Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is Snape Still A Good Guy??! watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: IS SNAPE STILL A GOOD GUY?!
    Yes
    60.10%
    No
    20.21%
    Not sure
    19.69%

ReputationRep:
    Nahhhh, at least, I don't think so. A wand is an everyday tool - no doubt Voldemort would prefer it if he could do magic without it, because at the end of the day it's something that ALL wizards have.

No, I got the distinct impression that Rowling intends the last horcrux to be in some sort of special item, something that has immense value to Voldemort. Personally I think it's going to be something owned by Ravenclaw, because we've already had artefacts from the other three houses.

ReputationRep:
    maybe its a raven? a stuffed one at hogwarts or soemthing?

ReputationRep:
    Could well be! But I was thinking more sparkly + magic powers :p:

ReputationRep:
    oh thanks i thought mine was a valid contribution :p:
    everything seems to be very glittery so far (except the book and the snake)
    the locket the cup the ring, but at the same time very ordinary objects (that is in wizarding terms, as they are all objects you'd expect a wizard/witch to poses) maybe it will be a cauldron, i doubt it wil be a wand as that already contains too much magic for it to be a horocrux, so it must besomething of magical significance to a wizard but yet still connected to the whole pattern

but why did he need harry's bood to come back to life, i know it was all the enemy stuff and servant,but how could he restore himself to full life from being little more than nothing, tho not quite dead, its a bit odd. don't ask me to explain it but it doesn't seem quite right. did he die when he tried to kil harry and have to use a horucrux to come back or was he to split up to not be dead? its just all very strange

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Harry's the horcrux...

Actually, that fits! See, Harry was given all of Voldemort's secret powers when Voldemort tried to kill him... maybe the attempt to kill him transferred a piece of his soul in Harry! :eek:

I hope that isn't it, though. I'll be terribly disappointed if it is.

ReputationRep:
    yeah but if he was he would have no use for him now and would have let the death eaters kill him. and why would he be part of aprophsey?
    hmm.. i doubt harry could have been a horucrux but maybe when voldemort killed him he would have made his 7th horucrux and the result of not killing him into his state? uh it sort of makes sense in my head but not written down? hmm..
    but yeah i doubt harry is a horucrux or dumbledore would ahve said something as well

ReputationRep:
    Yeah maybe, but you should work on your typing, because - no offence - but I don't think I really understood what you're talking about .

ReputationRep:
    :p: sorry i make no sense when i type my thoughts quickly let alone spelling things correctly
    yeah harry can't be a horucrux as the rest have been objects so it would be unusual, but it has eben suggested that by killing harry he would have made his final horucrux
    but in failing to kill harry maybe something went wrong with the horucrux he had begun to make.. hmm.. anyways i hope that makes a little more sense

ReputationRep:
    No way Harry can be a horocrux - the whole point of them is to PROTECT part of the soul; so why exactly would Voldemort spend all his time and effort trying to destroy a seventh of his own soul?

ReputationRep:
    hm...yeeeh.....:ditto:

ReputationRep:
    Because that part of his soul lies in the being of his mortal enemy - the guy destined to destroy him :p: Maybe he cares less about losing 1/7 of this soul than he does about dying - it's certainly consistent with what we know of Voldemort's behaviour.

But I wasn't seriously suggesting Harry as Horcrux 7, although it would explain certain things...

ReputationRep:
    well, if voldy kills H then he'll end up killing himself since DD sed V wouldn't know if his other Horcruxes still exist and i doubt he'll risk one of his horcrux for that...

ReputationRep:
    I guess! I suppose we could just wait a year until the next book comes out :p:

ReputationRep:
    nah that would be the easy option, if we carry on at this rate we will have written the whole book before the next is published

ReputationRep:
    Something to be avoided, I think :p:. I hate it when books are ruined for me, and I'll be terribly disappointed if we figure it out before I read the book.

ReputationRep:
    lol, JK will have to think hard to bypass all our thinkings.....maybe shes reading our threads regularly and tried to think of something different that haven't been guessed by us :p:

ReputationRep:
    Obviously he's good, JK has spent too much time making him play the role of 'bad guy' for him to actually be a bad guy. He's just a prick.

ReputationRep:
    maybe she is :eeek: runs away and trys to hide thoughts from JK

ReputationRep:
    I agree with DanGrover, it's sort of what I think, too. It'd just be too obvious.

ReputationRep:
    lol, in that case, we're just waiting to be disappointed...unless JK dreams up something to surprise us....btw, Snapes got a brother rite?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.