Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanS94)
    Green Day -this is mainly due to many people adoring them when they aren't that great, I swear they play the same 3 chords in their songs.
    4 chords actually

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The majority of American "rappers". Lil Wayne, 2 Chainz, Rick Ross... and then there's Nicki Minaj like everyone else keeps saying. The fact that 2 Chainz is considered a rapper says a lot about people's standards nowdays. Also 50 Cent and Jay Z, although I do accept that Jay Z has a small amount of talent. Kanye West has some good music but he is probably one of the people I would most like to punch in the face.

The fact that "funny songs" (which aren't actually that funny), like Gangnam Style and any LMFAO song, are actually considered "music" confuses me.

Example is probably the biggest c*** in British music, considering that our artists tend to be slightly better than American ones. He actually said that he thinks he's better than pop artists because he makes "cool dance music" (those were his actual words), yet his songs are played on pop radio and he actually said he'd like to write a song for One Direction, who are about as pop as it gets.

ReputationRep:
    pretty much chart music in general, not all of it obviously but stuff like one direction, JLS, etc. and rap :/

ReputationRep:
    This might be unpopular opinion, but Christina Aguilera.

People worship her and think she has this amazing voice.
    Sure, she kind of has a natural gift, but she has no idea how to use it!
    Her technique is TERRIBLE. All her notes above a C5 are just so forced.
    Her voice used to be light when she was younger, and although it would get heavier as she gets older anyway, it's been quickened by her unhealthy technique. She also gives herself that big voice by lowering her Larynx.
    I also like vibrato in singers, and her unhealthy technique rarely allows her to have a nice, full vibrato.
    It's a wonder how she's still able to speak, let alone sing.

I also notice that she's out of tune sometimes when singing live.

And everyone says "She's so soulful!" because she shouts and uses vocal runs all the time.
    Vocal run​s do not automatically create soul.

She has some catchy songs, though.

ReputationRep:
    The Wanted are ugly sluts that do not have the ability to sing and rely on mimicing. p.s One direction are the best act ever and those who do not agree and jelous because they dont have what it takes and esp. dont have the looks.

ReputationRep:
    Bland indie bands. They seem to breed horrible indie fans that have a really snobby music taste and look much more like a sheep than a 'mainstream' music fan. The Vaccines, Two Door Cinema Club, etc. Oh, you can't wait for their new album to come out? Why, so you can listen to 45 minutes of the same 3 and a half minute song over again and then say how it's 'real music' because they use 'real instruments'? :rolleyes:

Oh, and Oli Sykes. If you know the name then you'll know why. Vile little man, he's a **** and has even been a **** to some friends of mine at a concert.

ReputationRep:
    Rihanna. Can't sing, can't play an instrument, doesn't write her own lyrics, can't dance, isn't good looking, so what is it she does exactly?

ReputationRep:
    Oh... Beyoncé + Destiny's Child, I have a lifelong HATRED for all of them. Neyo is so BS, I'm really disappointed with Calvin Harris for having anything to do with him. Also, 2 Chainz, Tyga, Rick Ross, the rest of them(that literally make no sense) who just destroy what music really is.

ReputationRep:
    Anything and everything from the charts apart from the odd decent song that makes it in their. Generally all Hip-hop, RnB and Pop. Other than that, just some of the really crappy metal/rock bands that care too much for their appearance and let the music suffer (Black Veil Brides as example).

ReputationRep:
    Every boyband, singer, artist who teenage girls scream for at concerts, like so many pictures of them on facebook until the point that it is all you see on your news feed and those girls who talk about all their favourite bands latest twitter posts and videos and how this girl touched Justin Biebers shoe (seriously do something about your life please because we all just look at you and in our heads think "do you seriously hear the bulls**t spilling from your lips?"). Those people are the reason why people like me just mindlessly hate them all.

ReputationRep:
    Bastille. Everyone boosts off them, and I can't stand them.

ReputationRep:
    My Dad brought me up on Classic Rock, Metal ect. Guns 'n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeath and all those types of bands. I really like 'Screamo' such as Lamb of God, Death Stars... I love Linkin Park, Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Green day, Blood on the dance floor and All time low.
    I also like 60's,70's and 80's music too.

However, todays music is awful. Nikki Minaj looks like a female Gremlin, Justin Bieber is nothing short of a girl. One direction are just a ridiculous, auto tuned boy band with no hope. I dislike Adele, as I think she is so overrated and most things that are in the charts. I dislike rappers, apart from Eminem as he is good. R&B is also rubbish.
    Sorry for the hate, but I just think that modern hits of today, is just all time junk :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klazza)
    My Dad brought me up on Classic Rock, Metal ect. Guns 'n' Roses, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeath and all those types of bands. I really like 'Screamo' such as Lamb of God, Death Stars... I love Linkin Park, Fall out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Green day, Blood on the dance floor and All time low.
    I also like 60's,70's and 80's music too.

However, todays music is awful. Nikki Minaj looks like a female Gremlin, Justin Bieber is nothing short of a girl. One direction are just a ridiculous, auto tuned boy band with no hope. I dislike Adele, as I think she is so overrated and most things that are in the charts. I dislike rappers, apart from Eminem as he is good. R&B is also rubbish.
    Sorry for the hate, but I just think that modern hits of today, is just all time junk :-)
    i second this especially lp

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Florence and the Machine -.- stop with the screeching, woman!

ReputationRep:
    justin bieber - never liked his music or his fans and his activity in london (2 hours late on stage, incidents with the papperazzi) proves he is a horrible person as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klazza)
    I dislike rappers, apart from Eminem as he is good.
    Only Eminem? How many rappers have you heard? You have to look for good Hip-Hop, don't let people like Drake or Lil' Wayne influence your opinion on the genre or rappers as a whole.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VwfYCFYZws

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F22yKJRZoZc

ReputationRep:
    Taylor ****ING Swift!! Argh, why hasn't one of her delirious fan killed the ***** yet? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Conor Maynard.

ReputationRep:
    Blood on the Dance Floor

if you listen to them you are a terrible person.

ReputationRep:
    Coldplay, Taylor Swift, The Wanted, Coldplay, Any artist that starts with 'DJ', Pitbull, Coldplay, Rihanna, Rita Ora, Coldplay, The Script, Minaj, Coldplay

Did I mention Coldplay?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 17, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.