Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Did you cry when Princess Diana died? Watch

• View Poll Results: Did you cry when Princess Diana died?
    Yes
    3.40%
    No
    34.04%
    I was too young to care or remember.
    59.57%
    who is Princess Diana?! :eyeball:
    2.98%

ReputationRep:
    I dont know, I was shocked and a bit sad but even at the time when I was about 14, I thought that she shouldnt of got anywhere as much media attention and why ruin peoples days or weeks when why should we care.

Added to the fact that I found the public to be hypocrites, the papers only days before were criticising her about her life etc, then as soon as she died were acting as if she was a saint!

Far more important and hard working, more charitable and have done so much more for people have died and never got any media attention so why should she jsut because of her family.

ReputationRep:
    I was exactly 7 years old and I guess I didn't understand it all that much.

I think I was just annoyed that all that was on was the news talking about it meaning I couldn't watch my favourite morning kids shows on my birthday.

ReputationRep:
    why the hell would i cry, i didnt know her?

So no i didnt cry

ReputationRep:
    So what if Diana died? Thousands of people die from poverty every day. The former was born into a rich, upper-class, easy lifestyle whilst the latter were born into the harshest lifestyles on the planet. I don't shed a tear for either - but the latter do, evidently, deserve it much more than some royalist.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought her original name was Anna, then when she died people started calling her Die-Anna. It's strange that this isn't actually the case.

ReputationRep:
    I don't really remember it happening. None of my family seemed that bothered though so I don't think it impacted on me that much. I vaguely remember all the fuss about it, but to me, she was just another celebrity. It's sad when someone dies, of course, but that doesn't mean the whole country should go overboard into mourning.

ReputationRep:
    My mum cried. Then yelled at me for running around in front of the telly and fighting with my brother when her funeral was on.

I was about 10, I just really wasn't that bothered, I was more interested in other things! Not sure what it was exactly, but I guess something to do with music or make up or something. Meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    Alrite son, we wanted a yes or no not your life story.
    great post

ReputationRep:
    I didn't cry, I was a florist back then so it was the best day of my life

But seriously though, by the time I got to my Sunday league football match that morning, the jokes were already circulating. e.g.

Why did Princess Diana cross the road?
    Because she wasn't wearing her seatbelt.

Or (said to a girl) You have the face of a princess... shame it's Diana's.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.