Controversial debate.... Watch

Jessica_Mae
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Lady_L)
Would you take medicine if you were ill...or dying? All medicine has been tested on animals.
If so, are you saying animals are equal to humans?

Firstly I will point out animals are equal to humans, they are much more intelligent, just becuase they don't communicate in the way humans understand and look different they stilll deserve respect and to be left alone and not put through torture, agony and murder!
You don't treat humans like it so why treat animals like it?

It is not about what medicines I take, MY point is animal testing should be banned, becuase of the torure and agony animals go through, under no circumstance should any living thing go through what experimenters put animals through...
sophisticated non-animal research methods which are more accurate, less expensive and less time-consuming than certain animal-based research methods should be used.

If humans are not allowed to be put through it then neither should animals. They use animals becuase they are the nearest living organism to give accurate results, then becuase they are so close to humans they should be treated like humans and not forced to withstand the suffering they have to go through!
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lady_L)
Do you wear makeup - makeup is tested on animals...
Do you take medicine if you are ill, or have you had any vaccinations? These are all tested on animals...

Yes I wear makeup simply becuase animal testing on cosmetics was BANNED in UK in 1998...
I have answered your other question somewhere else in this debate!
Tahooper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jessica_Mae)
I would save the mouse, simply because animals have just as much right to live as humans do. Humans just have no respect for them!
If you and a mouse are both caught in a life threatening situation I'll remember to save the mouse and not you
Three Mile Sprint
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Im a Vegetarian for much the same reasons, I don't think there really is a need to eat animals or cause such suffering.
Certainly not the way that animals are treated by 99% of food suppliers.

But don't harp on about it.
Three Mile Sprint
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Firstly I will point out animals are equal to humans, they are much more intelligent,
Vegetarian here, bit of a nature nut to I will admit.

This is simply not true, Animals are by and large thick as bricks, the ones that are intelligent are limetedly so.
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheJ0ker)
Yes, surprised someone could be so stupid.
http://www.mofed.org/Animal_Research.htm
This is a nice article you could read. Animal researching is crucial to medical advances.
I can't really say I care if you think I am stupid I am not ashamed to say
I respect animals and think of them as equal to or more than humans. I don't know what it is with humans eating/killing/wearing/abusing and using them for tests.
Like I have said a few times before just becuase they can't communicate in the way humans understand or look like we do, act like humans do and defencelss humans think they have the right to abuse and force them through pain and torment them!
Humans are nothing but selfish, narrow people who ruin and hurt everything living; they are ruining the ozone layer, rainforests, Great Barrier Rief, animals, create wars...
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tahooper)
If you and a mouse are both caught in a life threatening situation I'll remember to save the mouse and not you
Fine by me, like I have said animals have just as much right to live as humans!
concubine
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some of us are vegetarians more for environmental reasons, and some of us just don't really like it all that much.

Firstly I will point out animals are equal to humans, they are much more intelligent, just becuase they don't communicate in the way humans understand and look different they stilll deserve respect and to be left alone and not put through torture, agony and murder!
You don't treat humans like it so why treat animals like it?

It is not about what medicines I take, MY point is animal testing should be banned, becuase of the torure and agony animals go through, under no circumstance should any living thing go through what experimenters put animals through...
sophisticated non-animal research methods which are more accurate, less expensive and less time-consuming than certain animal-based research methods should be used.

If humans are not allowed to be put through it then neither should animals. They use animals becuase they are the nearest living organism to give accurate results, then becuase they are so close to humans they should be treated like humans and not forced to withstand the suffering they have to go through!

Complete and utter bull****.

And humans do treat other in disgusting ways.

I can't really say I care if you think I am stupid I am not ashamed to say
I respect animals and think of them as equal to or more than humans. I don't know what it is with humans eating/killing/wearing/abusing and using them for tests.
Like I have said a few times before just becuase they can't communicate in the way humans understand or look like we do, act like humans do and defencelss humans think they have the right to abuse and force them through pain and torment them!
Humans are nothing but selfish, narrow people who ruin and hurt everything living; they are ruining the ozone layer, rainforests, Great Barrier Rief, animals, create wars...

I wish people like you would just

You're all ****ing hypocrites.
2ndClass
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I can never date a vegetarian. Can you imagine the headache and constant preaching?
Three Mile Sprint
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 2ndClass)
I can never date a vegetarian. Can you imagine the headache and constant preaching?
Were not all utter pricks, it's just the Zelous ones of our ranks are utter *******s.

My wife eats meat like a wild lion, my son isn't going to be raised as a Vegi, it's just a personal choice and is just that for most Vegis.

