Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    Cause blackberries have better keypads.
    Really? I've used several blackberry's since my friends have them and I honestly can't type on them, I have pretty big hands being a guy but still find them awkward as ****.
    Seems to be a split in my group that the girls have blackberry or HTC phones and the guys have iPhones..

ReputationRep:
    Also I honestly thought that iPhones and android phones were the trend atm (and can definitely be seen by all the "android and iphone are better!" bunnies on this thread who are criticising people with a blackberry for jumping on a bandwagon). Maybe that's just because I live in London, but yeah, i know few people with blackberrys now.

I think they're all good phones, I just chose my blackberry when android wasn't as well-known and I can't afford an iphone.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sort of an anti comformist at times so hate following the crowd. So when everyone jumped on the 'bb hype' thing I bought an Iphone and always swore I would never get a blackberry instead.

1-2 years later and I now stand before you with my blackberry storm 2 I got like two weeks ago (atleast I bought the best one lol). The Iphone is alot better though the only attraction for a bb is blackberry messenger, it really does it make it alot easier to stay in contact with people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jus-mi)
    tbh i really wanted the BB storm2 i dunno why but i really wanted it.....plus my mum pays my phone bills on t-mobile so if i decided to go for the iphone i'd have to go with o2 because at the time they were one of the few who had decent tariffs with the iphone......however i love my BB and i don't think i could trade it for the world.....

I've had this phone for almost a year and i haven't had to sent it back for any problems unlike the curve and bold that every one has, where practically every1 i know has sent theirs back for repairs or whatever...
    I got this too a few weeks ago and although I think my old Iphone was better in a lot of thing I do love this phone!

Dont you just love the feeling of the touch screen when typing?!

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, texting when you have unlimited texts is just as good + iphone 4 is the s***

everyone has a BB , i bought a torch but it was crap so my iphone is coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uxa595)
    I dont get it, texting when you have unlimited texts is just as good + iphone 4 is the s***
    Yeah, but if you're bored you can just start chatting on BBM with whoever is "online" or just updated his status.
    An sms is more direct - you need to have something to say ...

And not everyone has unlimited texting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haloturk)
    When i was 12/13/14 it was quite good , this was pre facebook though
    I'm 17 now and never use msn ..BBm is the way forward

It most certainly is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p+i+n+k)
    what was yours?? I was "so cool " for having a phone (i was 3)
    LOL! Ah, I see-I posted a link of my first somewhere on this forum. It was a Samsung SGH-E250, I think-I get the numbers mixed up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleamingsun)
    Agree. Now I will leave, I have to chat with gf on msn.
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Escriba)
    LOL! Ah, I see-I posted a link of my first somewhere on this forum. It was a Samsung SGH-E250, I think-I get the numbers mixed up.
    yeah i saw it, i just had forgotten
    how old were you?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by JmJtr)
    I'm sort of an anti comformist at times so hate following the crowd. So when everyone jumped on the 'bb hype' thing I bought an Iphone and always swore I would never get a blackberry instead.

1-2 years later and I now stand before you with my blackberry storm 2 I got like two weeks ago (atleast I bought the best one lol). The Iphone is alot better though the only attraction for a bb is blackberry messenger, it really does it make it alot easier to stay in contact with people.
    This post is full of lol.

1. You hate following the crowd yet you bought an iPhone :facepalm2:
    2. You were stupid enough to buy a BB storm :facepalm2:
    3. You think the Storm is the best BB, it's quite frankly one of the worst phones released in the last few years. Total flop, RIM has abandoned it.

(Original post by JmJtr)
    I got this too a few weeks ago and although I think my old Iphone was better in a lot of thing I do love this phone!

Dont you just love the feeling of the touch screen when typing?!
    4. Yes on a GOOD touchscreen.

To close the Storm is a joke of a touchscreen phone, if you're going to go BB at least go to what they're good at, i.e. the Bold 9700.

ReputationRep:
    I've had about 5 requests to join facebook groups along the lines of 'bbm pins please' :sigh: No thanks, I'm sticking to my Sony Erricson...

What do you think about this phone battle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5vHEIcHR0

ReputationRep:

But to be fair it's pretty uncommon now to not have unlimited texts even on PAYG!

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a question of conforming - the Blackberry experience gets better the more of your friends that have one. Sure, there are other messaging platforms and I use whatsapp to communicate with some of the "iPhone Elite".

The HTC's are cool but the Desire was not out when I got my BB and the HD is simply too big. The iPhone 4 is also a brilliant phone, but it was in a whole price category above my Bold. Would have cost £17 a month more plus £89.00 for the phone. Couldn't justify it.

ReputationRep:
    ...They taste better than blueberries...
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by blueray)
    What do you think about this phone battle?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi5vHEIcHR0
    My phone boots up in 2 seconds :king1:

ReputationRep:
    **** knows. I'm saving up for an iPhone 4

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but if you're bored you can just start chatting on BBM with whoever is "online" or just updated his status.
    An sms is more direct - you need to have something to say ...

More of my friends have unlimited texts than have a blackberry. And you don't need something specific to say when you text someone. Me and my gf text each other random stuff all the time .

ReputationRep:
    God, it is irritating me though. They have only been around forever!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.