Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
autodidact
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We're not mate, and I say this as an attractive British guy. Overall though we're in the bottom tier of countries in Europe. Still, we fair better than our ladyfolk in the international comparisons.
roryq
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gigglybum)
i find a lot of irish men attractive. then again in my opinion they not really british :s
Not really British!?!

Il thank you to note we are not British at all. :borat:
Mr. Orange
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rofflewaffle)

:coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma: :coma:.
modified the pic for you

gm15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cynthi007)
1.) could be changed

2.) hopefully not all of them. do not destroy my ideal of the classy British.

3.) really? I have never recognised that when I was in Hastings. They are ok. Some of them are a bit chubby, ok. But fat?? :confused:

4.) you can always foster a man. and if not I will force them. :P

5.) I hate cheasy romantic stuff

6.) I recognised it. very hard to catch somebody because they never recognise you are interested in them, or they just don´t care. maybe they are afraid of self confident women taking the initiative. but they are always polite if you ask them for the way to the next station etc. I really appreciated that.

7.) they are not that talkative in general. why not? don´t they have good ideas or interesting things to say or to discuss??

8.) I don´t like freckles that much. makes them look like teenagers or tourists.

9.) sun burn

10.) they are seldom honest. you can´t just ask them straight forward what they think of you. they will never tell you the truth in that situation. they would rather say nothing or change to weather talking.

11.) extreme views. the people I have met tend to take only one position without thinkig about something different. and you can´t tell them that they are wrong.

but still very nice to me.
Well I don't know about all those numbers but
Clotheswise I'd like to think I'm somewhere in the middle
Drink: I'm no binge drinker. I don't drink most of the time
Fat: Not fat.
Romantic stuff: you'll never catch me seranading a girl (mainly because i can't sing)but I'm a hopeless romantic inside
Freckle free. Pale enough I look really english but not sickly pale

Anyway nice to see at least one person (for the most part) defending british men. I'm mostly british and a tiny part german

(ok that probably came accross as really weird )

On thread: no on average we aren't the most attractive in the whole wide world but we could be worse
teracottawarrior
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
Forgive my ignorance, but what exactly is the difference between an English, Scottish and Irish person, in terms of appearance?

Spoiler:
Show
its not about appearance……. irish accents
i'm not british btw (asian girl here)
rofflewaffle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr. Orange)
modified the pic for you

Definite improvement. On behalf of Britain, I thank you.
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Allie-23)
ahh. I am about an hour south of that. be very wary of crime there, because crime rates are high. Concerts in NYC can be very expensive, but they are fun even with lawn seats (which are cheap) if you can get tickets somewhere in jersey city. You should go to the shore at leats once while you are here. I am not going to recomend beaches near me because i am sure you will be able to find some near where you are staying, but AVOID SEASIDE i am pretty sure they are taping another season of Jersey Shore this summer, so the crowds are going to be huge again, and seaside in general attracts a bad crowd of people. While you are here you MUST eat at least one slice of pizza and one bagel. Best in the country =) <3

Not much else I can say about jersey. It is fairly boring. But in NYC, visit the statue of liberty (book tickets online to double check they are open and avoid long lines), walk through the meat packing district, (its just interesting), and visit rockefeller plaza because thats kinda cool. Check to see if the empire state building has tour when you are there. Also, visit the wax museam. If you can get affordable tickets to a broadway show you should do that too.

food:
serendipity - long lines but it is worth it for the deserts
italian - most italian resturants are good so try one
dining is very expensive in fancy resturants. I say avoid it and go to cheaper places. I recomend you try some standard american chains while you are here like the cheesecake factory and houlihans which should be in jersey city and nyc. Carrabas is Italian and that is good too, also macaroni Grill.
don't eat off of the carts on the streets unless the food is prepackaged because that is gross and you don't know what the people ahev done with it.

* don't jokingly ask an american out 2 mcdonalds because u may get slapped. its not funny. =)

but anyway have fun and feel free to msg me with any questions!!

* also if you want to do any clothing shopping do that in nj because there is no tax on clothing here, but there is in ny
That was a really interesting post.

I want to go now.

Spoiler:
Show
maybe I could take you to mcdonalds :ninja:
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
AVOID SEASIDE i am pretty sure they are taping another season of Jersey Shore this summer
Yeah in Italia not NJ....
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
No, Irish men are what it's at.
Where*
mathew551
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
China men are the most attractive. That's why British men made up the Chinese men have small dicks propaganda to make themselves feel better. While British men are boasting about their **** size, China men are ******* your women.
I laughed out loud.
Poem boy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Having read all most of the posts in the thread, it seems that Brits in general suffer from a serious lack of confidence in their own country. I find this strange since the UK is a country that has contributed so much to the world (good and bad). However for a relatively small island in the North Sea, its relative soft and hard power is immense. Britain's cultural influence in the world is probably second only to the USA and this fact alone makes British men very attractive on the world scene. They may not be the most physically good looking in the world but I would argue this is less important to women when deciding who is an attractive man. Chav's aside and looking at university educated men in the UK, I think they are amongst the global cream of the crop.

One thing that has been apparent from this thread is the self loathing and very open lack of confidence that Brits seem to display openly. Very bizarre coming from one of the 'Premier League' countries of the world, I would understand this coming from a place like Moldova, Afghanistan, Uzbekistan or some other no hoper nation but not a country like Britain. We in Switzerland have a lot of respect for so much of what Britain has contributed to Europe and the world, for example I am using TSR and not another student room is because the UK has a first class higher education system.

Plus London is a shining beacon to the rest of the world of how a true cosmopolitan society can operate. No other city displays such ethnic harmony (including New York). This is something the Swiss struggle to achieve and is becoming a very important attribute in the increasingly globalised world. I believe London truly is the capital of the world.

British women on the other hand, are not so much good looking.
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrislpp)
Irish men are the most attractive, not just about looks though, i can open the gates to the pelvic regions of any female just with my voice.
^^^ this is true. :sexface: if you really want to exploit this then go to america

in my quest for a devoutly catholic yet unusually hotttt husband i have found myself in the past fortnight drawn to irish dudes.

they do indeed have a hot voice and also hot dark hair. the only not so hott thing they drink too much and dont like spicy foods or large busted latina women
shinytoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mathew551)
I laughed out loud.
:rofl: so did i.

i find chinese dudes moderately hott, but you only ever see them with chinese girls and chinese friends so i would imagine they dont date inter-racially that much
Miza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shinytoy)
:rofl: so did i.

i find chinese dudes moderately hott, but you only ever see them with chinese girls and chinese friends so i would imagine they dont date inter-racially that much
They do, just not with ugly british girls
Allie-23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Potiron)
That was a really interesting post.

I want to go now.

Spoiler:
Show
maybe I could take you to mcdonalds :ninja:
omg my favorite resturant! lets go!!!
Allie-23
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tehFrance)
Yeah in Italia not NJ....
? sorry, i dont understand . . .
Anonymous #4
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Miza)
They do, just not with ugly british girls
Don't forget in a few years it will be Chinese men with all the money. They'll be stealing our womenfolk like there's no tomorrow. And it is well established that there is actually no racial correlation to manhood size.

Be afraid Englishmen, be very afraid.
tehFrance
Report 7 years ago
? sorry, i dont understand . . .
They are filming in Italy (Italia) not New Jersey (NJ)....
chestbrah123
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No offense, but on average they are quite ugly. No homos.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads