i'm stupid &STFU. Watch

StylePoints
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by bethanycaddy)
okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

everyone on here seems to be going to Oxford, Cambridge or Durham -___-

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be "failing" with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want & work like a ******* whilst doing it.
i'm not doing 8Alevels or whatever
&i find Maths&Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so can we have some real people on here?
people who struggle and AREN'T going to Oxford?
So, people should "STFU" because they have high aspirations? :/

Essentially this thread boils down to: "Hey, I think I'm stupid. Do you think I'm stupid?" For the record, no, you aren't stupid. Grades aren't the be-all and end-all of life, and later on very few people will care about them. All I can see here however is you posting a thread for the sole purpose of trying to be pitied.

And no, not everyone here goes to Oxbridge (although it does get worshipped by several users on here, I must admit) but on a forum for students, you're naturally going to get high achievers. Please, get over it.
bethanycaddy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Philbert)
Way to miss my point completely. I meant that a lot of people post troll threads to try and wind people up and get lots of replies.

If you're interested in engineering, you can do courses that combine it with business or management. My boyfriend studies engineering and judging by some of his work, he does a lot of economics and business-related modules.
oh!
sorry :L
too used to people having ago at me for grammar, spelling etc.
yeh they are winding me up ><

i think that i should do Engineering&Business(:

thankyou!
Kenocide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Stands to reason that a forum rooted primarily in education and current affairs would attract the more academic (and conceited, and arrogant, and annoying) students.

Given the inexorable link between the words inside and outside the brackets above, I wouldn't put too much emphasis on academic performance. Yeah, quite a few people on this forum are high achievers but they also tend to be the ones that shout the loudest for attention, hence the impression that everyone here is an Oxbridge fanboy.
Medpotter
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okokok
so all over tsr i see reaaaally clever people moaing about the fact they aren't getting A*s ONLY As.

STFU

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be &quot;failing&quot; with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want &amp; work like a ******* whilst doing it.
&amp;i find Maths&amp;Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

Not all of us are going to Oxbridge! :O Some of us are going to Imperial or LSE! Or perhaps not such a prestigious university but going to study Medicine or Dentistry!

I would like to point out though that I am a robot and not a real person.
Ambs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i'm not too happy with the fact some people are getting these grades &then complaining they aren't good enough

it's like every 5minutes there's a thread saying "who ELSE is going to Oxford " ://
But for them they're not good enough - and they're not good enough for some of the top universities out there. Yes, it's probably very frustrating if you can only dream of an A, but for many people on here grades are very important and Oxbridge is their dream. It's true that some people on TSR have lost all perspective, but this is an academic forum and you can't expect people to put everything in perspective. Same goes for this thread: you are not happy with your grades, but there are lots of people whose grades were worse. Or who don't even get the chance to go to school. Or who die of hunger. Getting an A instead of an A* might seem futile to you, but for some people it isn't.
Kalliope
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dijipo)
TSR isn't for you. Please leave.
:rofl:

(Original post by Tommyjw)
Your grammar, the way you presented your post and your general sentence layout isn't doing your argument any justice.
this

(Original post by Ambs)
But for them they're not good enough - and they're not good enough for some of the top universities out there. Yes, it's probably very frustrating if you can only dream of an A, but for many people on here grades are very important and Oxbridge is their dream. It's true that some people on TSR have lost all perspective, but this is an academic forum and you can't expect people to put everything in perspective. Same goes for this thread: you are not happy with your grades, but there are lots of people whose grades were worse. Or who don't even get the chance to go to school. Or who die of hunger. Getting an A instead of an A* might seem futile to you, but for some people it isn't.
Actually, this - exactly this.
Love the Darren gif btw
katee85
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kerily)
I know people (both irl and through casual TSR snooping) who have gone from Cs and Ds to Oxbridge offers.
That would be me then

