Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i'd poke it
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hey TSR)
    Pakistani and bangladeshis dont like each other do they?
    I wouldn't really say that. I'm half Indian, half Pakistani and my boyfriend's Bangladeshi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DorianGrayism)
    You are allowing your life to be governed by concepts that have no modern use. You have allowed figments of the imagination to run your life.

It is sad to see someone who seems to be intelligent and articulate wishes to use the few years of their life to please others.

You may not think you have the choice. You always have the choice.
    How?!?!

My parents are divorced. They are good people yet because my mum is a single mother she gets so tortured. When i met a close friend of mine at Uni her (pakistani) flatmate (who i had never met before and who i didn't know at all) told my friend lots of bull**** about how my family way bad and my dad had divorced my mum and so i must be a **** and slut (even though my mum divorced my dad) and that we ought to be ashamed of ourselves. I was so shocked and hurt that some random pakistani girl that i hadnt met before was judging me and spreading petty gossip just because my singke parentage made me a lower status than her.

I have a choice, yes. And i choose my family. Regardless of how the asiam society sees my mother, she still lives up to their ideals and expects us to conform. She's lead a crap life and i'm not going to make things worse.

I choose to agree to whatever my parents want and i'm a **** for doing so. I'm selfish and i let my emotions get in the way when making this choice but it's not a big deal. Worse things happen.

ReputationRep:
    They come in two forms either the Daddys girl or the mouthy slut, but both are equally horrible.

ReputationRep:
    Buttaz :yes:. Although there's this girl from practise I met the other day:love::daydreaming:. Oh wait, nah she's Lebanese :nah:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shygirl92)
    How?!?!

My parents are divorced. They are good people yet because my mum is a single mother she gets so tortured. When i met a close friend of mine at Uni her (pakistani) flatmate (who i had never met before and who i didn't know at all) told my friend lots of bull**** about how my family way bad and my dad had divorced my mum and so i must be a **** and slut (even though my mum divorced my dad) and that we ought to be ashamed of ourselves. I was so shocked and hurt that some random pakistani girl that i hadnt met before was judging me and spreading petty gossip just because my singke parentage made me a lower status than her.

I have a choice, yes. And i choose my family. Regardless of how the asiam society sees my mother, she still lives up to their ideals and expects us to conform. She's lead a crap life and i'm not going to make things worse.

I choose to agree to whatever my parents want and i'm a **** for doing so. I'm selfish and i let my emotions get in the way when making this choice but it's not a big deal. Worse things happen.
    awwwwww that's terrible, :console: How old are you? Im in the same situation, I used to have the EXACT same approach but I think I have a muchos different view now. Dont worry about the pakistani girl though, she's probably bored and narrow minded and had one too many gossip sessions with her aunties - people come and go; friends will show themselves to be as such and so if anyone was influenced by what she said, see it as a favour she did to you.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people attach stereotypes to races etc.

People keep saying they wouldn't date a Pakistani girl because they 'smell' but I'm sure many other people of different race smell as well.

As for dating a Pakistani, It would depend entirely on their personality (and obviously looks to some extent, I'm not gonna lie)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Sweet Science)
    Don't tell me your one of them rebellious Pakistani girls :facepalm:. Below is poem for thought especially for Pakistani girls like yourselves

Finding Love is a mission...
    Falling in Love is an Ambition
    So Just Follow the Pakistani tradition
    And marry your fathers decision

Please define rebellious. If by rebellious, you mean NOT worshipping your husband, then you are correct as any other girl (pakistani or not) would agree.. we dont marry our husbands to worship them; to keep them happy, yes, but to also expect that in return.. infact i think you'll find that now its become more the case of the husbands worshipping their wives, spoiling them, spending money, seeing to their every whim etc.

so good luck in finding your special someone You should really tell her before you marry her she'll need to worship you; that should give her reason to stay!

As for your poem, I'll just throw it right back at youu and replace the word father with mother :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    well ive noticed everytime a girl finds out a girls pakistani he assumes shes all drama and refuses to date her or be involved with her even as friends...like seriously not all girls are the same so i was wondering what people think on TSR?....
    Everytime a GIRL finds out a GIRL is Pakistani?
    Don't you mean a boy.......

Also, speaking from my point of view (I'm a girl btw) I tend to notice Pakistani girls are very pretty, with make up or without. (They usually put A LOT on though). They tend to stick together, haven't seen a lot talk to non Pakistanis tbh........

and some do tend to smell of food.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like them, they smell like poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missgeorgia)
    Please define rebellious. If by rebellious, you mean NOT worshipping your husband, then you are correct as any other girl (pakistani or not) would agree.. we dont marry our husbands to worship them; to keep them happy, yes, but to also expect that in return[B].. infact i think you'll find that now its become more the case of the husbands worshipping their wives, spoiling them, spending money, seeing to their every whim etc.
    so good luck in finding your special someone You should really tell her before you marry her she'll need to worship you; that should give her reason to stay!

As for your poem, I'll just throw it right back at youu and replace the word father with mother :P
    I'm only joking.

That's so true especially in todays world, men in general for some reason leave their cojones outside the door when they enter their house.

I will marry who i choose however that girl will definitely need my mothers blessing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    N16 brap
    lol you take z bus :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    pakistan girls are awesome from their outside.. inside i dont know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr.Sweet Science)
    It was a tongue in cheek comment :doh:

I was merely responding to the person who commented by saying Pakistanis and Indians are aesthetically similar when this couldn't be further from the truth. Having just searched Aishwariya Rai on google images let's just say she ain't pleasing to my eyes. My opinion still stand and i'm a pretty rational person or so i believe. Indians are a blessed with many things, great bunch of people who have a beautiful/rich culture, polite and hard-working but their folk surely aren't blessed with beauty. You along with others have a right to call me biased when saying 'Pakistani girls are incomparable to Indians in terms of beauty' but it is my opinion on the matter and honestly i don't think Indians are good-looking, period.

This is a common misconception and hopefully will disappear with time. As a Pakistani we are totally different to Indians from our culture, ethnicity, heritage etc I could go on but for time sake i rather not dwell on this topic. There was no such thing as the word 'India' to the people who had lived their, it was a word solely used by the British to name the land. The sub-continent contains a multitude of ethnicities as for Pakistan apart from Mohajirs who are of Indian descent the rest can hardly be linked with Indians at all. Three out of five of our provinces share no relation at all with Indians as two come from Iranic stock while the other contains a mix of those ethnicites along with those of central asian heritage.

Apologies for what may seem a lengthy reply, i truly appreciate you asking that question as most would honestly rather be ignorant of the differences and just lump both countries together.
    Aish...not pleasing to the eye....m'kay.

You may think indians aren't good looking, of course that it your opinion and your are entirely within your rights to say so. Doesn't make it scientific fact though :rolleyes:

But speaking empirically, firstly it's pretty damn difficult at times to tell the difference, secondly no Pakistanis are not somehow intrinsically more beautiful, we share a lot of the same backgrounds, after all we shared the same land mass for how many thousands of years?

Thirdly, you are quite clearly one of those indian hating paks, so whatever you say is going to have a massive bias slant, which is pretty tragic really, good day.

ReputationRep:
    if it's nazaneen ghaffar then yum yum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Uzzy?)
    Chup kar you! If someone smiled at me I wouldn't assume they were flirting!
    Yep - which is what you would assume! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shygirl92)
    my mum wouldn't hesitate in calling our contract killer, and we are a 'liberal' muslim family... its all in the culture and the general ****ed upness of the parents. Unfortunately mines are nutters.
    In regards to dating; Well, When I become a parent (God willing), I wouldnt want my daughter to be a sl*g. Which father/mother would?

Being quite conservative in my religion - I wouldn't like my daughter 'going out' with anyone (although it may be inpossible to fully prevent). I mean, i'm not very strict in terms of where she can can't go (chill out with friends etc...) but when it comes to relationships - there's no ifs and ands about it

ReputationRep:
    Downright sexy. The faint smell of curry just totally does it for me. :drool:

They have to wear a hijaab, though. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    Downright sexy. The faint smell of curry just totally does it for me. :drool:

They have to wear a hijaab, though. :yep:
    That smell does the opposite for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HumanNature1992)
    lol you take z bus :ahee:
    :hubba:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.