Turn on thread page Beta

KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Those of you who passed, approximately how many questions did you answer on each test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FoSho')
    Those of you who passed, approximately how many questions did you answer on each test?
    Verbal-all
    Numerical-12 and guessed a few

ReputationRep:
    Verbal 34
    Numerical 8

ReputationRep:
    Did my numerical test earlier... How long did you guys wait for your results, or when should I expect to get mine... SOooooo nervous D:

ReputationRep:
    Verbal - all, very rushed all of them, eyes on the time the entire time, couldn't really conentrate at all.
    Numerical, 8/9 sticking random answers in for any that looked hard and moved on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChappersBC)
    Did my numerical test earlier... How long did you guys wait for your results, or when should I expect to get mine... SOooooo nervous D:
    Did mine at 4pm yesterday, email came through 10am this morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glen_Nichols)
    Did mine at 4pm yesterday, email came through 10am this morning!
    I did mine bout 4pm today... That means there's a good possibilty ill get it by 12 tomorrow D: OMG D: D: I think I messed up the verbal big time, i found it stupidly hard Though I found the numerical really quite easy. D:

ReputationRep:
    Verbal- all
    Numerical - 14

ReputationRep:
    Gahhh I really need to do mine soon. Sat down to do it so many times and then decided not to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thorne1992)
    Just struggled on the tests, but hopefully so did everyone else. Has anyone else applied who is currently on a gap year? What universities are people if they dont get on to the scheme?

Also, could anyone let me know, if qualifying as an accountant, would restrict someone from entering other financial service careers, such as private banking? would it be more worthwhile just studying economics?

Good luck everyone!
    i applied, got an unconditional at manchester.

also qualifying as an accountant opens up many streams in terms of careers.

ReputationRep:
    Omg. Failed them. I guessed in the end for the numerical ones.

ReputationRep:
    Don't guess, they're looking for accuracy. I.E 10 right 10 not attempted is better than 12 right 8 wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Don't guess, they're looking for accuracy. I.E 10 right 10 not attempted is better than 12 right 8 wrong.
    I know its bad. I managed to do 11 but didnt know if it was better to guess. But I just got an email that I passed!

Can yoi ask them for feedback on your score?

ReputationRep:
    They sent me an email saying they are considering my application and will be back to me in a few days or something like that... Does that mean i was borderline and they are waiting for other results? Is this a good thing? Bad? D: Better than a no I suppose. I reckon I did bad on the verbal reasoning...

ReputationRep:
    You can find your results out iuw!
    Look at your application and click on academic references - App Form
    Then scroll down allll the way!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliWright)
    You can find your results out iuw!
    Look at your application and click on academic references - App Form
    Then scroll down allll the way!
    What were your results

ReputationRep:
    quick question, i'm thinking about applying for this, wish i'd done it earlier, but as i'm off school atm, how does the academic reference work does it only get processed ie to the assessment stage once they have received your reference?

ReputationRep:
    Do you think so? I had guessed any questions that looked hard and answered any I could.

(Original post by ChappersBC)
    What were your results
    68/39 percentiles (numerical/verbal)
    Doesn't sound too good! Passed both nevertheless

ReputationRep:
    Numerical-60
    Verbal-88
    (percentiles) I take it thats quite good

ReputationRep:
    Ah, Found them. N - 80/ V- 61

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.