Turn on thread page Beta

Africa will NEVER be wealthy. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Understudy)
    I have already stated the benefits of colonialialism. And yes I believe they outweight the disdvantages of colonialism.

Your refusal to engage in anything approaching serious discourse is staggering.

You seem to possess the capacity for rational argument appropriate for someone who had lived a nomadic, stone-age existence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Left Hand Drive)
    What if the companies paid the workers a decent wage after making millions off their land
    Supply and demand. Collectively people have a lot more control over wages than you think. If every person on the planet refused to work for less than £6 per hour then companies will be forced to pay it. Now I think of it this is exactly what unions are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Disco)
    Your refusal to engage in anything approaching serious discourse is staggering.

You seem to possess the capacity for rational argument appropriate for someone who had lived a nomadic, stone-age existence.
    Actually statisticians have shown that death rates spiked after the British left colonial territories (less access to advanced medicines etc). Plus the British allowed their colonial subjects to take really low interest loans to build up their economies and infrastructure.

ReputationRep:
    Then don't venture an offensive opinion you are incapable of sustaining, cowardly little internet turd.
    I will comment how I see fit

Remember you are the one who quoted me first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    It has the most valuable of mall the resources on this planet. Oil, minerals, metals, timber e.t.c Yet it is by FAR the poorest on Earth.
    Rich industrialosed countries are busy draining it of all that they can whilst the monkeys in power are given a little something for their silence.
    Below is a video that details the excess of wealth that a certain country (Equatorial Guinea) has and how it's being wasted away by a dictator and his son.
    About £7m worth of cars were seized in Paris that belong to the son of said Dictator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wgUwOzjSRYE

There is also an article in Dutch which you will have top translate yourself that details everything.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/12...in-be****.html

Africa is just a hopeless cause. The leaders feed themselves and cant understand the concept of wealth and development. When they die, that money doesnt get passed on to someone who will benefit from it.
    I meean why buy a £200m yacht and £7m worth of cars when your country doesnt even have telephone lines, water supplies or roads?

As long as it exists, Africa will always be poor and worthless to it's people and a "free for all" for the rest of the world.

Discuss
    I agree, Corrupt rulers and poverty cripple the continent. The irony is theyd probably do well under the colonisation that they hate so much. Western countries could help them so much but instead we just get called imperialists and greedy. I know its a bit of a long shot but i realy think both they and we would benefit from recolonisation... in a modern sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recon1424)
    I agree, Corrupt rulers and poverty cripple the continent. The irony is theyd probably do well under the colonisation that they hate so much. Western countries could help them so much but instead we just get called imperialists and greedy. I know its a bit of a long shot but i realy think both they and we would benefit from recolonisation... in a modern sense.
    I agree, in fact the vast majority of Jamacains think so too -

http://newsdzezimbabwe.wordpress.com...ule-jamaicans/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PendulumBoB)
    Actually statisticians have shown that death rates spiked after the British left colonial territories (less access to advanced medicines etc). Plus the British allowed their colonial subjects to take really low interest loans to build up their economies and infrastructure.
    That death rates spiked after British withdrawal does not prove that colonialism was a positive thing. If anything it contributes to the overwhelming net effect of negatives.

Indeed I have mentioned, the manner of the withdrawal of the colonial powers caused suffering, strife and civil wars that persisted until not very long ago in some instances (Angola) and to this very day (Sudan).

But the low interest loans sure do make up for the slavery, mineral theft and wars.

ReputationRep:
    It has the most valuable of mall the resources on this planet. Oil, minerals, metals, timber e.t.c Yet it is by FAR the poorest on Earth.
    Rich industrialosed countries are busy draining it of all that they can whilst the monkeys in power are given a little something for their silence.
    Below is a video that details the excess of wealth that a certain country (Equatorial Guinea) has and how it's being wasted away by a dictator and his son.
    About £7m worth of cars were seized in Paris that belong to the son of said Dictator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wgUwOzjSRYE

There is also an article in Dutch which you will have top translate yourself that details everything.

http://www.autogespot.com/nl/item/12...in-be****.html

Africa is just a hopeless cause. The leaders feed themselves and cant understand the concept of wealth and development. When they die, that money doesnt get passed on to someone who will benefit from it.
    I meean why buy a £200m yacht and £7m worth of cars when your country doesnt even have telephone lines, water supplies or roads?

