?
Report 7 years ago
Vids has previous of this: -

badger-man
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yet again, another awful display from Premier League officials. I thought we were supposed to have the best officials in the world? Chris Foy needs to learn that he's NOT a footballer and the linesman needs to go back to school and learn the difference between a hand and a head.

On our performance: Alright performance. Good possession. A bit shaky at the back once or twice. Final ball isn't good enough at the moment, but that's mainly due to Man Utd's defending.
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Foy is having a blinder :teeth:
Theconomist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by neillya1)
Linesmen are trained to do this job remember. They know what to look for/where to look etc. If I can see it on a TV camera stationed further away than the linesman is, then he has no excuse.

He's having a really poor game

I always feel for refs when they do, because they don't do it on purpose, but his decision making has been pretty crap (and that's on both sides - Vidic incidents/Rooney incident as well as Wilshere holding down Carrick and not being booked).

Finally someone reasonable.
Tommyjw
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Linesmen are trained to do this job remember. They know what to look for/where to look etc. If I can see it on a TV camera stationed further away than the linesman is, then he has no excuse.
Training does not mean a normal human being can spot something 30 yards away, which players close couldnt.. the ball did not change direction or pace at all, it glanced his finger tips :facepalm:

I'm not saying it doesn't count as a hand ball, but you seem tot hink the linesman is some god who can zoom in with his eyes.

I dare you to think you could spot a ball glancing finger tips from 30 yards in such an important game with everything else going on.
Ar5enal Fan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MoMatrix)
If it was obvious all players would have appealed as they do even in incidents that are not penalties.It wasn't obvious as Vidic glanced the ball with his fingertips not changing the direction of the ball.
What? He clearly got enough on it to deny Van Persie from headering it in. There is no way the linesman couldn't have seen that, the side on angle is the easiest to see the handball.
yunghamz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wonder how Chelsea fans must be feeling.

Souness ripping it up
Mastermind`
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We need to take Hernandez off if nothing changes for the next 15-20 minutes, Koscers and Djourou are all over him. Rooney can play the lone man perfectly. Switch Nani to the left, bring Valencia on.

Edit: Just realised we have no midfielders on the bench so that wouldn't work.
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Foy how much you been paid?
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tommyjw)
Training does not mean a normal human being can spot something 30 yards away, which players close couldnt.. the ball did not change direction or pace at all, it glanced his finger tips :facepalm:

I'm not saying it doesn't count as a hand ball, but you seem tot hink the linesman is some god who can zoom in with his eyes.

I dare you to think you could spot a ball glancing finger tips from 30 yards in such an important game with everything else going on.
Finally someone who isn't a moron.
Ronaldo VII
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
a_t
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Evian are now making special polythene bag versions of water so Wenger doesn't hurt himself
yunghamz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I would see it if i had 10 years + experience as a linesman, having no experience, i would have particularly paid attention to Vidic's raised arm.
voodoomagic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Surprised no-one has brought up the Chris Foy conspiracy. Man Utd unbeaten in 18 games with Foy officiating. Obviously those 18 games were solely influenced by Foy rather than Man Utd's respective opposition.
skeanos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are people so hyped up about the missed pen/ the game itself. As usual arsenal playing boring football pass pass

Half an hour later.....

Pass pass...still no shots on target.
People say arsenal are mini barcalona. Their not because Barca actually DO SOMETHING with the ball.
Arsenal v utd was a good game a few years ago. Its not now.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ar5enal Fan)
What? He clearly got enough on it to deny Van Persie from headering it in. There is no way the linesman couldn't have seen that, the side on angle is the easiest to see the handball.
It wasn't clear as the ball didn't change direction or pace which is what happens 99% of the time when you handball it so how can you expect the linesman to see that?
jit987
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by voodoomagic)
Surprised no-one has brought up the Chris Foy conspiracy. Man Utd unbeaten in 18 games with Foy officiating.
No wonder Alex is calm.
badger-man
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It wasn't clear as the ball didn't change direction or pace which is what happens 99% of the time when you handball it so how can you expect the linesman to see that?
The ball did change direction. Are you even watching the game?
neillya1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it was obvious all players would have appealed as they do even in incidents that are not penalties.It wasn't obvious as Vidic glanced the ball with his fingertips not changing the direction of the ball.
See below, because no matter what I say you'll just come up with the same response...

(Original post by Psychotic546)
You're an idiot, try to understand what's he's saying and then you'll see why saying "but the players didn't appeal" is a moronic response.

Actually, it does, because he's looking out for it.

It didn't just glance them, watch the replays.

For the record, I could spot that and have done (all be it at a much lower level of football). If I can do it as a Sunday League linesman, I'm sure a linesman in the "Best league in the world" should be able to spot it.

It doesn't matter what else is going on - his job is to watch the line & the ball. Which he obviously wasn't doing.
MoMatrix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
See below, because no matter what I say you'll just come up with the same response...

Actually, it does, because he's looking out for it.

It didn't just glance them, watch the replays.

For the record, I could spot that and have done (all be it at a much lower level of football). If I can do it as a Sunday League linesman, I'm sure a linesman in the "Best league in the world" should be able to spot it.

It doesn't matter what else is going on - his job is to watch the line & the ball. Which he obviously wasn't doing.
Please don't tell me you spotted that in real time without the replay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (561)
37.68%
No - but I will (116)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (106)
7.12%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (706)
47.41%

Watched Threads