Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashleyd)
    For the last question i initially mentioned the introduction of interactive boards and how they've influenced learning. I then made soemthing up about a holographic device that would create scenarios given by teachers; teachers tend to use examples in order to convey the concept of a task to students so a visual accomplyis would greatly help students in learning and the disadvantage being partially sited people may not be able to se the holograms :/. I also made something up about a massive iPad basically instead of a board at the front of the class haha! Who knows man
    Even if you have made up things you should get the marks if your impacts and consequences are plausible. I made up a software-based learning system and robot teachers and my IT teacher said that my answers should be fine as long as the impacts and consequences matched my developments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    Batch + interactive are what I put too. They should be correct. Interactive prevents double bookings so it was suitable for the second question.
    Damn I'm really nervous because I got this one wrong and I think the television one because it was so weirdly worded. Not much chapter 3/4 stuff which I revised the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Damn I'm really nervous because I got this one wrong and I think the television one because it was so weirdly worded. Not much chapter 3/4 stuff which I revised the most.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How was the television one weirdly worded? I can't remember that question.

You are right, there was hardly any chapter 3 or 4 stuff. I was expecting there to be lots of questions about distributed databases (thankfully there were none ). Also expected there to be a question about explaining how satellites/phone calls work but that also didn't come up. There was nothing on the Model Human Processor, expert systems, role of reviews, codes of conduct or professional bodies.

The Gantt chart was a bit unexpected; well the need to draw one was.

ReputationRep:
    Was the final question on student learning in general or learning at home? Was really rushed for time in that exam so I feel that many of my answers were poor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Distraction)
    Was the final question on student learning in general or learning at home? Was really rushed for time in that exam so I feel that many of my answers were poor
    How hardware + software developments are changing, or might change the way that students learn. Something like this was the question. It was about learning in general, not just at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    How was the television one weirdly worded? I can't remember that question.

You are right, there was hardly any chapter 3 or 4 stuff. I was expecting there to be lots of questions about distributed databases (thankfully there were none ). Also expected there to be a question about explaining how satellites/phone calls work but that also didn't come up. There was nothing on the Model Human Processor, expert systems, role of reviews, codes of conduct or professional bodies.

The Gantt chart was a bit unexpected; well the need to draw one was.
    Evaluate the impact on broadcasters and digital television?

I think that was it. Completely threw me off. Anyway, I had revised distributed databases, how phone calls work, expert systems, MHP in such depth and didn't pay as much attention to chapters 1 and 2 which has definitely affected my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    How hardware + software developments are changing, or might change the way that students learn. Something like this was the question. It was about learning in general, not just at home.
    THANK GOD!!!! :2euk48l::banana::bigsmile::bigsmile::badger:

ReputationRep:
    THANK GOD!!!! :2euk48l::banana::bigsmile::bigsmile::badger:
    Did you write a lot about developments at school rather than at home then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    Did you write a lot about developments at school rather than at home then?
    I was really rushed for time and only had about five minutes to answer the question so my points were very brief and probably incorrect but I wrote about:

Improved analysis software to display exam results < doesn't effect the way they learn -.- probably 0.

Electronic entry cards to gain access to the school - I know this isn't directly related to learning and I will probably get 0 marks but I remember a similar question where this was acceptable.

Interactive holograms which students can interact with < probably the only point that I will get marks for.

Also my Gantt chart was misaligned and my duration were wrong because of the rushing... so I will probably score 0 for that too.

Edit: The reason I was happy with it being learning in general is because the potential 3/4 marks for my correct point could be the difference between a grade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Evaluate the impact on broadcasters and digital television?

I think that was it. Completely threw me off. Anyway, I had revised distributed databases, how phone calls work, expert systems, MHP in such depth and didn't pay as much attention to chapters 1 and 2 which has definitely affected my grade.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I put something along the lines of broadcasters will have increased revenue thanks to pay-per-view programmes and in some shows (Big Brother, Strictly, BGT) there is voting (which is quite expensive really) that the public take part in. I wrote some other things too but can't remember exactly.

I was really rushed for time and only had about five minutes to answer the question so my points were very brief and probably incorrect but I wrote about:

Improved analysis software to display exam results < doesn't effect the way they learn -.- probably 0.

Electronic entry cards to gain access to the school - I know this isn't directly related to learning and I will probably get 0 marks but I remember a similar question where this was acceptable.

Interactive holograms which students can interact with < probably the only point that I will get marks for.

Also my Gantt chart was misaligned and my duration were wrong because of the rushing... so I will probably score 0 for that too.
    Had you ever seen a Gantt chart drawing question before? I hadn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zytex)
    Had you ever seen a Gantt chart drawing question before? I hadn't.
    Nope it was quite odd but they may give basic marks for small things like labeling x axis as duration... just hoping for low grade boundaries now.

ReputationRep:
    data protection act. didn't see that one coming

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacobb95)
    data protection act. didn't see that one coming
    There was always the possibility it could come up as they can ask about AS topics. However I too was not expecting it at as it was on one of the more recent papers.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what to think about how the exam went today.
    I got completely stuck on the protocol question - it flew out of my mind!
    But looking at the answers some of you are giving I'm really unsure how the grade will turn out now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMolyneux)
    I'm not sure what to think about how the exam went today.
    I got completely stuck on the protocol question - it flew out of my mind!
    But looking at the answers some of you are giving I'm really unsure how the grade will turn out now.
    Just because you have not put some of the answers you see on here does not necessarily mean you are incorrect; it is possible the answers posted here may not be correct and in fact your answers are. It is best to not worry and move your focus onto other exams if you still have any.

ReputationRep:
    What raw marks does everyone think they got?
    I think I lost at least 30... on the data protection, the spreadsheet one, and a few on the last.
    For the operating systems, I wrote multi user for the airline booking one, rather than interactive

ReputationRep:
    i'm really frustrated because i have definitely lost marks on the last question on the gant chart for a stupid reason so that is 6 down the drain and i don't think i've put enough detail for the essay but i guess we cant do anything about it now

ReputationRep:
    The exam was terrible ahhh
    I got a B last year and now that grade is deffinately down the drain.
    What was with all the evaluate questions?! That was random.. and the gantt chart.. urrggghhhh OCR damn you

ReputationRep:
    What did people think of the Gantt Chart Question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RRAWE)
    What did people think of the Gantt Chart Question
    It was quite unexpected, never seen a question like that before.

Luckily i made one in my coursework which really helped.

The "Justify" and "Evaluate" questions were also unexpected as i was only taught about describe, explain, compare and discuss questions.

I think it went well overall though, need to get a A in ICT overall but i did well in my coursework and my exam last year which will help.

What did you think about it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.