Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious to know, has any girl ever been with a guy who has all those characteristics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Climbontoyourseahorse)
    Ok, according to your profile you are 18. To have a boyfriend with a science degree, you're looking at guys age 21+. A lot of guys at even only 21 would have reservations about dating an 18 year old. To have a boyfriend with a PhD, you're looking at men who are at least in their late 20s. The vast majority of men that age would not date an 18 year old, and the ones who would are probably the ones to steer clear of. You're entitled to want what you want, but your specification is narrow. Qualifications do not make a person. And whilst you demand these accomplishments from a prospective boyfriend, do you think you can match up? Do you have a degree, a PhD? Do you honestly think you have anything intellectual to offer say a 28 year old man?
    Calm down? it's just a joke ROFL.
    Who said I'm having a 21 year old boyfriend at this age anyway? Maybe just for future reference

Plus I think you're taking this all way too seriously, maybe just a little? Why are you so angry?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pawsies)
    Most girls truthfully just look for the D.

I personally quite like a bloke to have:
    eyes
    ears
    nose
    hair
    body

I would be willing to compromise though
    This must be the first time I've met any womans expectations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klipspringer)
    My 'type' was always tall, clean shaven/stubbly, curly-haired, often blonde guys. My current boyfriend of 11 months? Shorter than me, short hair, beardy, a bit on the broad side, and 8 years older :P Basically, he ticks all my boxes for personality, we're incredibly compatible, and I've now developed a taste for a big hairy chest! I guess my point is that many of us will stray from the "ideal" picture in our heads if we suspect we've got something good.
    This must be the case, considering the number of women who have shown an interest in me.

ReputationRep:
    Dimples
    Integrity
    Sense of humour/lightheartedness
    Likes adventures and new things
    Quiet confidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ACBLISS)
    I'm curious to know, has any girl ever been with a guy who has all those characteristics?
    I think it would be quite hard to find someone with all the five things, unless you described someone/ was thinking of someone when you picked them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like guys with long hair, piercings, and tattoos. I also think I'd be more attracted to someone who was taller than me. I like guys who don't really care what people think. By that, I mean I wouldn't like it if they don't look like they've rolled out of Geordie Shore, but I want them to care enough to smell nice... and not to be rude to people. I find it really attractive when a guy has nice forearms or a nice back.
    This sounds weirder than I thought it would... Ah well, each to their own

ReputationRep:
    Most girls truthfully just look for the D.

I personally quite like a bloke to have:
    eyes
    ears
    nose
    hair
    body

I would be willing to compromise though
    Explain more plz. I personally find this hard to believe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver Arrow)
    Explain more plz. I personally find this hard to believe.
    Yeah, I couldn't see yours

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed by how much height comes up here - it's something that we can do absolutely nothing about but apparently the majority of girls on this thread would rule out a relationship with any guy that wasn't tall...What difference does it actually make?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh93)
    Disappointed by how much height comes up here - it's something that we can do absolutely nothing about but apparently the majority of girls on this thread would rule out a relationship with any guy that wasn't tall...What difference does it actually make?
    I wouldn't rule out a relationship just because of height, that would be absurd. I think it's just preference more than anything, but I in particular take each individual into consideration. I'm not going to say no just because he's short.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    I wouldn't rule out a relationship just because of height, that would be absurd. I think it's just preference more than anything, but I in particular take each individual into consideration. I'm not going to say no just because he's short.
    Preference I can understand but it does seem that for many girls height is a deal-breaker and that has always seemed very strange to me - most guys don't consider the classic 'breast size' to be a deal-breaker for example.

ReputationRep:
    Tall
    intelligent
    good sense of humour
    kind
    confident

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josh93)
    Preference I can understand but it does seem that for many girls height is a deal-breaker and that has always seemed very strange to me - most guys don't consider the classic 'breast size' to be a deal-breaker for example.
    It's not a deal-breaker for me.
    I'm guessing you are self-conscious of your height?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I couldn't see yours
    lolwut?

ReputationRep:
    1. Kind
    2. Good shoulders
    3. Able to goof around with me and be kind of a dork.
    4. Intelligent (and intellectually curious)
    5. A mix of similar and different tastes/interests to me, so we've got enough in common to talk about and not fight every time we want to watch a movie, but we also have our own seperate stuff going on.

ReputationRep:
    1. Ability to hold a decent converstation
    2. Not vain but takes care of their personal hygeine and appearance to a certain extent
    3. Funny but also knows when to draw the line in terms of cheesiness and downright rudeness
    4. Not too tall or too muscular
    5. Just fun and nice to be around, cares for people's feelings ect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holby_fanatic)
    It's not a deal-breaker for me.
    I'm guessing you are self-conscious of your height?
    Good to know
    Definitely but only because I've been turned down by girls before for that reason and I'm only self conscious of it with girls - in every other aspect of life it isn't an issue.

ReputationRep:
    -smart
    -funny
    -nerdy
    -beardy
    -willing to put up with my bull****

ReputationRep:
    - Compassion and respect towards others.
    - Intelligent, articulate, and interested in the world around them (usually all come together, so cheekily listed as one).
    - Prepared to humour/respond to my somewhat quirky observations.
    - Good sense of humour (bonus points for dry humour and wit).
    - Musical.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 5, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.