The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA Freshers 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by r_mar
You're not! I've firmed UEA and I'm from Lowestoft, just 45 minutes away.

I live in WALES! Everyone better not be going home at the weekends and leaving me alone :wink:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by pigwigeon
I like the course. It's very heavily weighted towards social psychology, which is good if you like that kind of thing. I think they ease you in gently, so the biological/cognitive stuff's all in the second semester. The lecturers are great, I don't fall asleep in (many) lectures. The workload's fine. I think with psychology, you don't have as many lectures/seminars as some of the other subjects, but you're expected to do a lot of extra reading. I don't do as much as I should (maybe an hour or so a day to keep up with the lectures), but I've been getting firsts and high 2:1s in everything, so I don't think doing loads is really that necessary in first year. The timetable is awesome. I'm envied by my flatmates because I've got Wednesdays and Fridays off (the main nights out in the week are Tuesdays and Thursdays), and have next year as well. It's almost as if they want me to drink. As for the uni, I've probably gone on about this too much, but it's awesome. I don't think anyone I know that's here has much of a bad word to say about it. I love it.

Wow! Way to sell! It really does sounds great :smile:
UEA Firmed for MChem Chemistry with a Year in Industry. :biggrin:
Reply 123
HELLOOOO (:
American Studies kid here, firmed last week - in the words of Rebecca Black 'SO EXCITED!'
I originally firmed Warwick because everyone was going on about the prestige etc, but so many things kept popping up in my brain about how much I loved UEA the two times I visited - called up UCAS and changed my mind!
... Was nothing to do with hearing about how UEA had a Harry Potter club night the other week ...
Original post by Panda:)
HELLOOOO (:
American Studies kid here, firmed last week - in the words of Rebecca Black 'SO EXCITED!'
I originally firmed Warwick because everyone was going on about the prestige etc, but so many things kept popping up in my brain about how much I loved UEA the two times I visited - called up UCAS and changed my mind!
... Was nothing to do with hearing about how UEA had a Harry Potter club night the other week ...

Wooooo, yay for choosing a friendly uni in a nice student city with the Harry Potter club night :tongue:
Original post by Panda:)
HELLOOOO (:

Awesome! You won't regret it, I'm sure! My friends who go to Warwick seem to find it rather stifling... and UEA has a lake and a Spanish steps esque meeting place! :awesome:

After watching A Very Potter Musical (HIGHLY recommend it- it's hilarious), I think I'd got to a HP party as Bellatrix LeStrange!
Reply 126
I got an offer as well for Biological and Medical Chemistry
Hope I can get the grade I need
Hey, any UEA drama freshers need any help or advice message me, I'm a first year so was in your position this time last year
Reply 128
Original post by dreamofaninsomniac
I live in WALES! Everyone better not be going home at the weekends and leaving me alone :wink:

I live in Bath, thats ages away. Even if they do, you will have me.
Reply 129
Me me me me me I'm going!! :biggrin:
Can't wait!
Reply 130
Original post by jelly1000
x

Hi, I thought I'd just quote you because (my grades permitting) we're going to be on the same course in September and I wanted to say helloooo :smile:
fingers and toes crossed I will be an american lit and creative writing fresher in September...!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Hazular
Hi, I thought I'd just quote you because (my grades permitting) we're going to be on the same course in September and I wanted to say helloooo :smile:

I think I saw you before on a different thread but assumed you'd be firming UCL. Nice of you to join us here :biggrin: Out of curiosity what made you firm UEA over UCL?
Original post by Emily-claire
I live in Bath, thats ages away. Even if they do, you will have me.

This made me happy :smile: x
Hi, does anyone do maths at UEA? What is the department like? All i know is that its fairly small but that can be a good thing right?
Reply 135
Firmed UEA for English and American Literature, just need the grades!
Reply 136
Original post by jelly1000
I think I saw you before on a different thread but assumed you'd be firming UCL. Nice of you to join us here :biggrin: Out of curiosity what made you firm UEA over UCL?

Yeah, everyone's been really shocked when I've told them I didn't firm a UCL offer! :P To be honest, I really wanted to go there for like 4/5 years, but when I was invited for interview and whatnot, I just didn't like it. Didn't really connect with the teachers, didn't like the facilities and all that...

Whereas, when I went to UEA, I just fell in love with it. The teachers seemed awesome, the place was really nice and I got proper into my subject taster :biggrin:

I know UCL's better academically but I just think I'd like it more at UEA.
Original post by Hazular
Yeah, everyone's been really shocked when I've told them I didn't firm a UCL offer! :P To be honest, I really wanted to go there for like 4/5 years, but when I was invited for interview and whatnot, I just didn't like it. Didn't really connect with the teachers, didn't like the facilities and all that...

Whereas, when I went to UEA, I just fell in love with it. The teachers seemed awesome, the place was really nice and I got proper into my subject taster :biggrin:

I know UCL's better academically but I just think I'd like it more at UEA.

I'm completely in your boat, I'm thinking of firming UEA instead of York, despite protests from my friends :tongue:
Why is UEA so underrated!
Original post by High As A Kite
Why is UEA so underrated!

Not sure why, but I don't think it helps that the name doesn't tell you exactly where the uni is, in the same way Leeds, Birmingham, Sheffield, York, Manchester and Liverpool do. So unless your bothered to look it up you don't know, and a lot of people it seems go for unis based on places they know of. Being named after a particular city is an almost self promotion. I don't know about you but when I think of Leeds or Birmingham I think of the uni as well as the city. Where as even my Dad has asked me several times now whether UEA is in Ipswich or Norwich.
Also Norwich is tucked away and is only really easy to get to from London, Essex, Suffolk or Norfolk. Coming from anywhere else you have to change trains.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending