Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carmek)
    I got accepted for the Architecture course staring this september, for anyone still wondering - all the term dates are up on their website..

www.gsa.ac.uk/termdates

I applied for accommodation already, and received an offer for deluxe room in victoria hall eventhough i opted for margret macdonald house..

has anyone else gotten theirs yet? I was told I was lucky to get anything, but it sounds a bit expensive so i'm quite worried tbh!
    where are you from? ah im not from scotland so i hope they throw me in the cheapest accommodation cause my maintenance loan is not going to go far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EvaJJ)
    I'm starting Painting and Printmaking too, but year one though.
    Me too, except i cant seem to find anyone else...

ReputationRep:
    Year 1 P+P, just got my accom at Old School House, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I will be starting first year Fashion Design in September, very excited! Is anyone else? I haven't been able to find anyone on this course in my year so far.

Also have got a standard room in Margret Macdonald house accomodation... very happy!

ReputationRep:
    Just thought people might be interested to know there is a facebook page where GSA freshers have been posting... http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/gsaregistry

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know what the facilities are like? e.g if they have a gym etc?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rcrawley)
    Does anyone know what the facilities are like? e.g if they have a gym etc?
    Students at GSA are allowed to use the gym which belongs to the university of Glasgow:
    http://www.gsa.ac.uk/gsa.cfm?pid=24
    You can read more info on their website: http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/index.html

ReputationRep:
    how important is it to have good GCSE's and A-levels ? Im just about to start A2 and i have been told i can only continue 2 of my 4 subjects, meaning i will only have 2 full A-levels , does that matter to GSA, i have heard the portfolio is the main admission criteria..

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone had a freshers/induction pack? I think it's just an email detailing the first week, the registry seem to have mentioned it being sent several times, i've had nothing though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zhexi)
    Has anyone had a freshers/induction pack? I think it's just an email detailing the first week, the registry seem to have mentioned it being sent several times, i've had nothing though
    I haven't received anything either.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there, I'm an international student and I'm going to the GSA to start my Barch.
    I was wondering if anyone has had any information since receiving word about accomodations. I got into victoria hall, but since then I havn't heard anything. I'm starting to get stressed because I'm leaving Canada in two weeks and I don't know what courses I'm supposed to be taking, or where I'm supposed to go for enrolement, or anything. I have paid the 1000 pound deposit, but I want to pay the rest of my tuition, but I don't know where to do that.
    To be honest I think the school has been really disorganized about this whole thing. I don't even know what apartment I'm living in.

Does anyone have any insight?

ReputationRep:
    Also, does the GSA have some sort of frosh week? because I havn't heard anything about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessie6693)
    Also, does the GSA have some sort of frosh week? because I havn't heard anything about that.
    Don't know much about accom. but frosh/Fresher's week is the week beginning the 19th, far as i know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.