Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just read the first post and this was totally me when i was in London 2 months ago... Now, i am coming back in 2 weeks and i really want to meet new people

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I moved to London last week and would love to meet some new people!

ReputationRep:
    I'd be up for meting new friends in London, but i'm probably a lot older than you guys (late 20's) so not sure id fit in! Haha.

But if anyone is interested, PM me. Can never have too many friends!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I live in London and would be willing to meet people. I have lived in London all my life and am in sw London.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Always happy to go for a few drinks with, well, pretty much anyone. More the merrier right?

ReputationRep:
    Hey im in north london i want to find new friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    it's probably already been said earlier, but i'll try and re-breathe some life into the thread, how about another group meet up?

ReputationRep:
    Why not, I'd be in for it. Weekend only though

ReputationRep:
    you can try this website out.

https://www.citysocializer.com/
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Did that meetup happen??

Next weekend? Maybe a museum and drinks after? Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM all who are to work out specifics.

(Original post by Reisse)
    This sums it up really. Great post.

Hi I'm Reisse , 2nd year student at Westminster Uni studying Computer Games Development.

Would be good to meet new people.
    I concur, studied there and hated it, was socially dead place!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Next weekend? Maybe a museum and drinks after? Let me know if you're interested and I'll PM all who are to work out specifics.
    I'll register my interest.

PM me the details

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Basically, I'm fairly new in London and I want to meet some friends but I'm having a bit of a hard time.

A bit of background story, my boyfriend recently broke up with me, and although it was long distance, I guess I relied on him quite a lot for my social interactions. I've got friends but mainly from back home and I don't get to see them as much as I'd like. I work full time and even though I've only been there for a few months I've already worked my way up a bit, but most of my colleagues are older, married and have children so although I get on with them well I don't really meet up with them outside of work.

I currently live in a shared house and although I'm on friendly terms with my housemates, they're only staying in London for a few months maximum, and the house doesn't have a living room so most stay in their bedrooms.

I'm looking for people to spend some time with. I'm looking for good friends and, without being too forward, I'd love it if I made friends good enough that some time in the future we could share a nicer flat together, instead of house sharing with people I don't know where it's fairly unsocial...I'm looking for people to make plans with for Saturday afternoons and after work. At the moment after I finish work unless on the rare occasion I am seeing friends from back home I usually just go home and hang out in my room. Which gets a bit depressing after a while. I'm making ok money now and I'd love to go out with people and enjoy my time in London, but I don't know where to start.

Sorry for the rambling message! Does anyone have any suggestions for websites and things aimed at meeting people? Most of the ones I've seen arrange huge meet ups and although I'm not too shy, I do get a bit intimidated by large numbers of people.

Thanks again for the hep!
    heyy im new to london too and im having exactly the same problem! where about in london are you staying??

(Original post by kt_m)
    heyy im new to london too and im having exactly the same problem! where about in london are you staying??
    Limehouse, how about you? I'm organising a meet up on Sunday, if you're free/interested let me know and I'll DM you the details.

ReputationRep:
    Limehouse, how about you? I'm organising a meet up on Sunday, if you're free/interested let me know and I'll DM you the details.
    I'm interested! Hope I haven't left it too late!

I'm 23. My life revolves around work and trying to get a career. I live on linkedin, not FB. I'm more focused on networking with professional contacts, than friends. I barely pay any attention to FB, whilst Linkedin is 500 contacts. The only reason for why I've become this odd is that most people in my town don't study/ work, they get married young instead mostly. I'd be more sociable if not in a dead-end job, hopeless town with high crime where it isn't safe to go out and mix with wrong people. That's why I really want to move houses to a decent area at least, or move abroad to study. I'm just not into falling in love with hoodlems but that's the only thing around here . It depends what area in London you live/ what school you went to. I went to the roughest girls school in my town but 6th form helped, when moving 2yrs to middle class mixed one which isn't too far away, where I made most friends at but most of them have moved away and do their own things now as they're more successful than me or some are rich and just jobless or working in retail or similar part-time

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm interested in the meet up too, hope I'm not too late

ReputationRep:
    Hi, it's interesting to meet new friends. Let me in the meet up too. Hope I'm not late.

It was fun, people turned up and we went to the Science museum and then had crepes and ice cream after. A relaxing but fun way to spend a Sunday afternoon. We have decided to plan another two weeks from now on Sunday 15th September. Let me know if you're interested :-).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.