.
    They obviously have no common sense then get it- its banter
    Im only joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rational Paradox)
    Not really...can you give an actual argument against gay adoption?

and what proof do you have that parents of the same gender cannot be good parents?
    a kid having 2 dads/2 mums would get bullied at school purely for that reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    So basically, because of a few intolerant bigots, that means that perfectly elligible gay couples should be denied a right to raise children?

ReputationRep:
    Prehaps the "I don't think gay men should adopt kids" led to your somewhat justified title of a homophobe
    That doesn't signify in any way that he's a homophobe, just like how disliking a policy made by David Cameron doesn't signify that one hates the Tories.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damos92)
    That doesn't signify in any way that he's a homophobe, just as how disliking a policy made by David Cameron doesn't signify that one hates the Tories.
    I dunno, seems pretty irrational and prejudiced to deny a stable, loving family a child (adoption or otherwise), just because they fancy the same gender?

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, seems pretty irrational and prejudiced to deny a stable, loving family a child (adoption or otherwise), just because they fancy the same gender?
    Not really my point. Homophobes have a fear of gay people around them and in general, simple as that really.

As to your point, i think it's a complex issue and one which i haven't really researched or anything so i wont offer a conclusive opinion, but i do think that growing up in a house with two dads will have its benefits and its adverse effects, cba to go into it at this late hour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinbad23)
    According to some people this is "homophobic" instantly and now Im a bad person.

An ignorant, vile human being.

Yet that is my opinion.

Men who act like feminine *****es and queens are ****ing irritating.

Men who bum other men, and perve on other men irritate me.

I dont think gay men should adopt kids.

Now I must be "homophobic" right?:rolleyes:

And no I dont neccessarily think they should all be slaughtered either
    You are ignorant and vile. This is my opinion. People who act like you are irritating. You shouldn't be allowed kids. They should slaughter you.

(Original post by TheProdigy2k9)
    Is this the best argument you can think up? damn the education system has failed you miserably. MISERABLY!

Children bully their peers whose parents are immigrants, lack the ability to speak English, have a **** job, are fat, cannot afford item A, B or C, live in the local run down council estate, shop in poundland or any other cost saving shop like Primmark. For being Black, Chinese, eastern European (plumber) gyspy. Even for being simply smelly. What about a parent in a wheel chair? I had a group of teenagers who dared to laugh out loud, at a poor lady in a wheel chair in a shop where my work.

Are you daring to claim being bullied because your adopted parent/s are gay tops the list? are you having a laugh?! where is you proof of this? none. You are simply basing this on your prejudice view on homosexual people.

A child with extremely fat parents will get bullied purely for that reason. We've all been kids at school, lets not kid ourself here. Surely the child should be protected from this likely outcome of being adopted by two loving, but very fat man and woman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    [hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh]
    –noun
    - unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.
    - intense hatred or fear of homosexuals or homosexuality
    God, that's basically my mum, my dad (who is worryingly a policeman), my stepmum, my older sister (a little bit), my 8 year old half brother, definitely my aunt (my cousin and I once had a half hour argument with her because she was saying all gay people should die because they were 'going against God's will'. I can't even describe how many things were wrong with her 'arguments'.) :facepalm: and pretty much every other person in my family apart from myself and my cousin. My cousin and I are pretty much the only non homophobic people in my entire family! Incidentally, we're the only ones who aren't even vaguely religious. I wouldn't like to comment on a correlation...

I hate it, seriously HATE it when people don't respect people's sexuality and deem it a 'choice' or something equally inane and then expect other people to respect their opinions. I also hate that whole idea of 'I don't mind people being gay as long as I don't see it.' Why should gay people have to hide away? I used to be like that but I don't think it's right. I think if I saw a gay couple kissing in public, I'd be surprised. Not because I'm homophobic but because I don't see it everyday. That's upsetting, I don't want to be surprised. I wish society could get to a point where gay people could be treated the same, for example, I'm going to bring up civil partnership. Why is it called civil partnership? Can't it just be called a marriage? That's what it is! I don't see how the sex of two people who love each other enough to take that commitment is relevant in the title of the ceremony. That's phrased really badly, sorry, I'm too tired to think of another way to phrase it. I understand there's a lot of religious stuff involved in civil partnerships but my romantic, idealistic side just wants all that stuff to fall away and for civil partners to just be seen as husbands or wives.

On that note, if a gay couple want to be affectionate in public or adopt a child, they should be able to. Why should someone be denied something that's seen as 'normal' (or even a right) for a heterosexual couple because they happen to be gay? To use an anecdotal example, a maths teacher at my school is gay, he's been with his partner for ages and they've adopted a son. The child is, as far as I know, well adjusted and happy. The couple love each other. What's the problem? I just think there is so much intolerance in the world already, it all needs to go away. I know it won't. I know I sound like a naive, ridiculous innocent idiot. I just wish everyone in the world could be happy and free to live as they want without intolerance and bigotry. That's obviously a lot more than just gay people but I'm seriously too exhausted to list the numerous groups of people who've been discriminated against. But I hate how in this day and age casual homophobia is still so common. And don't get me started on the 'unnatural' crap...

