Why isn't there any solidarity in the black community? Watch

Silver Arrow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by u02dpb7)
Dear me, you have anger and inferiority issues. You as a man should be respectful to women as well as others as I stated in my post. What has women ruling the world have to do with anything! I'm sorry but from your aggression and your inability to hold a civil tongue in your head it seems to me that you are the one that could be considered to mentally inferior. I will indeed crawl back to my room overlooking the sea with a cup of tea in one hand and rational behaviour in the other.
Your arrogance and smugness is absolutely repulsive!
username728604
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by babygirl110)
Call it what you like, blacks, black people, black community. My point remains that there's no cohesiveness amongst black people.
The point - which I think you're totally missing - is that no racial group, 'community' or whatever you want to call it is cohesive in the sense you're talking about. The ones that do are segregated and this is NOT a good thing. What you're talking about is tribalism and I'm quite happy that black people generally don't have that attitude. Your ancestors have worked hard to diminish notions of 'white and black'...that's why we have integrated more and that's why large aspects of black culture have been adopted into the mainstream. If your idea of progression is 'helping out your own' with their barbershop or whatever and you don't see the influence black people have had music, entertainment, fashion and sport as positives (yes over their Asian, Thai and Polish counterparts) then I really don't know what planet you're on.

Stop laying a burden on black people that they don't even need to have. People like you create problems for the sake of creating problems. Focus on the positives - that's how people succeed.
babygirl110
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Nomes89)
The point - which I think you're totally missing - is that no racial group, 'community' or whatever you want to call it is cohesive in the sense you're talking about. The ones that do are segregated and this is NOT a good thing. What you're talking about is tribalism and I'm quite happy that black people generally don't have that attitude. Your ancestors have worked hard to diminish notions of 'white and black'...that's why we have integrated more and that's why large aspects of black culture have been adopted into the mainstream. If your idea of progression is 'helping out your own' with their barbershop or whatever and you don't see the influence black people have had music, entertainment, fashion and sport as positives (yes over their Asian, Thai and Polish counterparts) then I really don't know what planet you're on.

Stop laying a burden on black people that they don't even need to have. People like you create problems for the sake of creating problems. Focus on the positives - that's how people succeed.
Continue living in your delusional world.
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Continue living in your delusional world.
There's nothing delusional about what I said.
Name me some famous, rich, influential black people then see if you can me name as many indian, thai, chinese, and polish people with similiar status.

Until you do, sit down babygal.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's nothing delusional about what I said.
Name me some famous, rich, influential black people then see if you can me name as many indian, thai, chinese, and polish people with similiar status.

Until you do, sit down babygal.
I will name you 1000's of famous black entertainers, they mean nothing to me and many other people. Sadly I can only name you fewer influential black professionals in comparison to other races. Anyway, this is a separate issue in my opinion.

Continue to hail your celebrity entertainers and see how far they will get you.
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I will name you 1000's of famous black entertainers, they mean nothing to me and many other people. Sadly I can only name you fewer influential black professionals in comparison to other races. Anyway, this is a separate issue in my opinion.

Continue to hail your celebrity entertainers and see how far they will get you.
What makes you think I'm only talking about entertainers?
Truth is you haven't got any facts to back up your assertions and you can't name that many black professionals simply because you don't know many - not because they don't exist. Sadly you can't see the difference.
What's more, you will get nowhere with your attitude. Maybe you'll own a hair salon if you're lucky, lolz.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Truth is you haven't got any facts to back up your assertions and you can't name that many black professionals simply because you don't know many - not because they don't exist. Sadly you can't see the difference.
What's more, you will get nowhere with your attitude. Maybe you'll own a hair salon if you're lucky, lolz.
Lol all I can say is you're one hell of a crazy woman (based on posts you have written on this thread).
ChaoticMaster
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Silver Arrow)
Why aren't there any black businesses? I just got back from my barber shop and he's an Asian guy (he speaks Arabic) Everywhere i look all i see are Chinese, Indian,Thai, Asian e.t.c owned and run businesses. They get really rich because of it. Today i walked past their businesses and saw an E55 AMG, SL55 AMG and an Aston Martin DBS all parked outside. All races that i know of stick and help each other. E.g Chinese help Chinese, Indian help Indians e.t.c
Why can't black people do this and get their act together. There have been Caribbeans livivng her since the 50's and they've achieved NOTHING!
In the US it's slightly better as many rappers beciome rich but there still isn't any black solidarity whatsoever despite being there for the best part of 500 years.
WTF IS GOING ON??
Don't even dare call me a racist because i'm black and i'm in disbelief at what i see.

