Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR B (Salters) F332 Tuesday 4th June 2013 Exam Discussion (Now Closed) Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Welbeck)
    Hey guys, I remember speak to some of you from F331 in Jan. I hope you did well, I got 48/60 which is an A but for my course work I got 50 so I think that will be a B! I will have to smash this final exam now
    Hi! I got 47 in the coursework 50 in the exam though so just need to get an A in this exam now! Easier said than done though....

ReputationRep:
    yr 13 here, 3rd time sitting this damn paper, but its the biggest unit! Got a B first time, then a C so hoping I get a high A this time coz A2 is a real struggle

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,
    Could someone please help/post the reagents and conditions for the reactions we need to know because there are a few and I keep finding them scattered around both CI and the revision guide in different places :hmpf:

Thanks in advance !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Branny101)
    Hey guys,
    Could someone please help/post the reagents and conditions for the reactions we need to know because there are a few and I keep finding them scattered around both CI and the revision guide in different places :hmpf:

Thanks in advance !

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've posted a list of them earlier in the thread (or it might be in the thread for the advanced notice)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    I've posted a list of them earlier in the thread (or it might be in the thread for the advanced notice)
    Ahh awesome, found 'em - what does the 'RT' stand for in the "Conditions" column?

Thanks dude:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ahh awesome, found 'em - what does the 'RT' stand for in the "Conditions" column?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Room temp.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super121)
    Room temp.
    Wow that's a lot to learn! Okay cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I wondered about that for quite some before I was just like it's freaking room temperature lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    I wondered about that for quite some before I was just like it's freaking room temperature lol
    Dat feels, bro :3

ReputationRep:
    F331 was an amazing paper. Pretty sure OCR has something demonic planned for F332.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nukethemaly)
    F331 was an amazing paper. Pretty sure OCR has something demonic planned for F332.
    just hope grade boundaries won't be annoyingly high :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashxx)
    just hope grade boundaries won't be annoyingly high :/
    This. I'm one of those people that doesn't make many proper mistakes, but makes loads of the god damn stupid ones that make you feel like beating yourself with a cricket bat after the exam finishes. I thrive on hard exams, with low grade boundaries to cover my stupid moments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Hotpie)
    This. I'm one of those people that doesn't make many proper mistakes, but makes loads of the god damn stupid ones that make you feel like beating yourself with a cricket bat after the exam finishes. I thrive on hard exams, with low grade boundaries to cover my stupid moments
    jee i know exactly what you mean -_-

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone!!
    Today I shall start revising for this exam (I want 129 ums :argh:)

Here are some notes :')
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docx 91989461-F332-Notes-Elements-from-the-sea.docx (256.9 KB, 261 views)
  2. File Type: docx 92674917-F332-notes-polymer-revolution.docx (388.0 KB, 189 views)
  3. File Type: docx 93118514-F332-notes-the-atmosphere.docx (66.9 KB, 212 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigerz)
    Hello everyone!!
    Today I shall start revising for this exam (I want 129 ums :argh:)

Here are some notes :')
    omg yes! thank you so much i was really struggling to find structured notes or f332

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madrevision)
    omg yes! thank you so much i was really struggling to find structured notes or f332
    Hahaha no problem! Also, feel free to let me know if they need correcting or if I need to add more info

ReputationRep:
    Could someone pleeeeease explain to me question 3a) from the Jan. 2011 paper?!

ReputationRep:
    okay guys so on the spec it says
    use a radical mechanism as a model to explain the reaction of alkanes with halogens (a radical chain reaction in the presence of UV radiation to form halogenoalkanes)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    okay guys so on the spec it says
    use a radical mechanism as a model to explain the reaction of alkanes with halogens (a radical chain reaction in the presence of UV radiation to form halogenoalkanes)
    what exactly do they mean by this?

& also does anyone know what exactly it is from the storylines that we need to know for ES and PR?
    It would be grate if somebody could tell me the specific topics/storylines i need.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Could someone pleeeeease explain to me question 3a) from the Jan. 2011 paper?!
    it's a bit like when you have to calculate empirical formula, only on this question you're given fractions. just do (1/3) divided by Mr of KCl and (2/3) divide by Mr of NaCl and then divide both answers by the smallest one and you should get 1 and something else.
    feel free to ask me for a better explanation if you still don't understand

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.