Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas)
    Hmm, so today I ate 2 Oat, macadamia and dried cranberry breakfeast bar things on the bus to school, an apple and a bag of dry roasted nuts as a snack, chicken/tomato pasta for lunch, a piece of birthday cake when I got home and Chicken/chips for dinner. Gonna be drinking water for the next few weeks so don't say drink milk.. I want to clear up my skin and I kind of like water now.

Also, to all the people saying I should be in hospital or a wheelchair... I'm not emaciated! It only became apparant I was uber skinny when I grew about a foot in a year and a half, my brother did the same but filled out at the same time... MY fill out is on the way i hope
    But milk is so good for weight gain, dat protein and calories! Why not have it as well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxas)
    Hmm, so today I ate 2 Oat, macadamia and dried cranberry breakfeast bar things on the bus to school, an apple and a bag of dry roasted nuts as a snack, chicken/tomato pasta for lunch, a piece of birthday cake when I got home and Chicken/chips for dinner. Gonna be drinking water for the next few weeks so don't say drink milk.. I want to clear up my skin and I kind of like water now.

Also, to all the people saying I should be in hospital or a wheelchair... I'm not emaciated! It only became apparant I was uber skinny when I grew about a foot in a year and a half, my brother did the same but filled out at the same time... MY fill out is on the way i hope
    You are getting there. Adjusting slowly is a good idea. There is no point shovelling food down, making yourself sick and then quitting. That also of course means you need to be increasing your intake as time goes on.

Your biggest weakness so far is your breakfasts. Wake up earlier. Cook yourself some oats in whole milk, whack some sultanas in there. Add sugar if you like. Then have a few slices of toast or some eggs.

About the skin/milk thing: Drinking ****loads of water isn't going to magically improve your skin, sorry. That's just an excuse. Besides, there is plenty of water in milk. You are wasting an opportunity to potentially double your calorie intake with something that is easy and cheap to consume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casshern)
    Not my boyfriend... my god

Hey buddy, feel free to hop off his **** anytime... Jeez

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    no it isnt, 8 stone is normal for someone 5ft3, 5ft4 and 5ft5
    I don't think you're in a position to advise people on healthy eating, exercising and living.

ReputationRep:
    You need a lock in at Mcdonalds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davsters)
    I don't think you're in a position to advise people on healthy eating, exercising and living.
    of course i can, as can anyone

just because i dont eat 100% healthy doesnt mean i dont know how to

ReputationRep:
    Make McDonalds your second home.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more or less in the same boat....
    At 23 I am 6ft and weigh 8stn.

Although in your case there is some silver lining..... You don't have a marijuana addiction costing you £30quid a day...

Note that for the first time beacuse of the posts in this thread and your situation I am admitting to it being an addiction.

Best Regards
    Kom

ReputationRep:
    Dude! I'm 5 foot 6/7, and I weigh around 7 and a half stone! You need to put on weight! Eat more, and exercise more..? Even I can do at least 50 press-ups, and I'm a girl!
    Maybe go see your doctor? You are probably anorexic for a guy..though your body looks fine to me, although on the skinny side

ReputationRep:
    of course i can, as can anyone

just because i dont eat 100% healthy doesnt mean i dont know how to
    I agree, it doesn't, but you still don't know how to eat healthily. Apparently changing from one brand of crisps to another containing slightly less calories constitutes a good change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Davsters)
    I agree, it doesn't, but you still don't know how to eat healthily. Apparently changing from one brand of crisps to another containing slightly less calories constitutes a good change.
    yes i do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyx)
    Dude! I'm 5 foot 6/7, and I weigh around 7 and a half stone! You need to put on weight! Eat more, and exercise more..? Even I can do at least 50 press-ups, and I'm a girl!
    Maybe go see your doctor? You are probably anorexic for a guy..though your body looks fine to me, although on the skinny side
    50 pressups?
    Strong bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyx)
    Shut the **** up and learn what anorexia means.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brb_gone_gym)
    50 pressups?
    Strong bull****.
    Loads of ppl can do 50 press ups! :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    Shut the **** up and learn what anorexia means.
    Sorry, but I know what anorexia is. And if he truly on weighs 8stone..then he IS too skinny and needs to put on weight. I was just saying..no need to be mean

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyx)
    Loads of ppl can do 50 press ups! :L
    I don't know a single female who can do more than 10 legitimate pushups. True I don't know any women who lift but even so it's very rare they are good at bodyweight exercises.

Soz just don't believe. Plus seemed to needlessly make the OP feel more inferior.

ReputationRep:
    Mate I'd kill for that sort of weight. I'm 12 stone and hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heyx)
    Sorry, but I know what anorexia is. And if he truly on weighs 8stone..then he IS too skinny and needs to put on weight. I was just saying..no need to be mean
    just because he is skinny doesnt mean he is anorexic

GG is right you need to learn what it means, it does not mean just being skinny, its a mental problem

anorexics starve themselves, while OP is skinny for his height hes not starving himself, he just has the food intake of a child

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brb_gone_gym)
    I don't know a single female who can do more than 10 legitimate pushups. True I don't know any women who lift but even so it's very rare they are good at bodyweight exercises.

Soz just don't believe. Plus seemed to needlessly make the OP feel more inferior.
    I didn't mean to make him seem inferior....
    I know plenty of females that do..I don't see why that can't be possible?! I swim A LOT and do long-distance running, and some other other sports..so I have practice at it.
    People...please stop taking it the wrong way! Please.

ReputationRep:
    just because he is skinny doesnt mean he is anorexic

GG is right you need to learn what it means, it does not mean just being skinny, its a mental problem

anorexics starve themselves, while OP is skinny for his height hes not starving himself, he just has the food intake of a child
    Yes I know...
    I said he is probably anorexic...not that he definitely is..because I don't actually know him. But don't you agree 8 stone for a guy of his height is extremely skinny? Thats all I'm saying.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.