Turn on thread page Beta

Being the opposite sex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think happiness/unhappiness with gender is to with identification with one's own gender - the relatively small reasons like period pain/having to shave/orgasms whatever don't matter in the end. In fact, based on the logic of social advantages, I would probably prefer to be my own sex, due to certain advantages that remain from the remnants of a largely patriarchal society, yet my gender identity falls further towards wanting to be a female.

ReputationRep:
    I dont particularly identify with my own gender much, but I find girls so attractive that if I were a girl I would want to be gay, and its not so great because gay girls cannot really have proper sex, using a strapon is simulation. Penetration is such an important part of the emotional connection during sex, at least for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackpoolCraig)
    I dunno. I wouldnb't want to change my gender, but I do wonder what it would be like if I'd have been born a female. I reckon it would have been better, mainly because it would mean that I would get cheaper car insurance.

ROFL !!

ReputationRep:
    wow! I would get to beat my meat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pendragon)
    I dont particularly identify with my own gender much, but I find girls so attractive that if I were a girl I would want to be gay, and its not so great because gay girls cannot really have proper sex, using a strapon is simulation. Penetration is such an important part of the emotional connection during sex, at least for me.
    My situation, except I am bisexual (but with a preference for women). When I am attracted towards a woman, I feel a similar way to you, but when I am attracted to a man, I can "free" my female side, relax and be submissive and feminine. It is possible to have a female brain but male gender identity, thus not identifying with your gender much, but still be happy with your gender, although in my case, I am generally not happy with my gender, and I am only happy with myself at certain times...I especially hate my male sexual organs and find them extremely embarassing, and so I will never show any form of overt masculinity apart from within my own sexual fantasies. It's hard to explain and something nobody can relate to.

ReputationRep:
    I know what you mean - for a lot of people, their fantasies contain the things they least want to do in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    Yes, Biology GCSE has indeed taught us both well - with advances in science, genetic information could be inserted into eggs not via sperm - research involving this tends to be to do with cloning although presumably a similar technique could one day enable two women to have a biological child together.

(In the same way, two men could donate their genes to one child, but hah, they can't make eggs by themselves can they? Nope... women are essential I'm afraid *smug*)

and then the male species would cease to exist! :p: woo! heaven! lol just kidding guys, we love you reallly..

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure cloning techniques will reach such an extent that neither a man or woman is needed for creating children - the genetic material from eggs can simply be cloned or combined with sperm and cultivated in an artifically created incubation unit. You can tell I've read Brave new World... :p:

ReputationRep:
    Did she forget, where the hell would you get the Ginetic information and if there were no men, eventually, everyone would look similar as they would have the same strand of genetic information. No men, No army, nucleur attacks because because the importaion price another country demands on nappies is too high. Lets not think about women ruling the world or ,men solely. Anyway why would too women wnt a baby together lets not try to push gay as something of a good choice or to be ultimately proud of, it isn't a crime but it's not a good way forward and it's biologicaly wrong. I would be scarred to be the opposite Gender, a women, a life of emotional stress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    I'm sure cloning techniques will reach such an extent that neither a man or woman is needed for creating children - the genetic material from eggs can simply be cloned or combined with sperm and cultivated in an artifically created incubation unit. You can tell I've read Brave new World... :p:
    Ford, I'm reading that now! *does sign of the T*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    I know what you mean - for a lot of people, their fantasies contain the things they least want to do in real life.
    Yes, that's true, my fantasies are masochistic, and I carry out fantasies I don't want in the "real world", merely only in the moment of arousal. My identity is confusing...it's not as simple as a woman trapped in a man, but I find that if I act femininely, or with feminine body language, it feels much more natural, I don't know how to be "masculine" beyond my own identity of masculinity, apart from the the lager-swilling, lecherous stereotype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UtterNutter69)
    Okay, pin your ears back and listen in. How many of you think that you'd rather have been born the opposite sex to what you are. Like if you're a bloke would you have rather been born a chick? and vice versa of course. If so why? or why not as the case may be.

Personally being born a chick would have made life much easier. Take money for example, if I had been born female then as soon as I turned 18 I'd be straight out on the game. Just think, £100 for half an hour, I could do 1 client a day mon-fri and thats £500 tax free a week for only 2 1/2 hours work.

...By the way, if you find this post offensive (not sure why you would, other than being an uptight squarehead) then please dont go whining to the admins, let me know so I can edit it to suit your politically correct special needs...
    I'm glad to be a guy. Females have life too difficult... too much pain, too much expectation and too little appreciation. Thats my view of it anyway. I wouldn't swap for anything tell you the truth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F1 fanatic)
    I'm glad to be a guy. Females have life too difficult... too much pain, too much expectation and too little appreciation. Thats my view of it anyway. I wouldn't swap for anything tell you the truth.
    That's what most people I know say...but for me it is irrelevant since it is a question of identity - I would probably agree that females are less appreciated, especially in the world of work, and as a man, I will have certain advantages in my career, but this does not make me happy as a man if I have a more feminine identity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eien)
    That's what most people I know say...but for me it is irrelevant since it is a question of identity - I would probably agree that females are less appreciated, especially in the world of work, and as a man, I will have certain advantages in my career, but this does not make me happy as a man if I have a more feminine identity.
    Well of course, if you are female, it defines who you are. Im not saying you should want to be a man, just that I wouldn't want to be a woman.

ReputationRep:
    Female is the most beautiful creature on earth and male is created to appreciate this beauty. Make women happy is a man' job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marie05)
    and then the male species would cease to exist! :p: woo! heaven! lol just kidding guys, we love you reallly..
    Amen :p: ; I will take some solace in the song ‘its raining men, hallelujah!’ It shows there are still some females around who are not contemplating a sexist holocaust against my gender. Whatever crackpot theories are being spread in this thread without both genders the human race could not survive; even if some nightmare technology could replace either sex the costs to us and the planet of attempting to maintain a far smaller human population on such a basis at replacement rates (2.1 offspring per couple) would be prohibitive and unsustainable. Various lesser species animal are known to spontaneously mutate and change gender to redress a lack of the opposite sex, as that great line in Jurassic Park put it "nature finds a way". I think that ultimately the natural laws which govern life and reproduction will never be fully controllable by man. The awesome powers of nature and the violent aggression of the male gender when under threat are forces which are ever present under the thin veneer of human civilisation; to suppose that both may be effectively and perpetually subordinated to science or even annihilated by it is merely an extension of this illusion.

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot of long words for you

I don't disagree, you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zoecb)
    That's a lot of long words for you
    You obviously haven't read many of my posts in other threads. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Bah, I haven't, as it happens. But I do think you were being a bit verbose on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    When one is verbose it should always be with purpose.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.