Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/OCR_Adv...ode_potentials

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Housdenerr)
    yeah you missed colorimetry off the practicals list?
    Ahhhhh yes, of course! My good friend, colorimetry. Danke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei5)
    electrochemical cell anyone?

wiki books
    OCR Advanced GCE in Chemistry/Electrode potentials

google that has a good piccy of standard hydrogen cell

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    Does anyone know if there is a trick to finding out a chemical like PET'S OR PEN's repeating unit? as I am finding it difficult to remember

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legit)
    Just did June 2010
    74/90 WHOOP!
    Beyond A*
    Do you know the grade boundaries for it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darthdevidem)
    Do you know the grade boundaries for it?
    F334/01 Chemistry of Materials
    max,a,b,c,d,e,u
    Raw 90 64 56 49 42 35 0
    UMS 90 72 63 54 45 36 0

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone been revising today? I've done 3 1/2 past papers so far, although missing the mark scheme for this last one, which is a bit annoying, will have to take a look on t'internet and see if I can find it. I find the past papers especially helpful for chemistry because there's only so much they can ask you about, so if you do as many past papers as you can then you're sure to cover some of whats going to come up tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone feeling for this? What do you think is likely to come up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thorpedp)
    F334/01 Chemistry of Materials
    max,a,b,c,d,e,u
    Raw 90 64 56 49 42 35 0
    UMS 90 72 63 54 45 36 0
    Thanks and woahh they are pretty low grade boundaries, it is quite a difficult paper though!

ReputationRep:
    I can't find it on the spec, but can anyone just reassure me that we don't need to be able to do an n.m.r?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joestevens2092)
    I can't find it on the spec, but can anyone just reassure me that we don't need to be able to do an n.m.r?
    No it's in the module after although it used to be in this one so if you're doing older past papers it might crop up

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we do, although it still appears on the data sheets, which confuses me? Its only very briefly touched upon in these sections though, and not at all in the revision guide, so it would be pretty mean to chuck it in!

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone feeling for this? What do you think is likely to come up?
    Meant to hit quote, hit +rep instead...?! Ah well!

I'm hoping for experimental techniques it'll be either recrystallisation or t.l.c, those are nice ones to guarantee 5-6 marks

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody help me out please?
    You no in the steel story topic when you have to state the shape of a complex How do you no if the shape is tetrahedral or square planar for a complex with a coordination number of 4? Im really stuck on this can someone help me out please:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolie12)
    Meant to hit quote, hit +rep instead...?! Ah well!

I'm hoping for experimental techniques it'll be either recrystallisation or t.l.c, those are nice ones to guarantee 5-6 marks
    Me too! You must have been doing the old papers as well then

Only one I'm not too confident on is distillation but I'm going over that tonight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zahre)
    Can somebody help me out please?
    You no in the steel story topic when you have to state the shape of a complex How do you no if the shape is tetrahedral or square planar for a complex with a coordination number of 4? Im really stuck on this can someone help me out please:confused:
    In all of the mark schemes I've seen they will allow either, although the majority of them are tetrahedral, so I normally put that one down. But you should be awarded marks whichever one you put

ReputationRep:
    We need to know the details about aldehydes and ketones again, like in the june exam?

It's in the revision guide so I'm assuming so, but how wmuch do we need to know?

Do we need to know the details of the oxidations? Like potassium dichromate (vii) solution, distil, primary alcohol for oxidising an aldehyde?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loolie12)
    In all of the mark schemes I've seen they will allow either, although the majority of them are tetrahedral, so I normally put that one down. But you should be awarded marks whichever one you put
    Thank you. U prepared for the exam then? Any ideas what you think might come up? I hope we get a 6 mark question on t.l.c. I dont mind a 5-6 mark question on how to carry out a titration. That would be good.

ReputationRep:
    guys whats a pt electrode? n why is it in a specific cell only??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rei5)
    guys whats a pt electrode? n why is it in a specific cell only??
    platnium electrode, used in the Hydrogen half cell

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.