OP - My proudest qualification is also my lowest grading; a C in AS Level Maths. For those who state how easy it is then good for them, but please don't buy into the concept that it is like that for all. I had never felt such inadequacy, before or since, like that felt when staring at an equation dumbfounded. Maths is so black and white, I'm all about the grey! I never found an 'in' either, the best I managed was to identify S1 as my strength, going all out there, and abandoning my weakness C2; my module grades were S1: A (resit from a B), C1: B and C2: E. Oops. Perhaps some damage limitation would suit your situation too. Please don't think your stupid though, we all struggle from time to time, be it with academics or other. The world does not start and finish with A-levels, it is after all but a stepping stone qualification, however, whilst caught in the maelstrom I would push back at your school for additional help and seriously consider if continuing subjects that are making you miserable to degree level is a viable career option? Best of luck.
Ambs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BookWormShanti)
:rofl:

this

Actually, this - exactly this.
Love the Darren gif btw
Thank you! Your Darcy looks mighty fine as well!
Kalliope
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ambs)
Thank you! Your Darcy looks mighty fine as well!
When does Darcy not look mighty fine?
0201Bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not ashamed to admit, I got myself a tutor when I realised I'd struggle to get into where I wanted to go. Just had to cut back on the meals out and clothes shopping for £46 a weeks lessons.
Boobies.
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
okokok

STFU

i just want to know if it's just me who seems to be &quot;failing&quot; with CDD(AS level)? ://

i'm going to have to get a foundation year to get into any Uni i want &amp; work like a ******* whilst doing it.
&amp;i find Maths&amp;Physics reaaaally hard at AS..

so if you're not AAA tsr isn't for you.

niiiice (y)
I wouldn't say that TSR isn't for you if you don't get AAA in your A level qualifications.
However, TSR isn't for you if you struggle to structure sentences or use the space bar, and type somewhat like a chav.

:bubbles:
Ambs
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BookWormShanti)
When does Darcy not look mighty fine?
When his shirt is wet - then he just looks like sex.
tuckaa
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I agree mostly- i got ABBC which for me i am happy with knowing it is literally the best i can do. Not everyone in life can get AAAA or it wouldnt be good! Plus im sure i have qualities that others dont who get AAAA. I think its really easy to forget that your whole life isnt about school.
Kalliope
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ambs)
When his shirt is wet - then he just looks like sex.

:coma:

Sorry OP, I'll stop spamming now I just couldn't resist!
wanderlust.xx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I chose the wrong A levels, really. I probably picked some of the worst ones I could do. :facepalm2:

If I could, I'd do some decent ones.
chai wallah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i kinda started out clever
7s&8s in SATS
then it just went downhill

i just don't get the concepts of things like other people do
i can never be arsed to revise

and if i get something wrong it makes me feel crappy &i don't want to keep working..

my parents say its Uni or i move out now..

ever since i was little my mom had it in her head that i'd do Engineering like she started&didn't finish

even though i want to do business..
ffs I'm really fed up with all the yoot around here giving you a hard time - even though it shows them up as idiots, it still grates.

You're not a whiner. Here's the thing - it's tough for you at the moment and I'm not sure if you've made this connection, but I think it'll help: motivation comes from having faith in yourself and the thing you want to do, and if your family don't support you, you've got an uphill struggle on your hands.

It works like this - you come up against something new, you don't understand it, you feel stupid, you think 'I'll never understand this / I don't get concepts like other people do / I'm just thick' and you grind to a halt. People who 'get' things quicker than you do at the moment have more time before their 'oh god what, I suck' system kicks in - more time to be curious about understanding things.

You can't be arsed to revise because it damn well sucks to feel stupid.

Times like these you often just need someone to say HELL YEAH and validate your experience before you can move on. And you can move on (I've seen a bit in this thread, which is lovely). You need to stick at the thing (learning, revising) that makes you feel **** - not to keep your family happy, but because this 'I suck' thing is doing no good for your self-respect, and you can get happier by pushing on through. It stops feeling like **** when you stop beating yourself up. Honest, cross my heart.

Go for it. Don't be scared. Embrace failure. I sound like I'm farting self-help books here, but it's 100% tried and tested.

GOOD LUCK!

PS nowt wrong with your typing, it's a conscious stylistic choice. I say this as a linguist!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads