Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Confessions of a gamer: Your worst ethically questionable behaviour in computer games Watch

ReputationRep:
    In Crash Bandicoot 2, I jumped on the baby polar bear, making him squeak for what seemed like forever, to get all those lives

I was pretty sick to try that in the first place, I had no idea loads of lives would come out of him :p:

Probably the worst thing I've done...

ReputationRep:
    IN fable 2 got a huge gang of followers and took them to br scrafised

ReputationRep:
    In Tak and the power of the Juju (it was called something like that) I knocked a chicken down a waterfall.
    I then spent about 30 minutes rescuing him though, I felt bad...

In Red Dead Redemption I payed a nun to complete a sidequest then tied her to a train track, then when she was killed I looted my money back as well as all the money she'd earnt.

ReputationRep:
    In counter strike cz there is a map called fun matrix where its like a series on mini games and maps in one there is a glass floor! I just stand shoot the glass and watch em fall to their death!

On battle field one for the pc me and my friend would stick explosives to planes and helicopters and wait for our team to fly them away they detonate them

ReputationRep:
    Smashing people's pots and taking all their hard-earnt rupees in Zelda. <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    [*]I locked the butler in the freezer in Tomb Raider.
    I'm glad im not the only one. :ninja:

I also go on Modern Warfare 2 and trap my teammates in corners with the Riot shield. :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I feel so boring and unoriginal, I can't really think of any beyond the "usual" ones =P I am a very aggresive driver in racing games though. I will do anything I have to in order to win, including as much ramming as necessary

(Original post by mahaneap)
    In Rollercoaster Tycoon, I would build a ride then put a hole or a lake right outside the exit, so the people would fall in and get trapped or drown.

I'd also deliberately build rollercoasters that would crash, and kill a train load of people.
    Haha, speaking of which, I used to charge low entrance fees then set it up so that in order to leave you had you ride a really rubbish rollercoaster that cost loads of money

ReputationRep:
    using the "3rd person camera" (upon having died) in CSS to stare at the figures in various perverse positions...yes they're men but it's intriguing.

oh yea and shooting the dead corpses in the *******s...and laughing at how everything remains intact with a minor red patch over the area in question!

ReputationRep:
    Get turned out when the sims woo hoo. :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    definitely rollercoaster world 2

cranked the people up 300ft in the air, accelerated them to 80mph, set up the cameras and stopped building the track so everrrybody got their picture taken as they were fired 300ft to their deaths

ReputationRep:
    In BF2:

Sit far behind your own lines as a sniper and shoot close to the snipers on your team/other classes lying down, making them jump up and run around, which in turn gets them spotted by the enemy which gets them shot by enemy snipers ^^.

When fighting for first place: reanimate medics last (you don't want them to steal your points), and don't reanimate anyone who is above you in the leaderboard.

Many many more BF2 things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    :five:

:teehee:
    The tray rattling and him grunting are so funny. :rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    I might of accidentally used my grappling hook in Just Cause 2, and hung an enemy off a ceiling, and shot them. :'(

ReputationRep:
    Have sex with a prostitute then knife her to death to claim back my money.

Ingame: nothing

ReputationRep:
    All of the above. Age of empires 2, recreating the plague with lots of peasants and the delete key.

ReputationRep:
    GTA:
    • Waiting for someone to try and steal my car then hacking them to bits with a chainsaw.
    • Killing a few civilians and lying in wait for the ambulance to arrive, then shooting the paramedics. Then waiting for the next ambulance to arrive, rinse and repeat.
    • Playing with a beach ball on the beach and murdering anyone it hits.
    • Laying a load of oil slicks on the road to watch the ensuing traffic chaos. And maybe stealing a nice car that gets caught in it.

Age of Empires:
    • Converting a villager then just making them carry on with what they were doing before (chopping wood etc) until someone notices they are now wearing a different colour loincloth and kills them.
    • Using the E=MC2 code and blasting every other side's unit and building apart from one villager, then watching what they do.
    • Creating a map with loads of lions then using the "control the animals" code to switch over and wage war on humans with them.

Sims:
    • Making Sims I don't like exercise until they are exhausted. Or once I made a stupid kid read until he died. That was quite funny.
    • Make a kitchen with loads of windows and burning the mother to death while the husband/kids look on from outside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beneb)
    An ancient game: Star Wars - The Phantom Menace. On the Tatooine level...well, I...I killed them all. And not just the men. But the women! And the children too! (Skip to 3:10 in the video.)

I believe I composed some theme music for this delightful carnage.
    !! I used to spend days doing that. Just put on the invincibility cheat and away yo go...

ReputationRep:
    Killed a few random people in GTA.
    Also punched a few hookers and took their money. .

Killed random soldiers in God of war for extra points. I could have saved them, but meh

ReputationRep:
    I shot an NPC in Rivet City, just to watch him die

ReputationRep:
    In CoD, probs MW2, I remember sneaking up behind an enemy and putting my gun right to his head :coma: One Shot Kill BAM. I hope he enjoyed that on the killcam. Is that ethically unacceptable ?

Also you're not meant to kill civilians in the other mode thingy and I decided to shoot them (I don't normally play that mode humm)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 9, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.