Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missodedra)
    Hey all,

Ring up and ask them over the phone, I rang Dee and she told me that I hadnt got through over the phone.

Not too sure what to do with my life at the moment!

But good luck to the rest of you

xx
    CANT BELIEVE I MISSED THIS POST!!!!

Sorry you didnt get it, have you anywhere else in mind?

Too late to ring tonight, think I'll wait till friday morning and then if nothing appeared on track I'll ring eeekk!!

ReputationRep:
    Missodedra : Sorry you didnt get on. I'll call in the morning, thanks!

Unimpressed: I totally agree with you. However majority of universities have not been in this situation before. I would rather be in the situation we are now than my friend who was told by BGU in Lincoln (where im currently studying) that she had a place for a PGCE. They went with the figure of 5 places that they had this year. Sadly, they only have 3 places. She was initially told that she had a place on the condition of figures - then told she hadnt got a place.
    When I went for my interview on thursday the tutors said they had only received the figures and were struggling to make the right decision by everyone! I believe that alot of the bigger universities have taken the same stance as trent in terms of finding their figures. So there's still a chance with the second choices.
    As frustrating as the whole situation is, I really do think they will have informed us by the end of the week!

ReputationRep:
    @ Emlou: thats awful for your poor friend, so I suppose in one way while we're waiting there is hope! My second choice is Lincoln , but for the flexi PGCE not sure if there are places left or not.

ReputationRep:
    is anyone else at the point that they are now happy with not finding out...just incase its a no!!!

although im actually going crazy not knowing lol

ReputationRep:
    im calling in the morning, i think its complete *******s that they didn't let those know who weren't successful, i know its not easy for them but surely whilst doing the interviews they would know who they are interested..grrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Hi All

I was also at the interview at Trent middle of January so haven't been waiting too long, but still been going mad checking emails and GTTR.
    However a couple of weeks ago when I thought that the Government figures were going to be really bad I made the decision to start on a Level 2 Supporting Teaching part time course (which is what most Teaching Assts start with).
    I'm a mature Graduate so not waiting to complete my degree. I was made redundant from a Manufacturing job in November just in time to apply for the PGCE.
    But starting on this part time course was one of the best things I did, already I've learnt so much about Child Development. I've got a really good placement (2 days a week) in a lovely school that everyone is friendly. There are a lot of children who need so much help but everyone really tries hard.

So I would say don't be too upset if the decision is NO there are options out there that may not seem as exciting as a PGCE but they are a good first step on the Teaching Ladder.

Meanwhile I will check GTTR for the twentieth time today. Monday when I really thought we were going to find out my first check was 6.30am.

Nick

ReputationRep:
    I was told by a girl in admissions that they weren't allowed to tell us either way over the phone til Friday?! :-s

ReputationRep:
    @ Nick, your post made me laugh! I actually checked track at 2am the other morning because I couldnt get back to sleep after a PGCE related dream, I thought maybe it would have magically updated overnight!
    Your course sounds really good and at least you know your doing something positive that will stand you in good stead whatever the decision. I'm already a HLTA teaching assistant and have been in school for 17 years (god that makes me feel old!) so if I dont get it I must need to work on my interview technique.
    Which of the January interviews were you on? I did Tues 11th.

ReputationRep:
    Vegchick dont think admissions really get to knw the ins and outs of it all where as if you phone Dee she is the one that actually handles the PGCE admin. She was the one that you had to collect your documents from.

ReputationRep:
    Hi MrsHorsy

No my interview was on the 12th Jan in the morning.

Felt interview went well, froze a bit when shown the dark room concept I didn't understand what she was asking me. If she had said explain dark and light I would have been straight there, but the idea of cats eyes came to me, but this wasn't what she wanted (by her expression).

Also I thought they wanted more Male mature Primary teachers !!!

To me Nottm. Trent seem to want highly qualified academics (who can create 20,000 word essays) instead of people with real experience of children (first hand).

But still waiting for decision, at least with me being at school Wednesdays and Thursday I cannot spend all those days of the week checking GTTR

Nick

ReputationRep:
    So ladies and Gents
    anyone gonna be brave enough to ring Dee and find out their fate?

ReputationRep:
    another day of waiting, i had my interview on the 2nd of novemeber which was the first set of interviews so i feel like i have beeeeen waiting a very long time. i thought my interview went really well but still expecting the worst, best way i believe. I know i have everything going for me but who knows right.

anyone phoning up today?

greg

ReputationRep:
    i emailed her last night, don't know when she starts work but i think if i hear no reply by half 10 im going to call and find out, just mental that they know but haven't uploaded it

ReputationRep:
    they should be looking for younger people as they will have more energy and teaching will be exactly what they want to do, not someone whose been made redundant later on in life and have decided to give teaching a pop. and i don't mean to offend, everyone should stand a chance but i think its unfair on the younger ones as they need to start their career, the sooner the better i think, they will be in teaching for longer than the older ones.

im male, mid twenties, musician, football coach qualified, i even like children and have some experience, but i know i still wont get in

ReputationRep:
    just phoned...no answer...ARGH!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    just rang up...didnt get in. dee said that if you ring they will tell you.

ReputationRep:
    @Katie I had my interview in the morning, what about you?

@Greg What makes you think they arent looking for younger people? Personally I think it shouldnt be about filling any specific age quotas but each person should be judged as an individual. Over the years of working in my school I've seen a lot of truly dreadful students and
    a lot of the time you just think how on earth did they get on the course in the first place and that makes me mad as I think after 17 years of experience (and I'm not that old at 34) I deserve a place !!! LOL!
    But then most people going for it must think they deserve a place or they wouldn't go for the interview in the first place!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 5arah)
    just rang up...didnt get in. dee said that if you ring they will tell you.
    Sorry to hear that Sarah do you have another choice to move on to?
    I did tell myself that if one more person rang and then posted on here I would ring but now I'm too scared!

ReputationRep:
    true, im not saying all young peep are awesome and tip top, but obviously its a little unfair on those who want to start there career having competition from those who have been made redundant from there careers, but then thats not there fault, its the bloody governments fault.

17 years of experience, jesus they will snap you up, out of curiosity how cone you've decided now to become a teacher? have you applied before?

ReputationRep:
    just phoned, didn't get on, so thats ****

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.