Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

F581/ F582 Economics June 2013 watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: How hard did we find this exam ?
    so hard i felt like crying through the exam
    12.50%
    very difficult , but one or two were alright
    12.50%
    fairly standard
    31.73%
    quite easy , with one or two hard ones
    33.65%
    so easy i felt like dancing throughout the exam
    9.62%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    AD/AS definitions is heaaaaaveeeen - even better ones would be definitions for cost-push and demand-pull inflation hahaha

yeah same , definitely effectiveness of a demand-side policy - i find the supply-side would be slightly harder to write about and as you said exam pressure would get to me haha ! :d

that said , the two topics where an essay hasnt come up in a long time and hasn't come up at ALL - are unemployment and the balance of payments respectively . So chances are it's gonna be on one of those two , REALLY hoping to all gods that its not on BoP !!
    if it's BoP I'm dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    if it's BoP I'm dead
    I don't think it will be on BoP as there hasn't been an 18 mark essay on it before, it might come up as a 6 or 8 marker. I think it might be based on 'expansionary fiscal policy always benefiting an economy' or 'what is more beneficial for growth fiscal or monetary?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daniel5027)
    I don't think it will be on BoP as there hasn't been an 18 mark essay on it before, it might come up as a 6 or 8 marker. I think it might be based on 'expansionary fiscal policy always benefiting an economy' or 'what is more beneficial for growth fiscal or monetary?'
    I'd like that one tbh, sounds much better than a BoP one, you can talk about so much. I wouldn't mind a standard one either about economic growth, inflation, AD, AS, unemployment seems likely

ReputationRep:
    I'd like that one tbh, sounds much better than a BoP one, you can talk about so much. I wouldn't mind a standard one either about economic growth, inflation, AD, AS, unemployment seems likely
    yeah whilst it hasnt come up - my teacher was saying its unlikely to as apparently loads of year 12's across the country every year somehow cannot understand the BoP properly ( not surprised why , its weird ! ) so if it's a 6-8 marker then i can cope with those , not as an 18 marker haha

an unemployment one would be really nice as in evaluation you can talk about the different types of unemployment - just another thing to lengthen and make your essay better
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Fas)
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    Thanks for helping and clarifying what the unemployment rate is

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking this exam too. Everyone ready?

ReputationRep:
    If there is any question about Balance of Payments, or Current Accounts , i am screwed. I need 82/100 for an A overall as i got 78/100 in F581 in jan

ReputationRep:
    I dunno but I'm feeling like this Monday's focus may be on the circular flow of income - The movement of income and spending around an economy.

It hasn't been a big part of the past papers. Also BoP may just come up too.
    Propensity to Save and Spend hasn't come up either though I doubt you'll have to do calculations for it but maybe a definition.

Propensity to Save - The percentage of income that people are save

Propensity to Spend -The percentage of income that people are able to spend
    But again I doubt it!

Also, have the definition of Privatisation ready too - The transfer of assets from the public to private sector.

And now that I think about it, they haven't given deregulation as a specific factor of supply-side policy to discuss or comment upon, so you may want to think about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NPETER)
    I dunno but I'm feeling like this Monday's focus may be on the circular flow of income - The movement of income and spending around an economy.

It hasn't been a big part of the past papers. Also BoP may just come up too.
    Propensity to Save and Spend hasn't come up either though I doubt you'll have to do calculations for it but maybe a definition.

Propensity to Save - The percentage of income that people are save

Propensity to Spend -The percentage of income that people are able to spend
    But again I doubt it!

Also, have the definition of Privatisation ready too - The transfer of assets from the public to private sector.

And now that I think about it, they haven't given deregulation as a specific factor of supply-side policy to discuss or comment upon, so you may want to think about that.
    thats some really useful stuff , thanks bud ! which supply-side policies have they given in previous exams to discuss and comment upon , cos i can only remember the ones where it asks you to explain two forms of proctectionism where you can pick anytwo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafan)
    I'm taking this exam too. Everyone ready?
    As ready as i'll ever be - what are you doing over the weekend to prepare yourself ? i think im just gonna be going over my notes and do the past paper or two - done all of them in class already :L

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo)
    If there is any question about Balance of Payments, or Current Accounts , i am screwed. I need 82/100 for an A overall as i got 78/100 in F581 in jan
    likewise i definitely WILL cry in that exam hall if BoP is the essay !!

ReputationRep:
    It highly likely that PROTECTIONISM will come up as an essay question or a 6-8 marker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popo)
    Yeah I got 90/100 in the last economics exam so I'm aiming for around the A mark as well

ReputationRep:
    Anyone retaking unit 1?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know the raw mark required to attain full ums in F581?

ReputationRep:
    I've got an A in my recent mock exam from a D I jumped to an A. All I did was learn everything in the text book which was summarised in my book and do hell lot of past papers and that's it. Past papers are essential for economics! Knowing the content got me a C and past papers got me the A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys, everyone seems to be talking about unemployment and economic growth for the essay question.. is anyone kind enough to summarise this for me? I'm not sure how i'd get 18marks worth of stuff down. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shaggyk)
    Does anyone know the raw mark required to attain full ums in F581?
    usually depends on the paper, but the threshold is around 56/60 for 100 UMS from what I've gathered.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CTArsenal)
    usually depends on the paper, but the threshold is around 56/60 for 100 UMS from what I've gathered.
    I believe jan 13 was 58/60 because for an A it was 48/60 and I got 50/60 which gave me 84ums

ReputationRep:
    I believe jan 13 was 58/60 because for an A it was 48/60 and I got 50/60 which gave me 84ums
    That doesn't necessarily mean that every raw mark after that was equivalent to two UMS marks though.

You could ask your teacher I guess, since mine know the threshold for 100 UMS for the different past papers somehow.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.