Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Design tech (unit 6) - research paper watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok that one isnt uploading i dont no why!

ReputationRep:
    are these your research? i would like to see your designs...btw has anyone done their development? mind sharing? just want to see how its done...

ReputationRep:
    you just need to develop from the ideas that you did, making sure that you actually develop it rather than just copy it.
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    This collapsable thing i s getting to me a bit. It's pretty complicated, surely they would have asked us to research it in the pre-exam material? Otherwise they'll get hundreds of candidates walking in blind.

Being lightweight seems to suggest putting it in a car. Could it also be stacking a lot of buggies or whatever up for mass storage a bit like supermarket trolleys?

Thanks for posting your research Lauren!

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't stress bout it chuck, just in your design maybe mention it folds or can be taken apart. Draw a few joints aswell to make it look realistic, lol and then your done that's what i plan on doing. If it really was an important part of the exam then they would have put it in!!!!!! good luck! xxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    Just because its lightweight doesn't mean it's going to be lifted!!! Were talkinga bout mother who wants to push a youn child of aged 0-5 around in whilst carrying shopping. its talking lightweight surely because you need to be able to move the object with all the added weight. If u tried to lift a trolley u know it aint light but it certainly can be pushed eaisily because of the way it has been developed. Is that not what it means????

ReputationRep:
    yo xxlaurenxx i was looking at your research page and stuff just for refernce and so fourth and jus curious what you think this is going to be??? Have u done any drawings or anything that i could see cause i've no idea were to start. i can do the rest of the paper just not the drawing bit!!!! Which is kinda the whole point of the paper in the first place

ReputationRep:
    I agree with starfoxspart! Mainly coz I don't like the idea of collapsable design!
    I've got another design which I'll put up later

ReputationRep:
    theres one big bulk, which worries me! i don't really know how i can change a push force (handle) to a braking force..you know what i mean? i mean like how are you going to apply the brake onto the wheels by pushing the handle or something?

ReputationRep:
    i have read though the whole forum and i dnt think it will a buggy because we havent been told to research any folding mechanisms. if it were goin to b a buggy we would have to research that as a parent wouldnt want a buggy that couldnt be folded away into the back of the car

ReputationRep:
    im findin it difficult to find any anthrometric data on children aged 0 to 5 can ne 1 help me please

ReputationRep:
    if you look towards the start of the thread, probably 1st page there is a very good link to a page with all the anthropometric data u need

Edit: sorry just checked the link no longer works, file is to large to upload, if u pm me ur email i will send it u

ReputationRep:
    oh no! no one reply to my concerns..

ReputationRep:
    Hwoo, just think about bike brakes. They have a lever on the handlebars and are easy to apply. However I don't think you need progressive braking, think something more like a parking brake would be more appropriate so the user can let go of the trolley on a slope to shop or whatever without the fear of it rolling away.

Also, does anyone know anything about duralium, properties etc. and cost?
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Whats a parking brake like and how does it work? i 'm not joking , i seriously don't know...

ReputationRep:
    A parking brake is just to hold the buggy in position when stationary rather than to slow it down. Like a handbrake on a car? On a pushchair there are just kick-down brakes that lock up the two rear wheels I think though I'm not really sure how they work lol! I'm thinking that the brakes on airport trolleys (also don't know how they work) might be a good idea, i.e. the buggy will stop if you let go of it. Guess a sudden stop could throw the kid out though!

ReputationRep:
    hey has anyone got any anthropometric data cos i cant find any anwhere plz help...

ReputationRep:
    Surely you wont be going that fast to throw a kid out. But yeah, brakes seem to be hard to impliment.
    Hey, I'm new to the board, needed lots of help. Our teacher made a big deal about it being a pushchair of some sort. He gave us some photocopies of a book on anthropometrics. It's called 'Anthropometrics: an introduction' by Stephen Pheasant (unsure about the surname, got cut off) and it was published first in 1984, then in 1990. Hope that helps, they may have it in a library.

ReputationRep:
    hey could anyone give me the anthropometrics on children 0 - 5 and adults?? i cant find any books or information on it anywhere

ReputationRep:
    lol, its in the forum! please read Sarah222

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.