Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorA)
    I do aeneid and greek tragedy and I have a star essays on both topics but they r hand written up I can send by pic, I also have lots of 20 markers, mainly aeneid though
    That would be amazing if you could do that, by email? If you inbox me I will give you my email! Thanks your help

ReputationRep:
    What are peoples predictions for the different sections of the Art and Architecture paper?

I'm thinking Friezes for arch sculpture, maybe delphi for sanctuarys.... dunno about the other two...

Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by silence will fall)
    What are peoples predictions for the different sections of the Art and Architecture paper?

I'm thinking Friezes for arch sculpture, maybe delphi for sanctuarys.... dunno about the other two...

Any ideas?
    I think same as you friezes and delphi, maybe olympia

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amelie118)
    Hi,
    I think that we will get a frieze question, because they have to ask a question on architectural sculpture and friezes have never come up? It makes sense really... Or if not, it will probably be a theme across different types of arch sculpture. Thank goodness pediments came up last year so hopefully we will have escaped!!! Hopefully we will get a nice paper
    If a frieze question does come up, do you have any idea what type of question it may be? I wanna do some practice essays but have no idea where to start!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alejandro)
    If a frieze question does come up, do you have any idea what type of question it may be? I wanna do some practice essays but have no idea where to start!
    I'm thinking: Success of capturing the subject; myth/war depiction; maybe something on the Parthenon Ionic Frieze

Just found the specimen paper... it has a frieze question... start there maybe?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/72142-u...d-specimen.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking: Success of capturing the subject; myth/war depiction; maybe something on the Parthenon Ionic Frieze...
    Ooh right okay, yeah I thought it might be something about myth/war/ or maybe conflict.
    I'm terrible at setting the essays out properly! If one was to come up asking about myth or war would we just really need to outline any friezes that outline this subject and how they achieve that/how well they achieve that? With capturing the subject how would one go about setting out that essay? Just how good the frieze itself is in terms of representing it's subject through it's features etc? Sorry if i'm being complicated

ReputationRep:
    Ooh right okay, yeah I thought it might be something about myth/war/ or maybe conflict.
    I'm terrible at setting the essays out properly! If one was to come up asking about myth or war would we just really need to outline any friezes that outline this subject and how they achieve that/how well they achieve that? With capturing the subject how would one go about setting out that essay? Just how good the frieze itself is in terms of representing it's subject through it's features etc? Sorry if i'm being complicated
    Dw about it

So yeah- set out each frieze and what it depicts. Think about what issues that the particular subject brings up. Then look at where each frieze fails/succeeds, looking at the frieze as a whole and in terms of individual figures. The question will probs ask which is most successful so then come to a judgement about that

ReputationRep:
    Dw about it

So yeah- set out each frieze and what it depicts. Think about what issues that the particular subject brings up. Then look at where each frieze fails/succeeds, looking at the frieze as a whole and in terms of individual figures. The question will probs ask which is most successful so then come to a judgement about that
    Oooh okay thank you for that !

ReputationRep:
    Dw about it

This may sound really stupid but for example in that specimen paper question you sent me, it asks a question on 'sculpture A'. That doesn't mean we only have to refer to that part of the frieze does it? Can we refer to the whole of the frieze, for example in that scenario all of the Siphnian Treasury frieze? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, refer to it all I assume... would be a bit insane to ask 40 marks on the tiny segment given

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, refer to it all I assume... would be a bit insane to ask 40 marks on the tiny segment given
    Haha exactly what I was thinking! Good good

ReputationRep:
    For the sanctuary at Olympia are people remembering all of the names of the treasuries or just a few?

ReputationRep:
    For the sanctuary at Olympia are people remembering all of the names of the treasuries or just a few?
    I just know the treasury of Gela...

ReputationRep:
    What do people think might come up for free standing? Or is it just going to be a random piece do we think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFJ)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm doing the Aeneid and Augustus, done loads of notes on both if anybody thinks they'll be of any use PM me for them.

Has anybody got A grade essays they've written on either side, my teacher doesn't believe in giving people other peoples essays to learn from; regardless if that's how you learn or not. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Hi - we're doing the exact same modules!

I was just wondering if you knew what the 1st and 2nd Constitutional Settlements were for Augustus? My teacher hasn't given us many notes for them and all I know is the dates and during one of them the senate named him 'Augustus'..
    Do you need any help in return?

As for essays, I've only got handwritten ones and I'm not sure how to attach photos - do you know? I'm on my phone..

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone doing the Four Greek tragedies tomorrow? Antinoge/Oepdis/Medea/Hippolytus?

It seems like no-one apart from my college is doing them, haha. Kinda stressing, I don't really know how to revise them except using sites like Shmoop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelB6)
    Is anyone doing the Four Greek tragedies tomorrow? Antinoge/Oepdis/Medea/Hippolytus?

It seems like no-one apart from my college is doing them, haha. Kinda stressing, I don't really know how to revise them except using sites like Shmoop.
    I am, and it's ridiculous. God only knows how many quotes you're supposed to know, none of them will sink in for me.

ReputationRep:
    Quotes? You don't really need quotes to get top marks surely? Just refer closely to the text, I am also doing greek tragedy tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MichaelB6)

I'm doing Greek tragedy tomorrow and have just spent the day re-reading all four of them. A quote is apparently nice to see here and there but not vital for top marks. I can't remember them

ReputationRep:
    Yeah for everyone doing the tragedies I got an A in that paper without using barely any quotes, literally maybe one or two. So don't worry too much, it isn't overly necessary

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.