Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you shower in the evening or morning? Watch

• View Poll Results: Do you usually shower in the evening or in the morning?
    Evening
    45.26%
    Morning
    54.74%

ReputationRep:
    Always in the evening, lest I should wake anybody up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lesha2010)
    I agree. Someone tried to tell me a shower every two days was more than enough I was like :eek:
    And those who don't shower after a night out, like I know your tired but do you really feel comfortable jumping in bed all sweaty n **** ha!!!
    Oh my goodness! How can people shower once every two days??!!! Ridiculous! I can usually tell the type of people who have just rolled out of bed and not showered so I keep my distance from them.

Yeah exactly! Goodness knows howmuch bacteria and germs one picks on a night out, clubs and bars certainly look flashy and glitzy but I doubt they are clean. It's also inevitable that if one drinks on a night out, they will have to use the loo at some point. I wouldn't feel comfortable getting into bed after having used a public toilet :eek:. I still lay toilet paper on the seat when I use the loo but then it's not really assurance that I wouldn't have picked any germs from the seat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placebo24)
    Personally if I shower at night my hair becomes completely unmanageable Just goes super puffy. Also, it would make my hair all horrible much earlier!
    I'm the opposite. If I wash my hair in the morning, it goes really... well, 'fluffy' as my fiance calls it :rolleyes: I need the night to get my hair to settle back down again. So yeah, shower at night for me. I want to spend as much time as possible in bed in the morning anyway lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lesha2010)
    I agree. Someone tried to tell me a shower every two days was more than enough I was like :eek:
    And those who don't shower after a night out, like I know your tired but do you really feel comfortable jumping in bed all sweaty n **** ha!!!
    Did you notice that person showers only once every 2 days before they told you? If not then why does it make a difference to you..?

ReputationRep:
    I shower mostly in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    im a morning shower person but i will do a evening shower if i need to if im going out like or something ....

i just like a shower in the morning wakes you up like

ReputationRep:
    Evening. My hair dries during the night and goes nice and wavy.

ReputationRep:
    Generally, I shower in the evening. And for pretty much the same reasons.

ReputationRep:
    It varies.

ReputationRep:
    I shower in the morning.

The reasoning behind it: it's the way I was brought up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liam 09)
    Pwahahahahaha, how about you just google it, its just well known that most sweat up to a few litres overnight, and I'm not saying you wake up soaked..
    Thanks for the unecesary rudeness.
    Thanks for the unnecessary sarcasm.
    loooooooooooooool

And no, I can't find the figures. Probably just google-challenged. Can you link me to the paper plz.

ReputationRep:
    Morning normally (although if i have to be up early for Uni etc then evening.)

ReputationRep:
    Usually evenings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealOG)
    My arguments for showering in the evening:
    1) It takes so much effort to wake up extra early to have a shower before school. This way I get more sleep

2) There is nothing more relaxing than having a nice hot shower in the evening after a hard day's work

3) I don't want to go to bed all sweaty and dirty after being outside all day, I want to go to bed clean and refreshed. Otherwise my bed sheets will get dirty and unhygienic

4) I hardly sweat in my sleep, going to school without showering in the morning makes no difference to the way I smell/look, and if it did the deodorant is backup.

What about you guys? And what are your arguments?
    Snap! If I need to wake myself up in the morning, just washing my face does the trick. Far to much effort to have a shower in the morning. I'd rather spend that time sleeping!

ReputationRep:
    Evening. I always thought it was the norm to shower in the morning though, for some reason.

ReputationRep:
    Evening. I do like showers in the morning but I just can't go to bed feeling icky.

ReputationRep:
    Usually in the morning, however sometimes I have to work the 7am shift at work, which already means waking up at 5:45 - screw getting up any earlier than that! SO in those cases I shower the night before. I often shower the night before if I have a 9am as well, but sometimes I will just get up a bit earlier if I want to feel super refreshed. I really don't do mornings in general, tbh

Evenings for convenience. But I do much prefer morning showers which wake you up and make you feel fresh (especially with our shower being freezing in the mornings atm!)

ReputationRep:
      I shower in the morning if I'm going out, but usually I shower in the evening before I go to sleep.

ReputationRep:
      I'd shower in the morning, well thats if our house had a shower!!.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.