As long as it exists, Africa will always be poor and worthless to it's people and a "free for all" for the rest of the world.

Discuss
    boo-hoo what a shame

ReputationRep:
    I will comment how I see fit

Remember you are the one who quoted me first.
    That is your prerogative, but be aware that your comments have the effect of making you seem unpleasant and a little slow.

ReputationRep:
    That is your prerogative, but be aware that your comments have the effect of making you seem unpleasant and a little slow.
    Bye bye

ReputationRep:
    Bye bye
    Back so soon, I got your private message by the way, Puta!!!

ReputationRep:
    South Africa used to be a great country.

ReputationRep:
    Africa... Is Wealthy. Just poor distribution of wealth - For example, Nigeria have had a steel mill in development for over 10 years they've spent almost 154BN Naira on this (Translates into almost £100m if not more) yet has not been completed.

There are MANY projects like this which have not been completed, so it's just poor distribution and management and corruption.

If all was sorted out a VERY long time ago, Nigeria would be up there as one of the greatest economies in Africa. FACT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Recon1424)
    My dad said exactly this, but as it benefits us, it also disadvantages us.
    Culture would be lost, however organisation and ethics would've been distilled into our society. Which is clearly lacking now. Which is such a shame.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venom123)
    My dad said exactly this, but as it benefits us, it also disadvantages us.
    Culture would be lost, however organisation and ethics would've been distilled into our society. Which is clearly lacking now. Which is such a shame.
    Their may be some disadvantages but they wouldnt lose culture and they could vote, have equal rights and benefit from everything all British citizens get etc, just look at India Britain had huge influence over india and when they gained independance they thrived because of it.

Hong Kong,Australia, THE USA!: more good examples.

Colonisation wouldnt neccesarily be permanent either.

Of course Britain has lots of flaws itself.

ReputationRep:
    That death rates spiked after British withdrawal does not prove that colonialism was a positive thing. If anything it contributes to the overwhelming net effect of negatives.

Indeed I have mentioned, the manner of the withdrawal of the colonial powers caused suffering, strife and civil wars that persisted until not very long ago in some instances (Angola) and to this very day (Sudan).

But the low interest loans sure do make up for the slavery, mineral theft and wars.
    How so?

Aren't Angola and Sudan religious?

Slavery started in Africa under the Arab.

ReputationRep:
    Because they're all failures!
    you're the failure! how narrow-minded and stupid can you be? ughh thats the problem with all you europeans, always thinking you're better than everyone else

ReputationRep:
    There are far too many narrow-minded idiots on this site. and this thread has proven that. you all realise that AFRICA IS MADE UP OF VARIOUS RACES right? its not only "black" people. so all this talk about how black people are less intelligent than "white people" is completely pointless, but ofcourse y'all woulda known that if you werent sooo narrow-minded and stupid. smh!
    and who ever made this thread also, "africa will NEVER be wealthy" ? really? like other continents are not having problems of their own, europe with its economy crashing and germany having to loan money to uk, greece and spain and all these other countries.

WHAT'S THE POINT OF THIS THREAD REALLY?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pax Amerifauna)
    South Africa used to be a great country.
    it still is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AYO)
    you're the failure! how narrow-minded and stupid can you be? ughh thats the problem with all you europeans, always thinking you're better than everyone else
    Haha I'm not European. Let's face facts, Africa (Sub-Saharan, BLACK Africa) is a ****ing failure. There are no two ways about it.
    I bet you're the type of ignorant African that just likes to stick their head in the sand and pretend that everything's ok when people come by and **** you in the ass.
    Africa is the only continent that's getting worse while the rest of the world moves on ahead.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.