Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are you really British ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got 18, but some of those questions are just silly.

ReputationRep:
    17/24 - failed by one, it seems. But then again, I am NOT brittish XD

How ridiculous are the other tests, I don't comprehend how knowing the amount of Indian people in Britain can define one as British.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manitude)
      That's exactly like saying "what's the highest number between 1 and 10, after 6?"
      Very very poorly worded question, not my interpretation.
      Given that the majority of people taking the test for real aren't native english speakers you'd think they'd make an effort to not make the questions ambiguous/crap.
      After; as in 'behind in place or position', using a numerical situation with a range, isn't a fair comparison at all.

Overall the test was poorly worded and grammatically incorrect at times, but that question wasn't one of them. Perhaps that question was intended to 'trip up' respondents; one would hope that if it were a real test, respondents would check and double check all of the questions and answers, there are 45minutes after all. (I'm not in anyway implying that this is a good replica of the real thing though)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Expendable)
      20/24

I lol'd at this;
      "What does an MP do?
      Meets other MPs to talk about the good old days"
      Did you quote me? :confused:

ReputationRep:
      im irish

and i got 21/24 (87 %)

scary !!

ReputationRep:
      21/24... Tbh most of the answers were captain obvious.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rlw31)
      After; as in 'behind in place or position', using a numerical situation with a range, isn't a fair comparison at all.

Overall the test was poorly worded and grammatically incorrect at times, but that question wasn't one of them. Perhaps that question was intended to 'trip up' respondents; one would hope that if it were a real test, respondents would check and double check all of the questions and answers, there are 45minutes after all. (I'm not in anyway implying that this is a good replica of the real thing though)
      Given that "size" is a numerical value, I think my comparison was quite appropriate.

I'll agree with the second paragraph there though.

ReputationRep:
      I don't really know what this test is trying to establish. im 100% British throughout my family and I got 16/24. If the test was for people coming into 'general knowledge' employment (whatever that is), then I could understand. It should identify what the purpose of coming to the UK is and their past etc.

Hope they don't kick me out!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sandys1000)
      Did you quote me? :confused:
      Nope

ReputationRep:
      17/24
      tbh some of those questions were odd.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Psyk)
      If you look at some of the other tests on there as well you can see there is some shockingly poor English on them. No way are those questions actually used on any official tests.
      Exactly what I was thinking when I took it. "None UK citizens can vote and hold a British passport"

ReputationRep:
      Well, apparently I'm not British

ReputationRep:
      45 f*cking minutes?

ReputationRep:
      15. I fail at my country

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by DJkG.1)
      22/24 - and I'm not even a citizen lol.

But I disagree with this one (as an over-enthusiastic law student blatantly):

No laws passed by the Parliament can be challenged by any British court --- I sensed the 'right' answer would be 'true' but I chose 'false' due to some recent cases which call that into question (and overturn that principle really). Though they gave me a cross on the test! They should avoid objectionable questions tbh.
      :ditto:

I got 18/24.

ReputationRep:
      19/24
      That test is ridiculous though as I know many people who are 100% British who would fail it miserably.

ReputationRep:
      18/24

ReputationRep:
      19/24 (79 %)
      You have PASSED the Test

ReputationRep:
      Half asleep, kidding around and I get 13/24 lol

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.