The Student Room Group

barely legal drivers

Scroll to see replies

Just watched tonight's episode. Both terrible drivers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Just watched tonight's episode. Both terrible drivers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Watching it now, the girl is horrendous, haven't seen the guy driving yet.

This makes me feel so good about my driving :tongue:

Edit: is it just me or is the narrator being particularly bitchy this episode?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Watching it now, the girl is horrendous, haven't seen the guy driving yet.

This makes me feel so good about my driving :tongue:

Edit: is it just me or is the narrator being particularly bitchy this episode?

The narrator was being especially hilarious.

Similar to the come dine with me narrator.

I was introducing the gf to the show yesterday and she complained about the lack of driving. She reckons it would make a good half hour show without all the detailed character crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That guy could have caused a serious crash when he bounced off the curb at that tunnel.
Original post by Motorbiker
The narrator was being especially hilarious.

Similar to the come dine with me narrator.

I was introducing the gf to the show yesterday and she complained about the lack of driving. She reckons it would make a good half hour show without all the detailed character crap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they add more of that crap every episode.

I'd prefer an hour episode with 4 people just driving instead of 2 people sharing their life stories
Original post by UniMastermindBOSS
Yeah they add more of that crap every episode.

I'd prefer an hour episode with 4 people just driving instead of 2 people sharing their life stories

People watch for the hilarious driving and one of the montages of driving was literally about 45 seconds. It's like, ffs, we only get 3 of these per driver. Give us a decent amount.
The driving was terrible. How did they even get their licence? Like stalling? You learnt to avoid that in your first lesson :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kendellex
The driving was terrible. How did they even get their licence? Like stalling? You learnt to avoid that in your first lesson :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still happens to the best drivers, but only once in a blue moon. Not... all the time haha xD
I think the Mum of the guy this week was totally rude and out of order when the lady denied him his own car. I'm sorry but if he's dangerous and can't be trusted then he doesn't deserve his own car! Think she made herself look stupid! This week's episode I think definitely highlighted the errors of young drivers and I think many people will see them as stereotypical!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
Still happens to the best drivers, but only once in a blue moon. Not... all the time haha xD

I manage not to stall all the time. If I can avoid it in my (now dead) 1996 Micra anyone can!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's clear that the parents want's their kids to have a car but what stops them saying their being filmed about their driving, like some I think are just obvious like the guy in the last episode
The mum of the guy had issues. With such bad driving, how can you expect to win a car? This isn't a free giveaway like last season, Judith has some standards now, or at least less sexist standards.

Its almost scary how bad some of the driving is.
Original post by kendellex

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everybody stalls at some point even experienced drivers hahah my god pick up on the more serious things if you want to sit on your high horse :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dead101
Everybody stalls at some point even experienced drivers hahah my god pick up on the more serious things if you want to sit on your high horse :smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree that everybody can stall once in a while but that would be due to lack of attention not due to lack of ability/practise. The girl in the show had obviously forgotten some basic skills that she should have first revisited with an experienced driver next to her before being let out on her own. Stalling at a high speed road could have been fatal as people just don't expect it.
Original post by dada55
I agree that everybody can stall once in a while but that would be due to lack of attention not due to lack of ability/practise. The girl in the show had obviously forgotten some basic skills that she should have first revisited with an experienced driver next to her before being let out on her own. Stalling at a high speed road could have been fatal as people just don't expect it.

True. I thought we were referring to bit where she was at the junction on the hill and kept stalling because that's normal for new nervous drivers I'd say. Maybe not on a high speed road...how is that even possible ?
Original post by daisystones
I think the Mum of the guy this week was totally rude and out of order when the lady denied him his own car. I'm sorry but if he's dangerous and can't be trusted then he doesn't deserve his own car! Think she made herself look stupid! This week's episode I think definitely highlighted the errors of young drivers and I think many people will see them as stereotypical!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guy hits the kerb = Mom- Only survived because Jesus helped him
Doesnt get the car = Mom - Gets pissed off
Original post by College_Dropout

Ha - I'm sure Jesus will find a way to get him a car in the end :tongue:
Original post by dead101
True. I thought we were referring to bit where she was at the junction on the hill and kept stalling because that's normal for new nervous drivers I'd say. Maybe not on a high speed road...how is that even possible ?

My memory is already being tested but I was thinking about the road that she turned into and then stalled a few times, making the truck do a dangerous overtake. I don't even know why she stalled the first time there as she had already started going, I'm guessing she didn't change gears properly or something.
Original post by daisystones
Ha - I'm sure Jesus will find a way to get him a car in the end :tongue:

Original post by College_Dropout

The Lord will come to his aid one day.
Original post by AmbaLaBamba
The Lord will come to his aid one day.

Amen

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest