Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    contract law, maybe some public international law, who knows see where the roll of the dice takes me

Well, whatever you decide to take, I hope you enjoy yourself.

ReputationRep:
    cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I only just found this site - I've accepted my offer to start Law at LSE in September, firm choice! (well, its conditional...but hey!).

I only applied to one place (rashly,stupidly deciding that I only wanted to go to LSE), so I'm kind of relieved that they accepted me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quetia20)
    Hi,

I only just found this site - I've accepted my offer to start Law at LSE in September, firm choice! (well, its conditional...but hey!).

I only applied to one place (rashly,stupidly deciding that I only wanted to go to LSE), so I'm kind of relieved that they accepted me!
    Lol, you only picked one course ? That was one risky bet :p: Well done anyway

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks. It was actually kind of a combination of loving LSE and being too lazy to take the LNAT...

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks. It was actually kind of a combination of loving LSE and being too lazy to take the LNAT...
    Should have applied for others anyway.

I have a friend who applied to 6 unis:- UCL, LSE, Warwick and another 3.

He didn't do the LNAT.

Both UCL and Warwick gave him an offer anyway, because they liked him for some reason or the other (even though they did say his application would have been more favourable with the LNAT).

The irony? LSE rejected him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)

He didn't do the LNAT.

Both UCL and Warwick gave him an offer anyway, because they liked him for some reason or the other (even though they did say his application would have been more favourable with the LNAT).

Yeah I agree. Haha "the irony" yeah it really is :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)

He didn't do the LNAT.

Hmm, maybe so. I was definitely panicking when it got to the end of Feb and I hadn't heard anything - wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Anyway guess it doesn't really matter now! I never would have chosen UCL over LSE anyway...but I'm not going to go into that, don't want to start yet another argument!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe so. I was definitely panicking when it got to the end of Feb and I hadn't heard anything - wouldn't recommend it to anyone!

Anyway guess it doesn't really matter now! I never would have chosen UCL over LSE anyway...but I'm not going to go into that, don't want to start yet another argument!
    I see you've read through the forums, nice job :p:

Hi,

Very risky, but well done. It's probably a sign that LSE's meant for you. Is your offer AAA?

I'm doing Law at LSE this September as well. So I hope to see you then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e11even)
    Very risky, but well done. It's probably a sign that LSE's meant for you. Is your offer AAA?

I'm doing Law at LSE this September as well. So I hope to see you then.

My offer's AA - I'm only doing 2 A Levels this year cos I'm working full time as well. It's not nice - trying to do a Chemistry A Level in a year by evening classes...

My offer's AA - I'm only doing 2 A Levels this year cos I'm working full time as well. It's not nice - trying to do a Chemistry A Level in a year by evening classes...
    Wow. You must've really impressed LSE for them to let down the boundaries of their usual offer. Nice one. :yy:
    I took Chemistry A Level in 2 years and it wasn't easy. I can't imagine what you must be going through. :eek: I'm sure you'll manage it in the end though. Good luck! You've got LSE as an incentive. What's the other A Level subject that you're doing?
    Will you be staying at one of the LSE residence? Or do you live near the university?

ReputationRep:
    thats hardcore man, only applying to once place. What halls you trying to get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e11even)
    Wow. You must've really impressed LSE for them to let down the boundaries of their usual offer. Nice one. :yy:
    I took Chemistry A Level in 2 years and it wasn't easy. I can't imagine what you must be going through. :eek: I'm sure you'll manage it in the end though. Good luck! You've got LSE as an incentive. What's the other A Level subject that you're doing?
    Will you be staying at one of the LSE residence? Or do you live near the university?

Well I already had an A in Dance A Level, so that counts towards my offer (LSE were kind - it's not exactly that academic ) - its a long story, I went to dance college until about a year ago. I'm doing History A Level as well atm - distance learning.

Yeah I'll be moving into halls in Sept - I actually live in Essex, but I'm renting a flat in London atm for work and my evening course. I've applied to High Holborn, Bankside and Lillian Knowles. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    hey, well done on your offer Questia!! WOW! you must've really dazzled them lol congrats!

ReputationRep:
    i applied to get into high holborn, hopefully ill get in there dont want to stay anywhere else really, but bankside wouldn't be a too bad 2nd choice. for them to let u use dance, you must have done insane lol..

Random question to you guys:

Did you all have to do interviews??
    I didnt, I also got my offer much earlier than some people on here..
    wonder how it works!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drs1357)
    i applied to get into high holborn, hopefully ill get in there dont want to stay anywhere else really, but bankside wouldn't be a too bad 2nd choice. for them to let u use dance, you must have done insane lol..

wonder how it works!
    Most people who apply to the LSE aren't interviewed, unless you have non-standard qualifications or are a mature student.

Quetia20 - All the best in your coming exams then. Hope to see you at LSE. I received an offer from Bankside House.

drs1357 - I didn't have an interview, probably because I'm an international student. When did you receive your offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drs1357)

wonder how it works!
    Nah I didn't have to interview either. I thought I would cos I haven't done my qualifications the standard way, but...

Did you apply early? Maybe it depends on that - I didn't apply until late November and I didn't get my offer til March

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 6, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.