It's just that preachy vegi's are worse than Evangelical Christians.
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
Just to add I am not harping on about it, I just started it up as a debate, as it is massively controversial, but the more people go on, and justify the fact animals hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed every year by cruel corporations. Mice and rats are forced to inhale toxic fumes, dogs are force-fed pesticides, and rabbits have corrosive chemicals rubbed onto their skin and eyes. I don't see how any one can think this behaviour is right?

Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment or abuse in any way!

Plus I don't intend to go on about it, it's my decision and views on the matter, and so is yours. It just something I will never understand!
This isn't ment to sound like preaching
Three Mile Sprint
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just to add I am not harping on about it, I just started it up as a debate, as it is massively controversial, but the more people go on, and justify the fact animals hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed every year by cruel corporations. Mice and rats are forced to inhale toxic fumes, dogs are force-fed pesticides, and rabbits have corrosive chemicals rubbed onto their skin and eyes. I don't see how any one can think this behaviour is right?

Animals are not ours to eat, wear, experiment on, use for entertainment or abuse in any way!

Plus I don't intend to go on about it, it's my decision and views on the matter, and so is yours. It just something I will never understand!
This isn't ment to sound like preaching
Well let's be honest, we are Animals too, and animals eat other animals to survive, so it's not like were commiting some unnatural sacralige when we eat meat.

I agree we don't "need to" nowadays thanks to an advanced economy and food production system and that we certainly don't have to make them suffer as they do under the current meat industry, for this reason I am a Vegi.

But I know were I starving and in a bad situation, I could quite easily hunt, kill, skin, gut and eat an animal.
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
(Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
Well let's be honest, we are Animals too, and animals eat other animals to survive, so it's not like were commiting some unnatural sacralige when we eat meat.

I agree we don't "need to" nowadays thanks to an advanced economy and food production system and that we certainly don't have to make them suffer as they do under the current meat industry, for this reason I am a Vegi.

But I know were I starving and in a bad situation, I could quite easily hunt, kill, skin, gut and eat an animal.
Exactly, we can live a perfectly heathly life without killing animals.
We are animals, but how animals kill each other is nature, how humans kill animals isn't natural, it's murder!

But we all have different opinions so....
Three Mile Sprint
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Exactly, we can live a perfectly heathly life without killing animals.
We are animals, but how animals kill each other is nature, how humans kill animals isn't natural, it's murder!

But we all have different opinions so....

Would it be unatural if I were to run down a Dear, bash it's head in, break it's neck and drag it off to eat?
That would be the standard way the rest of nature do it.

And let's also be honest here, anything a human can do...is natural, if it is in our capacity to carry out , it's natural.
Don't fool yourself to thinking that all animals are kind, many tourture and torment prey and other animals for nothing more than pleasure.
Other take slaves, or commit genocides.
Raiden10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ChocoCoatedLemons)
I have teeth designed for eating both meat and vegetables. Therefore, I will do both. :cool:
Haha +100.
hamijack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No nothing, animal testing is the worst! Animals shouldn't be use to test products, it's horrific.

Right now, millions of mice, rats, rabbits, primates, cats, dogs, and other animals are locked inside cold, barren cages in laboratories across the country. They languish in pain, ache with loneliness and long to roam free and use their minds.
Instead, all they can do is sit and wait in fear of the next terrifying and painful procedure that will be performed on them. The stress, sterility and boredom causes some animals to develop neurotic behaviors such incessantly spinning in circles, rocking back and forth and even pulling out their own hair and biting their own skin. They shake and cower in fear whenever someone walks past their cages and their blood pressure spikes drastically. After enduring lives of pain, loneliness and terror, almost all of them will be killed.
More than 100 million animals every year suffer and die in cruel chemical, drug, food and cosmetic tests, biology lessons, medical training exercises, and curiosity-driven medical experiments. Exact numbers aren't available because mice, rats, birds and cold-blooded animals—who make up more than 95 percent of animals used in experiments—are not covered by even the minimal protections of the Animal Welfare Act and therefore go uncounted. To test cosmetics, household cleaners, and other consumer products, hundreds of thousands of animals are poisoned, blinded, and killed every year by cruel corporation. Mice and rats are forced to inhale toxic fumes, dogs are force-fed pesticides, and rabbits have corrosive chemicals rubbed onto their skin and eyes.
Copied from the internet, but this what animals go through, it makes me sick!
Do you know anyone who has ever had an organ transplant or needed a blood transfusion?
Meat is Murder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Note the username.
Three Mile Sprint
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Meat is Murder)
Note the username.
Damn those murderous lions, foxs and birds!
Jessica_Mae
Rep:
?
(Original post by hamijack)
Do you know anyone who has ever had an organ transplant or needed a blood transfusion?
No I don't.
Meat is Murder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Three Mile Sprint)
Damn those murderous lions, foxs and birds!
Those animals have to kill to survive which is nature, humans don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24%
No (323)
76%

Watched Threads