Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    Queen's, you?
    Same. My preference is Stephenson

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by criticalnature)
    Same. My preference is Stephenson
    I applied as open but now I would prefer Stephenson since it's supposedly the larger of the two colleges.

ReputationRep:
    For those of you doing Physics with Foundation, can I ask what sort of level you will be starting the course at? As in, are you a mature student with no qualifications, or are you an 18/19 yr old student who simply did A level subjects not specific to Physics etc...?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get their college allocation last night?

Very happy to be going to Stephenson

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    John Snow for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emre944)
    John Snow for me.
    Heard good things about John Snow. Although as Queen's only has two colleges, I've heard that everyone mixes regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I just felt I got a better vibe for Stephenson. But they both look really good. It's all down to personal preference really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what the days are like during the foundation year. Is it like morning classes then independent study afterwards. Just wondering that's all. It must just depend on your progression route i think. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I did! I got Van Mildert College!

(Original post by add4)
    Just wondering what the days are like during the foundation year. Is it like morning classes then independent study afterwards. Just wondering that's all. It must just depend on your progression route i think. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd also like to know this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tayaa)
    Hi everyone,

I have applied for the foundation Medicine course, I still have not heard anything. Mega nervous- no news is good news but I am starting to frett now beacuse I've read somebody has already been invited for interview. :-/

Anyone in the same boat?
    Hi ,Yes but only applied by the 15th Jan ucas deadline .There is information on the uni web that suggests interviews occur periodically but not sure if everyone then has to wait till all the interviews have been completed which could be an awfully long wait if you applied back in September/October..I imagne for those that get an interview it would need to be before 19th/20th March when the foundation centre have their post application open day . Any idea how many apply?. I sense that theres a limited number of places.. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    What is the deadline to meet your offer? My offer isn't typical A-levels, so I have to send them my NVQ certificates myself. Also, will I need to send them it at my College or the general admissions e-mail?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Himynameskiefer)
    What is the deadline to meet your offer? My offer isn't typical A-levels, so I have to send them my NVQ certificates myself. Also, will I need to send them it at my College or the general admissions e-mail?

Thanks

Give them a phone, but they will probably not really need it until August.

My Offer has been made unconditional, so Once I firm it Im in.

ReputationRep:
    My offer was conditional but I met the conditions about a week later. It still says conditional on ucas but does that mean I am effectively in as well if i have firmed it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hegelian)
    Give them a phone, but they will probably not really need it until August.

My Offer has been made unconditional, so Once I firm it Im in.
    I've already had mine firmed for some time now and it still states that it's Conditional - I'll e-mail the admissions.

Thanks .

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,
    I got my offer last night to study physics (with a foundation year) at Durham. I'm a mature student and I've never been given an opportunity like this in life before. I'm so happy! Good luck to you all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esteta)
    Hello all,
    I got my offer last night to study physics (with a foundation year) at Durham. I'm a mature student and I've never been given an opportunity like this in life before. I'm so happy! Good luck to you all
    Congratulations and good luck to you too.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My allocation came through in the first wave of them, Im going to Hatfield.

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,
    I don't know if I'm posting this in the correct thread? However, I was wondering if anyone has completed the physics foundation year at Durham? If so, could you give me a little insight into what is covered and the work load.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm just wondering now obviously the students on the foundation course are all mature 21 plus. I was just wondering do you think it will feel odd once you progress to your chosen degree after the first year. Are everyone different ages or are most on first year degrees college leavers at 18 plus with only myself and maybe a few others being mature learners.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'll be 19-20 years old during my foundation year. After what age are you considered a mature student?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.