Yes
    74.03%
    No
    20.99%
    Maybe
    4.97%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieBee_90)
    Well this is where the original in relation to the OP becomes flawed because you can tell when a child is ugly, you can't tell when a child is going to be gay.
    Completely and utterly besides the point. As has been made clear by the OP, it has been assumed throughout the entirety of this thread that the hypothetical child in question is indeed gay. Please tell me you're not this stupid.

(Original post by d123)
    I'm sorry, you'd pick a good-looking child over an ugly child? It wouldn't even cross my mind to judge children on that criteria! Especially not if I was adopting, I'd adopt a child that needed it. Adoption isn't a question of supply and demand, it's about giving a home and a family to a child that for whatever reason doesn't have one.
    Personally, I wouldn't pick a good-looking child over an ugly child because I'm not that vain. You'd be surprise though how many actually would (admittedly mostly female, though I'll not get into that), be it subconsciously or otherwise. As for supply and demand, it is very much the case; humans at heart are selfish beings just like any other animal - most, however, delude themselves into thinking otherwise (again, this is a generalisation so this may or may not apply to you specifically)

ReputationRep:
    Why study if the child is gay or not instead you should be studying the behavioural aspects of the child. People tend to overlook the important factors and instread study the trivial ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelkin)
    Firstly, I don't think you're homophobic, though I really can't relate to this need to pass on your genes
    I wouldnt expect anyone to understand.
    But I was just wondering, what would you do if you had a gay kid but your wife didn't want to have anymore due to the trauma of the first birth, or if she couldn't have more because of complications, or whatever?
    I'd be pissed off. But hey want can i do, right? And theres still a chance the gay child would have a child, so all is not lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by quixoticduck)
    I guess I can understand that you might be disappointed if your kid was gay for whatever reasons you had for wanting a straight kid, but I don't get why you would be angry... I know you said you'd love them too much to be angry but I don't even get who you'd be angry at in he first place. :confused:
    I dont know who i could be angry at
    Myself? My sperm? Gay child? Nature?
    It would probably just be general anger, not really aimed at anyone, like when the wind blows your icecream onto the floor.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course I would. What's the issue? a) No grandchildren? Adoption can be done by two consecutive generations, shock and horror. b) They might be bullied? An issue with any child. c) You're homophobic? Then you don't deserve any children.

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt.
    It would have been interesting if you subdivided the poll into female and male as well, to see how much males or females would adopt a gay child.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else who wouldn't adopt, full stop, no matter what the kid's like? (unless for some reason I can't have kids naturally) Or is it just me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewroll)
    How would you know a child was gay? The way it sucks its milk bottle?

I want grandchildren So, no i dont think i would
    that's nice logic.. gay people can't have kids can they.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by as cruel as school children)
    that's nice logic.. gay people can't have kids can they.. :rolleyes:
    Im going to assume you havent read any more of my posts:rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.