Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Chelsea F.C vs Manchester United F.C, FA Cup QF Replay Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I don't understand why people keep saying this.

We have played pretty poorly all season. How can this be one of the best ever United squads when they play poorly each week? We usually still win, but play poorly while doing it.

Van Persie is also annoying me now. He had a great start to the season, but has disappeared for a couple months now. In the games we've really needed him, he's bottled it.
    My response would be that for the first time in history any side has won 25 out of their first 30 Premier League games. Something even the Treble winning squad didn't do. So it's a pretty strong squad, even with poor performances all season from some players.

I think v. Persie, Carrick, De Gea, Rafael and Vidic have been the heroes for me.

I don't think Danny Welbeck is good enough for the club. I'm still 50/50 on Cleverley.

If you think about how good our squad could be if these types of players were replaced with better ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nichrome)
    Hello there, I was just wondering how much you enjoyed watching Man U smash Chelsea 3-1? That Evans header was cheeky wasn't it?
    Haha fair enough we were awful and a bit of class from Ba was the difference ! Honestly did think we were gonna beat you but it wasn't to be ! We will win the league though and I seriously doubt you will win the FA cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    My response would be that for the first time in history any side has won 25 out of their first 30 Premier League games. Something even the Treble winning squad didn't do. So it's a pretty strong squad, even with poor performances all season from some players.

I think v. Persie, Carrick, De Gea, Rafael and Vidic have been the heroes for me.

I don't think Danny Welbeck is good enough for the club. I'm still 50/50 on Cleverley.

If you think about how good our squad could be if these types of players were replaced with better ones!
    Yeah, that's a great achievement by the squad, but I still don't see how it's anywhere near our best squad ever. We win, but play poorly. People say that great sides are only great when they can win while playing badly, but not for the entire season.

The only players I would say have been good for the majority of the season are Carrick, Rafael, Evans and De Gea. Van Persie was brilliant for the first half and has done nothing since then.

I like Welbeck, but he needs to learn to shoot properly. Whenever he gets anywhere near the box, his brain seems to stop working.

ReputationRep:
    What the **** were Man Utd on?

RvP on the bench for all of those crucial Premier League games?

Kagawa can't seem to buy a start, despite scoring a hattrick a few weeks back.

Nani is USELESS.

They play perhaps their best wide player at RB for 60 minutes.

Ashley Young, a c.£20m signing can't get much game time either.

Fergie got this very wrong.

Chelsea pressed them all over the pitch and gave Man Utd no space at all. Fergie's reluctance to play 3 in midfield proved costly this time as Carrick and Jones couldn't seem to get a foothold in the game. I do wonder how much longer Fergie is going to stick with 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 in games against sides like Chelsea. Should've stuck Smalling/Jones at RB, RvP upfront with Young/Kagawa to his right and left. I couldn't name you a central midfield 3 as they always tend to be so ineffectual. Perhaps Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, with Carrick dropping deep.

If United want to challenge for the Champions League, they need a proper gut buster in midfield. Someone like Ramires. An active player that doesn't disappear in games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackf1337)
    What the **** were Man Utd on?

RvP on the bench for all of those crucial Premier League games?

Kagawa can't seem to buy a start, despite scoring a hattrick a few weeks back.

Nani is USELESS.

They play perhaps their best wide player at RB for 60 minutes.

Ashley Young, a c.£20m signing can't get much game time either.

Fergie got this very wrong.

Chelsea pressed them all over the pitch and gave Man Utd no space at all. Fergie's reluctance to play 3 in midfield proved costly this time as Carrick and Jones couldn't seem to get a foothold in the game. I do wonder how much longer Fergie is going to stick with 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 in games against sides like Chelsea. Should've stuck Smalling/Jones at RB, RvP upfront with Young/Kagawa to his right and left. I couldn't name you a central midfield 3 as they always tend to be so ineffectual. Perhaps Carrick, Cleverley, Giggs, with Carrick dropping deep.

If United want to challenge for the Champions League, they need a proper gut buster in midfield. Someone like Ramires. An active player that doesn't disappear in games.
    Trust me, you won't want ramires. He has little to no end product. Most of his crosses and passes go to the opposition or for a throw in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Trust me, you won't want ramires. He has little to no end product. Most of his crosses and passes go to the opposition or for a throw in.
    I trust your judgement seeing as you're a Chelsea fan, I've always really highly rated him though.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.