Have a look at this. It's a little bit long bt it's really clever and just absolutely BONE CHILLING!
http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publ..._a_Slave.shtml
Its based largley on the circumstances in which they first entered these communities, a lack of social mobility and the relativly reccent reduction in racism. In american for exame schools were only fully desegregated 40 years ago.
Tha_Black_Shinobi
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol all I can say is you're one hell of a crazy woman (based on posts you have written on this thread).
Thats call Ad Hominem. How about you try retorting with an argument?
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
Oh get lost black shinobi.

First of all, my argument was never about famous and rich black people, it was about lack of cohesiveness in the black community and yet in nomes89 eyes it suddenly became about rich and famous black people.

Secondly, I truly have nothing to say to any of the things she said in her last post. My wise uncle who's the chief exec of an international NGO once told me to pick my arguments and battles wisely; if I don't think anything will be achieved from an argument with an individual then it is best to step back and so I did. I've also learnt this from TSR.

I didn't want to to respond to nomes89's post because there wasn't anything worth responding to but since you have asked:

As far as black rich and famous people are concerned, you will find that most of them are from the entertainment industry, i.e. music and hollywood. Rich famous people I know who are not entertainers are the Obamas, Dr Carson, Nelson Mandela, Condoleezza rice, Tim Campbell and I'm sure there are a few more but I'm afraid these are the only one's I consider an inspiration.

That's a pathetic thing to say because you don't know who I am so you can't go around making such stupid assertions, my friends and family fall into all sorts of professions but it would be silly of me to start listing their names because they are not famous and you don't know who they are:rolleyes:. If you are so interested then you can catch me and my pals in the centre of London after work on Friday evenings.

Lol this just made me chuckle when I read it. Once again, how was I expected to respond to this black shinobi? Funny that you point out that I'm making a personal attack at nomes89 and yet you ignore the ones she made at me.

Anyway, I'll just respond; I finished my masters in September 2010 and now work for a global consultancy; a graduate job which I started over a month ago. I'm very pleased with myself. Hopefully I will get an opportunity to work abroad in the near future .
I wouldn't mind owning a hairdresser on the side but I wouldn't even know where to start as I don't even know how to do hair, it probably wouldn't be worth my time. My mum always took me to the hairdresser when I was young and I've continued to do so as an adult.
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nothing of worth to add then? Thought not :rolleyes:
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Tha_Black_Shinobi)
She can't because she hasn't got a clue what she's talking about. And I wouldn't confuse her with phrases like 'Ad Hominem'
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
[QUOTE=babygirl110;31207452]
(Original post by Silver Arrow)
You're the only one in the whole thread who even has a clue what i'm saying. All other groups of people show solidarity and stick and help each other. Whites have their own businesses that help and support each other. So do Jews, Indians, Chinese e.t.c
Just look around they're all wealthy yet black people have nothing excpet the latest pair of Air Force 1's from Foot Locker
They can turn to each other for support. All blacks have is drugs in ****ing ghettos. They're much more happy drinking that vile SuperMalt **** and eating horse takeaways.

FML!!![/QUOTE

Totally agree. I've with you and the person you quoted.
This is how the argument about rich, successful black people came into it - because you agreed to the above bull**** views. Or did you conveniently forget? Don't try and act as if what I'm saying isn't relevant. Fact is you have yet to justify aligning yourself with the view that black people generally don't make use of their wealth like their white, jewish, indian etc counterparts and that most of them are drunk, no good layabouts.

And if you're talking about solidarity - again this has nothing to do with success of a business. These white, Jewish, Indian, Chinese business are not solely supported by 'their own' otherwise they would either fail or not realise their full potential. Businesses rely on targeting as wide an audience as possible. Anyone with any degree of sense would know that. Therefore requesting 'cohesiveness' from the black community is useless as this itself will not help them to improve or progress. Those black people who do fall in to the category of committing crime and under-achieving, their problems stem from social and economic circumstances, not because they don't 'stick together'.

Another part of my argument is that it can be detrimental for any group to 'stick together' in that sense, as it promotes segregation. That is why after years of being in this country, south-east Asians are still coming across problems because they haven't appropriately integrated into British society (so some people believe) and the Chinese/Polish even less so.

You also chose to ignore these point and instead made a poor attempt to personally discredit me by saying I was living in 'wonderland'. So seriously, don't try and come out with any kind of nonsense. Argue your points and justify your position properly if you say you can.
babygirl110
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nothing of worth to add then? Thought not :rolleyes:
I thought I responded to you when I reluctantly replied to black shinobi? Did I not?

I think I also made my reasons clear why I chose not to respond to you in the first place.

Sorry but there's no discussion to be had you crazy wonderland girl.
username728604
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry but there's no discussion to be had you crazy wonderland girl.
Maintaining the high ground with a response worthy of only the most petty little girls :cool:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads