Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which country is the best in the world? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which country is the best in the world?
    Britain
    15.04%
    Britain
    2.26%
    Britain
    3.76%
    Britain
    3.76%
    Britain
    6.02%
    Britain
    3.76%
    Britain
    8.27%
    Britain
    9.77%
    Britain
    6.77%
    Britain
    6.77%
    Britain
    9.77%
    Britain
    6.77%
    Britain
    4.51%
    Britain
    4.51%
    Britain
    2.26%
    Britain
    6.02%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkertailor)
    LOL someone's butthurt
    I am, very.

Firstly with regards to living standards, I was talking about children and not Britain overall. Children are our future and yet it's often documented by various researchers, organisations like the OECD that children living in the UK suffer the worst living standards in the western world.
    Care to post any links?
    I find it hard to believe that a British child has it worse than say, Chile. That sounds like poppycock.

Now I know South Korea don't have as high an income as us, I never said that.
    Yeah, you did.

But in every other department they trump us. They have better healthcare, better education, better high speed broadband and better public services.
    -Dubious- the last WHO report in 2000 put the UK well above South Korea, and total output in the NHS has increased massively since then.
    -True, but we do trump them easily in University rankings, and one report put us 6th, only 4 places behind them
    -Not going to argue with that
    -Conjecture
    Regardless, that's all of four cherry picked areas you've attempted to compare us.

The UK is inferior to the likes of Japan and Korea there and we're inferior to the US as a capitalist country. The healthcare that we love to boast about? It's sub standard compared to the likes of France and Japan.
    Blah blah blah that's a whole load of nice conjecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    I am, very.

Care to post any links?
    I find it hard to believe that a British child has it worse than say, Chile. That sounds like poppycock.

Yeah, you did.

-Dubious- the last WHO report in 2000 put the UK well above South Korea, and total output in the NHS has increased massively since then.
    -True, but we do trump them easily in University rankings, and one report put us 6th, only 4 places behind them
    -Not going to argue with that
    -Conjecture
    Regardless, that's all of four cherry picked areas you've attempted to compare us.

Blah blah blah that's a whole load of nice conjecture.
    what do you think of the current state of the British NHS?

ReputationRep:
    Can't we all just be human and leave it at that, man...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Telecaster Steak)
    Can't we all just be human and leave it at that, man...
    No! You evil evil evil leftie! I bet you think men should wear skirts and be proud! I bet you think cats are better than dogs! Get out, get out of here and read Twilight haha I bet you think you're a vampire!

ReputationRep:
    I hate the whole concept of having 'countries'. It's an idiotic Idea.

This is a planet and I believe no one has the right to deny someone entry to another part of this planet..

How would you like it if you went to mars and someone said 'no entry, you have no visa for this part of mars!'

It's pathetic just as is every aspect of politics. It's a flawed corrupt system and it's about time the inhabitants of this planet realized that!

ReputationRep:
    North Korea?

ReputationRep:
    USA by a huge margin.

ReputationRep:
    Somalia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    Pakistan
    Went to visit Pakistan the other day, he asked me not to call him that

Spoiler:
    Show
    paki stan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by other one)
    what do you think of the current state of the British NHS?
    Pretty good considering the relatively small funding it gets compared to other nations.

ReputationRep:
    England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcus2001)
    Went to visit Pakistan the other day, he asked me not to call him that

Spoiler:
    Show
    paki stan
    uwat?

ReputationRep:
    Denmark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Creat0r)
    No! You evil evil evil leftie! I bet you think men should wear skirts and be proud! I bet you think cats are better than dogs! Get out, get out of here and read Twilight haha I bet you think you're a vampire!
    Well I bet you sit in your chair next to the fire, in your tweed jacket, sipping brandy, while you contemplate the stock market!

ReputationRep:
    North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed-)
    England.
    Isn't a real country for several reasons

1) 'England'' doesn't have a leader, the prime minister rules the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2) You can't get an 'English' passport you get a passport for the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

3) there is no English army, English navy or English airforce, there is a British army British navy and British Air Force

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UKBrah)
    ok then

Find:
    \displaystyle\lim_{n\to \infty}  \displaystyle\sum_{r=1}^{n}\frac  {1}{(5+3r)(2+3r)}
    That's just a telescoping series, seperate partial fractions, cancel middle terms, leaves the answer. I've got better things to do then calculate it.

ReputationRep:
    CM Punk.

ReputationRep:
    Australia
    Or one of the scandinavian countries.

ReputationRep:
    Kazakhstan is the greatest country in the world.

Women are now allowed on the inside of buses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.