Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    Although I'm happy that a team from Bundesliga will win the champions league after 12 years again, I'm sympathetic to Dortmund and in contrast to you I give them credits to can do it. And although I dislike Bayern, I have to confess that the team has it deserve to win the final, if I consider the whole season both in Bundesliga and champions league.
    Yeah, I don't deny it. I think that Bayern Munich are a fantastic team and they definitely deserve to win the Champions League..... Also, I don't think the final is going to be a walkover, I just feel that Bayern will really want to win this one now.....

I'm a Brentford fan.

Like: Swansea, Charlton, Barnet, Hampton and Richmond Borough, Hanwell Town, Stoke, Chievo Verona, Castel di Sangro, Portsmouth, Montrose, the North Korean womens national team.
    Dislike: QPR, Luton, Birmingham City, MK Dons, Chelsea, Gillingham, AFC Wimbledon, Rangers.

I should explain some of those. Swansea and Stoke are on there because a few years ago they were in a similar position to Brentford. They've both got to the Premier League fairly sensibly and I'd love it if we could emulate that at some point. We aren't as big a club as Stoke, but we're probably not too far off where Swansea have been in the past. If we get there I'd prefer us to play like Swansea than like Stoke. I mean, ideally, I'd like us to play like the 1970s Brazilian team, but I'm aware that that's not going to happen.

Charlton I've always had a soft spot for and I'm not sure why. Barnet are where my Grandad used to live - I loved their stadium and the fact that they were the 'Other Bees'. Sad to see them drop out of the football league. Hampton and Richmond Borough is one of my favourite away days pre-season and a mate played for Hanwell Town (since signed by a slightly bigger club, Slough, but I can't bring myself to like anything from Slough). Chievo and Castel di Sangro I don't have time to go into. Portsmouth I've always liked, apart from when 'Arry managed them, and I'm hoping they'll bounce back to being a Championship side or something. Montrose - just a long standing joke. I went to see the North Korean womens team at the Olympics, and it was brilliant. So many songs fit them so well! "Kim Jong-Un's RED AARRRRRRMYYY!"

As for the dislikes - QPR... well I'm a Brentford fan. We're conditioned into disliking them. They tried to buy us out a few decades ago and there were proper scummy QPR fans at school. Their conduct the last two seasons has also been pretty sad. Glad they've gone down, hope we go up and get to play them next season. Luton are a scummy club full of horrible fans and deserve to be languishing in the Conference. Never heard as much racism as at Luton games. MK Dons are pretty obvious from the point of view of a lower league fan but AFC less so. I desperately wanted to like them. Then I went to a match - they beat Tamworth or someone 4-0. Their fans are just awful, obnoxious and full of it. They seem to think they have a god-given right to be in the Premier League, which I could begin to understand if Wimbledon had been an established top tier team for the majority of their history. They're foul to opposition fans, there were a large minority who really thought their players should have been in the England team while they were in the Conference South and I just wish that the club matched the politics of why it was started. I feel sorry for Wimbledon fans who lost their club, but nothing for fans of the new AFC Wimbledon. Gillingham are a pretty nasty lot as well. And I've only met one nice Rangers fan... he'll probably read this

ReputationRep:
    Supports:
    Plymouth Argyle and Leeds United.

Spurs, Brighton, Swansea City, Portsmouth, Leyton Orient and AFC Wimbledon.

Dislikes:
    Exeter City, Man United, Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Sheffield United, Crawley Town, Fleetwood Town, The team that Steve Evans is currently managing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Lol @ the fact that most people here dislike Manchester United and Chelsea.
    Chelsea have a racist fan base and are bankrolled by a Russian gangster. Not hard to understand why they're disliked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boner in joggers)
    Chelsea have a racist fan base and are bankrolled by a Russian gangster. Not hard to understand why they're disliked.
    I didn't question why the club is disliked - not sure why you're telling me this as if I didn't know. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Support Manchester United

Like:
    Oldham Athletic
    Tottenham Hotspur

Dislike:
    Manchester City
    Liverpool

ReputationRep:
    dislike - Leicester.

ReputationRep:
    Dislike -

Watford
    Crawley Town
    MK Dons (Franchise FC)
    Millwall
    Sheffield United
    Leeds

Not sure if you can tell i'm a Luton fan haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hbk4894)
    dislike - Leicester.
    Amen this man.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Well, other than Leicester I've soft spots for Bradford (go to uni there) and Cowdenbeath (dad's side of the family from there).

As for teams I don't like:

Watford - tinpot club, fans have possibly the biggest delusions of grandeur I've ever seen (and I'm counting the Florist fans in this) and have gone down a completely unethical route to get to the P/O final, potentially ****ing over the future of football in the process.
    Udinese - For being associated with watford
    Grenada - Same as udinese
    Stoke - pathetic fans: if you win promotion at home on the final day of the season, why not ****ing celebrate that rather than goading the visitors, who were relegated by the result?
    Sevco - cheats, vile little club as well. Not too fond of celtic in that respect, but Martin O'God managed them, Guppy played for them and Lennon currently manages them
    Florist - delusions of grandeur: winning the champions league 20 years ago doesn't make you a big club. Oh, and also their fans are knuckle-dragging racist *****.
    Brizzle City - Same as Florist, window-licking fools who think that derogatory chants about a city's ethnic makeup are clever and acceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Luton are a scummy club full of horrible fans and deserve to be languishing in the Conference. Never heard as much racism as at Luton games.
    As a former season ticket holder i've never heard any racism at Kenilworth Road apart from when Millwall sang 'where's your taliban' to us in FA Cup this season.

Got any examples? And before you say that the EDL was created by Luton fans, the vast majority are now banned from Kenilworth Road, and those that aren't don't actively sing racist songs as they would be banned and arrested also.

ReputationRep:
    No better than Fester fans singing about the Cov blitz or openly shouting 'Fecking homos' at people in Brighton city centre.

Every club has muppets attached to them ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Dislike: Coventry- pointless club. Seemed to have found their level in league 1.
    Stoke- Play rugby.
    Manchester United- Glory hunting fans(most of them).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DP-LCFC)
    Dislike: Coventry- pointless club. Seemed to have found their level in league 1.
    Stoke- Play rugby
    Manchester United- Glory hunting fans(most of them)
    Muppet.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by rosscmullins)
    As a former season ticket holder i've never heard any racism at Kenilworth Road apart from when Millwall sang 'where's your taliban' to us in FA Cup this season.

Got any examples? And before you say that the EDL was created by Luton fans, the vast majority are now banned from Kenilworth Road, and those that aren't don't actively sing racist songs as they would be banned and arrested also.
    Don't really think it's appropriate for me to re-post racist chants on here.

Very pleased to hear that EDL Luton fans are now banned. Maybe next time I come along to a match at your place I'll change my mind about the club.

ReputationRep:

Very pleased to hear that EDL Luton fans are now banned. Maybe next time I come along to a match at your place I'll change my mind about the club.
    My housemate's a QPR ST holder, he had a little gloat on your fate by text from Liverpool. Apparently he's been on the pitch at Griffin Park. I previously queried 'wouldn't it be great to do it again?' He said no, too scared of losing to you. Fair enough, QPR are in tatters and Brentford aren't. Nailed on Mbia would concede a few penalties on purpose.

By the way I personally wanted you to win today, I quite like Rosler and I'd love to draw you in the cup. Although Szczesny played for you and I loathe him with every bone in my body.

ReputationRep:

If they just sit and watch the game, then I think its a terrible thing to ban a supporter from a stadium for their political views.

(Original post by rockrunride)
    My housemate's a QPR ST holder, he had a little gloat on your fate by text from Liverpool. Apparently he's been on the pitch at Griffin Park. I previously queried 'wouldn't it be great to do it again?' He said no, too scared of losing to you. Fair enough, QPR are in tatters and Brentford aren't. Nailed on Mbia would concede a few penalties on purpose.

By the way I personally wanted you to win today, I quite like Rosler and I'd love to draw you in the cup. Although Szczesny played for you and I loathe him with every bone in my body.
    He can gloat all he wants from the foot of the PL. I'd have loved to play them again too. Hopefully we'll be above them next year, but I don't think we've got much chance of signing any of our loanees besides Bidwell, who hasn't been the same player the second half of this season.

Thanks. Would be happy to draw you in a cup too (obvs).

(Original post by Zürich)
    If they just sit and watch the game, then I think its a terrible thing to ban a supporter from a stadium for their political views.
    Right, but that wasn't what was happening in my experience of going to away games at Luton. Inside the ground I've heard Brentford's African players being abused and outside the ground non-white mates of mine who've come to games with me have had racism hurled at them by blokes in Luton kits.

As an aside, fascism and racism are more than just 'a political view', but let's not get into that because it's not directly relevant to the experience I was referring to in my original post about racism at Kenilworth Road.

ReputationRep:
    Right, but that wasn't what was happening in my experience of going to away games at Luton. Inside the ground I've heard Brentford's African players being abused and outside the ground non-white mates of mine who've come to games with me have had racism hurled at them by blokes in Luton kits.

As an aside, fascism and racism are more than just 'a political view', but let's not get into that because it's not directly relevant to the experience I was referring to in my original post about racism at Kenilworth Road.
    Well fair enough.

But Fascism does not necessitate racism by any means. Its a political view in the same way that democracy is a political view. Politics should have no place in football anyway, and I always feel uncomfortable when someone tries to divide people into the righteous and non-righteous because of their opinions.

ReputationRep:
    I cannot stand Liverpool fans or the team for that respect. The only player i really respect is Steven Gerrard. All the fans seem to hate on every other team when theirs is diabolical.

I do like however: West Brom and Everton for punching above their weight. I love when clubs beat the money ladder for example Celtic reaching the last 16 of the champions league

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.