x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    craghyrax are a teacher or somethin!

ur seriously clever?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzukiescudo)
    craghyrax are a teacher or somethin!

ur seriously clever?
    Thanks! No I'm not clever, I'm crapp at maths, I'm just one of the lucky ones that has a really good Chem lecturer who forced us to practise mole maths all A level ( :banghead: ) And friends (like tozhan) who are good at the maths.

ReputationRep:
    ur one luckey girl! i wish i had a lecturer like urs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    Thanks! No I'm not clever, I'm crapp at maths, I'm just one of the lucky ones that has a really good Chem lecturer who forced us to practise mole maths all A level ( :banghead: ) And friends (like tozhan) who are good at the maths.

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    i think there is sme chemistry goin on ere!!

ReputationRep:
    Mmm. mine is due in on monday.
    i think im done.

didnt have enough space for an introduction though. think mine is like 850ish words.

ReputationRep:
    theres a site on wesley learning that tells u exactly what to do for th titration part including calculations, http://www.wesleylearning.ie/resourc...soda/index.htm

hope this helps...

ReputationRep:
    theres a site on wesley learning that tells u exactly what to do for th titration part including calculations,
    but it doesnt show which equations to use?

ReputationRep:
    The equations have been referred to several times on this thread. There are only a very few of them that we learn. They're all used in demonstrations of titration calculations in our OCR textbook.

ReputationRep:
    so is this da only equation you need

Na2CO3 + 2HCl --> 2NaCl + H2O + CO2
    1 mole 2 moles 2 moles 1 mole 1 mole

or are there more
    ??????????????????
    any replies will be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    if you read the cover sheet of the panl, it only says that u need to show how you determined the quantities you used for the tiratation. you dont actually need to show calc. for working out the number of moles of water, u only need to do that dor the heating method...

ReputationRep:
    im sure you do need to show theoretical calculations.

ReputationRep:
    nez is right... the question only requires you to determined the quantities you would use but i would advice you to include the theoretical calculations as well provided you dont exceed the 800 words limit... it would probably gain you some extra credit... maybe not...

ReputationRep:
    possibly, but why go to the exra trouble, its so easy getting marks in chem plans, esp for titrations, u get a mark just for mentioning burette and pipette and a mark for stating an indicator and a mark for colour changes. personally i dont see the point of doing more than u have to to get the marks.

ReputationRep:
    :eek: Urgent help neeed please!!
    need to refer to the thermal stability of sodium carbonate.
    No idea what to say.
    Any ideas?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    revise latice enthalpy...you have a textbook right?

ReputationRep:
    course i have a textbook,
    Do u think id have to do enthalpy cycles as part of the calculation?
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    When doing the combustion, what saftey precautions are there other than, using tongs cos the stuff will be hot, saftey flam on bunsen burner when not in use?
    Cant think of a reason for why u need lab coat and saftey glasses?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mubarak)
    When doing the combustion, what saftey precautions are there other than, using tongs cos the stuff will be hot, saftey flam on bunsen burner when not in use?
    Cant think of a reason for why u need lab coat and saftey glasses?
    you need a lab coat so that you can protect yourself and your cloths from flames... if the lab coat ignits, you can remove it easily so that you are protected... you need a safety glasses to protect your eyes from flames... mmm i cant think any other... hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tozhan)
    revise latice enthalpy...you have a textbook right?
    Lattice Enthalpy is covered in Chemistry 2 at A2 level, not everyone doing the AS Chem planning exercise are in A2... Mubarak.. have a squiz at the A2 Lattice Enthalpy chapter its not any harder than AS stuff just a bit more detailed. Helpful background.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 6, 2008
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.