I'm usually not a very argumentative person but for some reason homophobia really riles me. I just can't stand the thought of people negatively judging others for something they can't change. :rant:

In answer to the OP's question, nothing's really wrong with the *thought* per se. I'd just question the fact that you bother to think about it...
    I remember meeting a family friend and my cousin casually mentioned a gay soap couple. He then proceeded to rant and graphically describe gay sex and talk about how 'wrong' it was. Now, I'm sorry. If he thought it was so wrong and disgusting, why the hell was he graphically describing it? Admittedly, I don't know the ins and outs (no pun intended) of anal sex, but I know enough to know the stuff he was mentioning isn't something you'd know from opening a text book. Imo, as long as the thought that 'two men bumming each other is wrong' (nice phrasing btw!) doesn't influence the way you treat people you know who are gay then it's not *really* a problem. I'm assuming people don't have anal sex in front of you, so put it out of your head. The slight issue though, is that you find the thought of two MEN doing it disgusting. See, if I actually bother to think about anal sex- which I must admit, I don't make a habit of- my first thought is 'ew' but it's 'ew' for whether it's two men or a man and a woman. It's the act itself I find slightly sick-making. If you don't have a problem with the thought of a man and a woman doing it then I'd question whether you have a deeper issue with gay people. But all this repeated typing of 'anal sex' is just making me want to ask: why the hell do you bother thinking about it in the first place?

I'm going to shut up now. I've typed for far too long! :sigh: I really do talk/type/rant too much. This is all probably very incoherent. Sorry. But yeah, just my two pence.

ReputationRep:
    I mean whats wrong with not wanting this society to be a gay society where you walk down the road and two men are holding hands and kissing, everything on this tv is about gay people, government officials etc are talking about their boyfriend.

Whats next pedophilia.
    Tell me, OP, what is it about two men holding hands that makes you so uncomfortable? Is it that twinge in your pants? Is it the fact that your heart beats a little faster and your palms sweat? Is it that you wish it was you with your tongue in another guys mouth? Is it that although you wish it was you, you wish even more that you didn't feel like that, you wish you were 'normal'?

Well, newsflash, ********, there's nothing abnormal about being gay, there's nothing shameful about a man who loves a man, or a woman who loves a woman. And you know what, people in this thread have been pussy-footing around it but, yeah, your views do make you a homophobe; you're irrationally afraid of gay people. And it is irrational, OP, because here's the thing: if you don't like the idea of 'bumming another man' then don't bum another ****ing man. It's as simple as that.

And as for your unbelievably offensive comparison between paedophilia and homosexuality, the key difference between having sex with children and having sex with people of the same sex as yourself is consent. Two men consent to 'bumming each other' otherwise it's rape, and the law deems those under a certain age to be incapable of giving said consent, and we as a society deem people who are aroused by the lack of consent in their sexual adventures to be immoral. That's why we persecute rapists and paedophiles.

But let's be frank, the fact that you needed the difference between being gay and being a paedophile explained to you shows that you're incredibly unintelligent so perhaps we who have to read your drivel should rise above it and not answer you, in your inane attempt to get attention by driving up 'controversy'. I wish I was big enough of a person to ignore you, but alas I'm not, nonetheless, I hope I've succeeded in proving you wrong.

Oh and by the way, the fact that you're a student of Sociology is the definition of ironic being that you appear to know absolutely ****-all about society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukas1051)
    if you can give a justified reason then go ahead and try, but if it's simply because they are gay, why should they have fewer rights?
    Kinda jumping into the convo here loool
    I wouldn’t say fewer rights but I would feel for the children.. Were all been at school and seen how tough it can be for certain kids now imagine if you were the child with 2 dads! Fine if you can stick up for your self and are naturally poplar but what if your not? You have a life of bullying and ridicule to come because lets be honest children will find any reason to tease another child and by letting gays adopt you just putting a sign above there head say “pick me im the target for this school”

At my school there was a boy in the year above me and his dad had a sex change so be basically had 2 moms, this happened when he was in yr 9, he told everybody at school because and I quote “he thought if he showed people it didn’t matter to him that they wouldn’t have a problem with it” he was very wrong… he spent the next 3 years of his life being bullied severely to the point where the police were called on several occasions until end of year 10 he had to move school… now admittedly this boy was a grade a **** and properly evoked 10% of the bulling himself but a lot of it came from the “homophobic” views people at my school have, sad but true…
    I’m not gays peoples biggest fans (most Jamaicans aren’t) but as long as its not paraded in my face I don’t have a problem with it I mean I lived with a gay guy (virgin tho lol) for 2 months but in relation to letting gays adopt, I would have to say no… I just feel the neg rep coming; I did try to put a valid point across lol

(Original post by MissSasha)
      Kinda jumping into the convo here loool
      I wouldn’t say fewer rights but I would feel for the children.. Were all been at school and seen how tough it can be for certain kids now imagine if you were the child with 2 dads! Fine if you can stick up for your self and are naturally poplar but what if your not? You have a life of bullying and ridicule to come because lets be honest children will find any reason to tease another child and by letting gays adopt you just putting a sign above there head say “pick me im the target for this school”

At my school there was a boy in the year above me and his dad had a sex change so be basically had 2 moms, this happened when he was in yr 9, he told everybody at school because and I quote “he thought if he showed people it didn’t matter to him that they wouldn’t have a problem with it” he was very wrong… he spent the next 3 years of his life being bullied severely to the point where the police were called on several occasions until end of year 10 he had to move school… now admittedly this boy was a grade a **** and properly evoked 10% of the bulling himself but a lot of it came from the “homophobic” views people at my school have, sad but true…
      I’m not gays peoples biggest fans (most Jamaicans aren’t) but as long as its not paraded in my face I don’t have a problem with it I mean I lived with a gay guy (virgin tho lol) for 2 months but in relation to letting gays adopt, I would have to say no… I just feel the neg rep coming; I did try to put a valid point across lol

That kid getting bullied at your school wasn't the fault of his parents. It was the fault of the normal parents (yours included if you joined in), who raised little homophobic *******s.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by morecambebay)
      That kid getting bullied at your school wasn't the fault of his parents. It was the fault of the normal parents (yours included if you joined in), who raised little homophobic *******s.
      I never joint in fact I tried to talk to him when ever I saw him but the point of the matter is he never got bullied until he reviled that secret, and yes maybe it is down to the parent who raise children to believe such thoughts but right now (unless we get something out of men in black to wipe everybody’s minds) people aren’t just going to conform to how certain individuals would like them to… I know we have to start at some point, and if we never let them adopt they will never be able , and people will never learn to be tolerate but I just feel for the kids who this adoption scheme is tested on, for those hundreds of children which will get bullied until people do except… I just don’t think now is the right time, I don’t know when is but I just don’t feel now is… sorry if this is offending anybody but this is the reality of life. That boy from my school was just an example but as I said before school is hard enough without adding something like that to the mix…

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by butterfieldaar)
      Tell me, OP, what is it about two men holding hands that makes you so uncomfortable? Is it that twinge in your pants? Is it the fact that your heart beats a little faster and your palms sweat? Is it that you wish it was you with your tongue in another guys mouth? Is it that although you wish it was you, you wish even more that you didn't feel like that, you wish you were 'normal'?

Well, newsflash, ********, there's nothing abnormal about being gay, there's nothing shameful about a man who loves a man, or a woman who loves a woman. And you know what, people in this thread have been pussy-footing around it but, yeah, your views do make you a homophobe; you're irrationally afraid of gay people. And it is irrational, OP, because here's the thing: if you don't like the idea of 'bumming another man' then don't bum another ****ing man. It's as simple as that.

And as for your unbelievably offensive comparison between paedophilia and homosexuality, the key difference between having sex with children and having sex with people of the same sex as yourself is consent. Two men consent to 'bumming each other' otherwise it's rape, and the law deems those under a certain age to be incapable of giving said consent, and we as a society deem people who are aroused by the lack of consent in their sexual adventures to be immoral. That's why we persecute rapists and paedophiles.

But let's be frank, the fact that you needed the difference between being gay and being a paedophile explained to you shows that you're incredibly unintelligent so perhaps we who have to read your drivel should rise above it and not answer you, in your inane attempt to get attention by driving up 'controversy'. I wish I was big enough of a person to ignore you, but alas I'm not, nonetheless, I hope I've succeeded in proving you wrong.

Oh and by the way, the fact that you're a student of Sociology is the definition of ironic being that you appear to know absolutely ****-all about society.
      Link between homosexuality and pedophilia offensive? Get over it, a man having sexual feelings towards a child, has similar effects to a man having sexual feelings towards a man. Just because it is offensive to you doesnt mean it isnt offensive to everyone. Personally i find whoever calls me "homophobic" for my said views is offensive. Thats like me finding the islamic/christian/jewish religion a pile of crap then I get stuck with the label "islamophobic/jew hater/ prejudiced.

Oh and there is more than one view of society. Im studying sociology that doesnt mean I automatically think "gay marriage/gay sex on the street/gay adpotion etc" is normal and a great thing as all the books suggest.

Link between homosexuality and pedophilia offensive? Get over it, a man having sexual feelings towards a child, has similar effects to a man having sexual feelings towards a man. Just because it is offensive to you doesnt mean it isnt offensive to everyone. Personally i find whoever calls me "homophobic" for my said views is offensive. Thats like me finding the islamic/christian/jewish religion a pile of crap then I get stuck with the label "islamophobic/jew hater/ prejudiced.

Oh and there is more than one view of society. Im studying sociology that doesnt mean I automatically think "gay marriage/gay sex on the street/gay adpotion etc" is normal and a great thing as all the books suggest.
        Oh.
        You're a troll.

ReputationRep:

The difference is the child won't have sexual feelings towards the man, and the man (who would also be gay) would have sexual feelings for the other gay man. Pedophelia is rape, gay sex isn't. Dumbass.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.