Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Post a picture of the most beautiful country you've visited :) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Yeah looks beautiful all year round. I went last summer it was about 30ish degrees so very nice. Couple of nights there was thunder and torrential rain which was quite nice and new to see. I'm not sure I'd like to visit during the winter though haha.

Do you live there or have you moved to the UK or what?

Posted from TSR iPad
    In the winter it's amazing because there are no tourists. And any time I've been it's surprisingly warm- that water is still flowing, but the railings have all frozen from the mist.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah looks beautiful all year round. I went last summer it was about 30ish degrees so very nice. Couple of nights there was thunder and torrential rain which was quite nice and new to see. I'm not sure I'd like to visit during the winter though haha.

Do you live there or have you moved to the UK or what?

Posted from TSR iPad
    Yeah it sure is!! Yeah the summers are very hot, can hit up to 40 degrees at times which is amazing! Yeah due to humidity can get some storms lol. haha the winters aren't bad, go around february time lol.

Uhmm moved to the UK for a bit for Uni then will see what happens from there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future_Dr)
    It's the best I've got... when I went on DofE expedition. This is in [email protected] least I think it is.
    Is that the river Wye? It looks a bit like the view from Symonds Yat, which would make it a few miles into England (from Wales)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyK)
    In the winter it's amazing because there are no tourists. And any time I've been it's surprisingly warm- that water is still flowing, but the railings have all frozen from the mist.
    Ah wow that's surprising. Which part of Canada are you from?
    I'd love to revisit to be honest, the week I went was pretty rushed.

Three things I really hated
    1 - the fact that taxis would overcharge us because we were tourists. They'd make up new rules and a 20 minute drive would work out to about 100 dollars +
    2 - we ordered a few pizzas to a hotel and one 12 inch was 50 dollars. WHAAAT?!
    3 - If we asked where the nearest Wendy's or whatever was, people in Canada would be like "ah it's just down the road and turn left"... But down the road means 40 minutes. Everything is so far, nothing is walking distance

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZRO)
    Yeah it sure is!! Yeah the summers are very hot, can hit up to 40 degrees at times which is amazing! Yeah due to humidity can get some storms lol. haha the winters aren't bad, go around february time lol.

Uhmm moved to the UK for a bit for Uni then will see what happens from there.
    What do you reckon to the UK lol
    Which part of Canada were you from and what are you studying in Uni ATM?

Posted from TSR iPad

(Original post by kingkong95)
    Is that the river Wye? It looks a bit like the view from Symonds Yat, which would make it a few miles into England (from Wales)
    I think it very well could be. I wasn't sure where I was at the time. I asked the people from my group and half of them said Wales and the other half England. I know we were standing on some platform and some wooden buildings and stuff behind us with walking bridges.

ReputationRep:
    What do you reckon to the UK lol
    Which part of Canada were you from and what are you studying in Uni ATM?

Posted from TSR iPad
    Haha I reckon the UK is pretty good! However sometimes the people don't seem as friendly and depressed :confused: Weather is ok, however usually rains alot over the summer haha.

Uhmm Toronto, and studying Biomedical Sciences here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarang_assa)

And I know some may consider it cliche but Haat Maya in Thailand is the most beautiful beach I've been on (followed closely by Haat Yao)
    Is that the one from James Bond?

And lol you should visit Switzerland in winter!

ReputationRep:
    Oh and this is where I lived up until this year:

Very beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Ah wow that's surprising. Which part of Canada are you from?
    I'd love to revisit to be honest, the week I went was pretty rushed.

Three things I really hated
    1 - the fact that taxis would overcharge us because we were tourists. They'd make up new rules and a 20 minute drive would work out to about 100 dollars +
    2 - we ordered a few pizzas to a hotel and one 12 inch was 50 dollars. WHAAAT?!
    3 - If we asked where the nearest Wendy's or whatever was, people in Canada would be like "ah it's just down the road and turn left"... But down the road means 40 minutes. Everything is so far, nothing is walking distance
    Posted from TSR iPad
    My family lives a few hours north of Toronto.

I get the impression that's a massive generalisation. I've never paid that much for a pizza in Canada, or anywhere else in the world. But it depends on where you've ordered it from I guess. I don't have a problem with the fact that things aren't walkable. My favourite thing about Canada is the wide open roads. It's not unusual for me to jump in my car on a Saturday in the summer and go for a 10hour drive 'just because'. But from a tourist perspective I can understand that would be frustrating if you want to walk everywhere.

ReputationRep:

I get the impression that's a massive generalisation. I've never paid that much for a pizza in Canada, or anywhere else in the world. But it depends on where you've ordered it from I guess. I don't have a problem with the fact that things aren't walkable. My favourite thing about Canada is the wide open roads. It's not unusual for my to jump in my car on a Saturday in the summer and go for a 10hour drive 'just because'. But from a tourist perspective I can understand that would be frustrating if you want to walk everywhere.
    Yeah your right, I've never paid 50 bucks for a pizza haha! He must have stayed at an expensive hotel!! Omg thats exactly like me, I love how open Canada is. I mean sometimes we just drive hours and hours, and sometimes take detours into the US for some shopping :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tufto)
    The greatest city in the world (in my opinion, anyway). The view across the Bosphorus at night is magnificent.

Attachment 205784

But the view from Delphi is probably the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. It's even better at twilight. Pictures cannot capture how breathtaking it is.

Attachment 205783

Delphi in the West of Ireland? Love Conemara/Mayo. The Atlantic light is hard to descirbe.

ReputationRep:
    Dubai So pretty.

ReputationRep:

I get the impression that's a massive generalisation. I've never paid that much for a pizza in Canada, or anywhere else in the world. But it depends on where you've ordered it from I guess. I don't have a problem with the fact that things aren't walkable. My favourite thing about Canada is the wide open roads. It's not unusual for me to jump in my car on a Saturday in the summer and go for a 10hour drive 'just because'. But from a tourist perspective I can understand that would be frustrating if you want to walk everywhere.

(Original post by ZRO)
    Yeah your right, I've never paid 50 bucks for a pizza haha! He must have stayed at an expensive hotel!! Omg thats exactly like me, I love how open Canada is. I mean sometimes we just drive hours and hours, and sometimes take detours into the US for some shopping :cool:
    The three annoyances I listed were minor to be honest. Don't get me wrong it wouldn't stop me moving there. I'd also love to go on long drives etc. The things I loved about the place would be too long to list. Beautiful place.

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    Dubai So pretty.
    Yeah I quite liked Dubai too, wouldn't go again though

Posted from TSR iPad
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Is that the one from James Bond?

And lol you should visit Switzerland in winter!
    Not sure about JamesBond but its the beach from The Beach!

I can imagine its completely different in winter!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tufc)
    Salzburg? Definitely Austria I think. Those churches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarang_assa)
    Not sure about JamesBond but its the beach from The Beach!

I can imagine its completely different in winter!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    The Man With The Golden Gun location: Scaramanga’s hideout: Khow-Ping-Kan, Phang Nga Bay, Thailand

I guess not the same. But Thailand has amazing beaches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danny111)
    Salzburg? Definitely Austria I think. Those churches.
    Yeah, it's Salzburg

I have a lot of family there, so I've been quite a few times, but the culture, architecture, scenery and people take my breath away every time!

ReputationRep:
    Kotor! Montenegro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.