Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Tech Society 3.0 Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Unfortunately not, they'd blocked off the admin tools pane which was annoying. Ended up having to buy a new one because the work had to be in that afternoon. £6 for a 1GB stick, I felt like I'd been stabbed :\
    That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    That's pretty brutal. Feel for you man!
    Yep, and after all that they reopened online submissions the next day and let people off for submitting late >=[ now I have my shiny new phone on the way though, so the anger's faded somewhat XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Yep, and after all that they reopened online submissions the next day and let people off for submitting late >=[ now I have my shiny new phone on the way though, so the anger's faded somewhat XD
    :rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Which phone?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: Gotta love it. Would send you mad otherwise.

You getting it with a contract or SIM free?
    Pretty much, I may still right an angry letter to the biology department due to poor organisation in the hopes of getting reimbursed. Every little counts =P

Getting it on my current contract, my iPhone 4 is essentially dead now and I'd have to wait another 7 months until my upgrade so I'm paying the early upgrade fee then balancing it out by selling the XBox. Works out at about £45 for the handset including deposit which I'm more than happy to pay for, then keeping my current contract.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Which phone?
    The Lumia 800 [=

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Pretty much, I may still right an angry letter to the biology department due to poor organisation in the hopes of getting reimbursed. Every little counts =P

Getting it on my current contract, my iPhone 4 is essentially dead now and I'd have to wait another 7 months until my upgrade so I'm paying the early upgrade fee then balancing it out by selling the XBox. Works out at about £45 for the handset including deposit which I'm more than happy to pay for, then keeping my current contract.
    Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    The Lumia 800 [=
    Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Ah, nice. That's a Windows phone isn't it? :holmes: WP7 does intrigue me, although I'm quite happy with my 4S.
    Yeah it's a Windows Phone. Six months ago I would have laughed at the thought of getting one, but since then my smartphone use as done a complete 180. I used to have about 8 screens of apps which I used the majority of quite regularly, now my iPhone is in that bad a state I've stopped using most apps that are remotely battery intensive, and I haven't missed it much at all. I'm now just after a phone with a great camera, nice web browser and proper social network integration, which the 800 excels at. Plus it's so pretty :ahee:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that makes sense. Not a bad way to do it at all.
    Haha yep, really lucked out on the XBox promotion, I'd have never been able to afford it otherwise XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Haha yep, really lucked out on the XBox promotion, I'd have never been able to afford it otherwise XD
    What promotion is that?
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny_uk)
    What promotion is that?
    Upgrade to a Lumia 800, get a free XBox 360 Slim.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    Upgrade to a Lumia 800, get a free XBox 360 Slim.
    Damnnn thats nice
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenny_uk)
    Damnnn thats nice
    I know, means I'm getting the handset for about a tenth of the price once I see it off, so I'm happy [=

ReputationRep:
    I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else on here watch loads of random unboxings
    ( I was addicted to them last year :rofl:)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IamBeowulf)
    I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I don't think I've ever watched an unboxing before, how can you get excited if it's not you unboxing it?
    i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wizard710)
    I do like the look of win pho but seeing as I now have a good collection of paid for android apps I think I'll be staying put for a while. Will certainly look at it when my contract is up in 18 months
    Haha I don't want to think about the amount I've spent on the iOS app store XD

Depends on the product really, if it's something I'd want myself or downright awesome then I watch them, I tend to glaze over the dozens upon dozens of Android handsets that the tech channels I subscribe to unbox each month though

ReputationRep:
    I
    i dont know, but its not just me who gets excited - unboxing vids have loads of views
    Oh yeah I don't doubt that, it's just I personally don't see the point in them

Poll
Do you honestly judge a book by its cover?
Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.