Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

FOOD AND DRINK: THE TSR Brekkie Cereal Champion! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I actually really like the taste of Special K :yep:

Special K.

I love the yoghurty and apricot versions, too.

ReputationRep:
    Special K

Shredded wheat is like a party in mouth where two clumps of people have gathered and no-one mingles and it's just darn awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Mini Morning Maximiser anyone?

From the heat winners it's gotta be crunchy nut clusters!

edit: negged for talking about cereal :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Special K

ReputationRep:
    Shredded Wheat.

ReputationRep:
    Shredded wheat for me please! When covered in sugar and milk they become delightful wheaty pillows, and super filling to boot.

Special K, aside from the ludicrous 'health benefits' it constantly flaps in our face, is in general an ok tasting cereal. But it has a weird aftertaste to me, sort of...metallic? This troubles me and thus I can't give my vote to them.

ReputationRep:
    Shredded wheat

ReputationRep:
    I did the Special K diet once 2 bowls, 2 meals, 2 weeks.. Lost 6lb as well but probably put it all back on straight after! I do actually like the taste of it though so I will vote Special K.

ReputationRep:
    Special K, mainly because I haven't tried the conventional version of Shredded Wheat and so can't judge it properly. Also, I have fond memories of that relatively recent Special K advert with the ridiculously hot woman losing her swimsuit in the pool. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    shredded wheat.
    i dont like either of them as cereal, but shredded wheat are the BEST when it comes to making chocolate nests at easter.

ReputationRep:
    Special K!

ReputationRep:
    THE WINNER IS KELLOGGS SPECIAL K!

Yes, the "Dieter's Dream" wins this bout - God knows how it won that moniker, though! The above shows one and a half portions of the 30g serving you're supposed to eat for an entire meal, twice a day, if you follow their diet. Special K Diet?! It's effectively the starvation diet, replace it with half a McDonalds Hamburger twice a day for the same results!

But heck, it's not the diet you love it for (I hope), it's the taste, right? That's why Special K blasts into round two, wiggling it's tiny bum in *that* little red dress!

ReputationRep:
    NEW HEAT!

KELLOGGS ALL-BRAN versus QUAKER OATS-SO-SIMPLE
    !

The first is often totally disregarded by the younger generation as "old-person cereal", but in reality it's an even-more-intense Bran Flakes taste, and incredibly filling, too! And though Weetabix Ready Brek made smooth porridge super simple, it's arguable the Quaker made it more grown-up friendly and popularised in the office workplace.

Both are perhaps a bit less childish on the palate than a lot of our other competitors, but probably provide a far, far more satisfying brekkie. So which one of these beasties fills not only your tummy, but your heart, with glee?

ReputationRep:
    Oat So Simple 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oat so Simple..my staple breakfast right there

ReputationRep:
    This is really tough. I've recently got into All Bran but do enjoy Oat So Simple if I manage to do it right...

My vote goes Oat so. More variety!

ReputationRep:
    Like both <3 But quakers are THE oats. So they get my vote

ReputationRep:
    Quakers oats

ReputationRep:
    All bran gives my mouth a work out!

My vote goes to oat so simple, especially with golden syrup

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.