Do you have a serious phobia? Watch

username504651
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by madders94)
Ah, it's alright guys, Dr A Level is in the house!

I studied schizophrenia in A-Level Psychology, doesn't mean I'm qualified to tell someone they do or don't have it.
I'd thumbs up if I could on an ipad

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hannahk17
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm scared of sick, wasps, bees and Morris men. I'm not even joking about the Morris men. I can't see them in town or something without crying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AlexEnglandy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Deep water and drowning. I've never willingly been in the deep end of a swimming pool and I've never ventured too far out at sea. I cant swim properly because of this fear either.
Summ3rSun
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 30STMLuver)
Oh my gosh, not joking, I just found this, because I'm new to the student room, but I am I serious I have the exact same phobias as you;

The Dark; I have been afraid of the dark ever since I was little, I have to sleep with a light, now the hall light is okay, but I used to never be able to sleep without a night light, I get so upset when I have no light and I cried when I was on a ski trip with school, because it was pitch black and I was terrified.

MAJORLY SCARED OF Gas Masks; I have been afraid of gas masks now from since I was very little. I first saw the episode of Dr Who as well and because I was younger, It scarred me for life. Then, in year 6, I went to Stockport Air Raid shelters because we were learning about WW2, I have ALWAYS had a fascination with History and my favourite subject in History is World War 2, but the gas masks scare me every time they mention it. So when I was there, we got given a box each with a gas mask in it, and as soon as they told us to put the mask on, I burst out crying and had to go outside because I was having a break down, I was so scared, but I soon forgot about my phobia and didn't think about it for a while.
Then, I went to Alton towers about 2 months ago, with my best friend, Emily, we went on the new ride, Nemesis Sub-Terra and it scared me so much, I came out crying and I couldn't stand up, my hands and legs were shaking so much, I had to sit down for a while.
Okay, here's what happens;

The ride starts with you lining up and going into an elevator, the doors then open and you sit down in a row of seats and then you have a sort of simulation ride and then there is a surprise (not giving anything away), then you go back into the elevator and go back up and you think it's over, but then the elevator stops and a man in a gas mask shines you in the face with a torch and looks at everyone in the elevator, then the doors close and you go back up again...
***SPOILERS (...continued) Then the elevator stops and you go into a maze type area which is dark, there is metal fencing around you so you can only go in single file and there is strobe lighting which makes it more scary. There are about 10 men in gas masks (maybe more) throughout the maze and you have to go past them, they jump out at you and stop you and shake the wire mesh and when the lights are off, the man comes near to you so every time the light is on, he is closer and eventually, he is right in your face, before my friend Em, could tell me (because she saw him before me) he was in front of me and I screamed and she screamed and I started crying as soon as I got out.

So you can understand why I was scared, even Emily, who never gets scared easily, was terrified and nearly cried, it was like living my own nightmare. I have to go and see a doctor now so I can go and talk to someone about it, it's so serious, I haven't been able to go to sleep for the past two months, I have slept in my mum and dad's bed with them, I have also had to cry myself to sleep I have been SO terrified of that ever since.

Lifts; And THAT'S why I am also scared of lifts, I have never liked them, but that just tipped it over the edge. I am scared they will free-fall haha, and I don't like the little space, even though I'm not claustrophobic.

Sudden free-falling; That's another phobia of mine suddenly free-falling! I imagine myself just falling down when I'm sat in an arm chair, watching TV at home, or while I'm at the cinema... stupid, I know! Haha

Sorry for the large essay, but I have a LOT of phobias

I know what you mean about sub-terra, worst experience ever! And that surprise! Oh my! I have never been so scared of something like that in my life! I was jumping about in my seat screaming hahaha! Then all that smoke, darkeness and men shouting and scaring you! Oh my, it was too much for me to handle! I came out shaking!

Snakes- I have a massive phobia of them. Its that bad, I can't look at pictures of them or watch them on tv! Enough said! Its make me feel uncomfortable typing about it!

Spiders - Pretty much the same as snakes! I'm awful with things like this! I scream every time I see one! Used have massive ones run into my room!

Darkness
- I have a phobia of darkness, its gotten better over time but I don't know really! I'm just scared of the dark! Have to put like every light on around me! Like i'm alright on dark rides and things but I can't go on like horror things because I hate the thought of being in the dark and having scary people jump out on me! I could do that sort of job, I just can't experience it as the victim!

I used to have a massive phobia of aquariums! That's gone now though

I have quite a few, just feel uncomfortable thinking about them and going into detail;-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
3.85%
They might tell the bully (5)
9.62%
I don't think they'd understand (9)
17.31%
It might lead to more bullying (19)
36.54%
There's nothing they could do (17)
32.69%

Watched Threads