The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics P4P5P6 - 18/06/13

Scroll to see replies

Am I the only person that finds P6 relatively easy? I struggle with P5 D: because I always use STUVA when a simple speed = distance/ time is necessary :L and also I can't really get my head around projectiles :s-smilie:
Reply 121
Original post by NatashaG
Am I the only person that finds P6 relatively easy? I struggle with P5 D: because I always use STUVA when a simple speed = distance/ time is necessary :L and also I can't really get my head around projectiles :s-smilie:

What is STUVA?
Reply 122
Original post by andersson
What is STUVA?

Also known as SUVAT: it's the speed, velocity, acceleration and time equations

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 123
Original post by Knowing
Also known as SUVAT: it's the speed, velocity, acceleration and time equations

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can you work out the formulas based on just those letters?:confused: Anyway, we're given the formulas we need so I guess it doesn't matter.
How can you work out the formulas based on just those letters?:confused: Anyway, we're given the formulas we need so I guess it doesn't matter.

It's actually not hard.

v = u + at
(u+v)/2 = s/t

Re arranging everything and substitutions and everything give all different forms.
*Andersson. It's right in front of you man. -.-

I'm sorry but when I see too much forehead I get sarcastic.

:colone:

Why the actual ****ery did I just read! I jumped off my bed laughing like a complete ****, my mum even came in and jumped on me to stop laughing... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Andy you honestly are the biggest d head I know, HOW can you drop that? OH LORDDDDD ALMIGHTY, have mercy!
Reply 126
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's actually not hard.

v = u + at
(u+v)/2 = s/t

Re arranging everything and substitutions and everything give all different forms.

Yeah I'm fine with rearranging, I just don't see the point in the acronym 'SUVAT'.
Yeah I'm fine with rearranging, I just don't see the point in the acronym 'SUVAT'.

It's just the letters...

s = displacement
u = initial velocity
v = final velocity
a = acceleration
t = time
Reply 128
I call it SUVAT. I just know the formulae anyway because of the Additional Maths exam.
Reply 129
Original post by IHTWFR
Why the actual ****ery did I just read! I jumped off my bed laughing like a complete ****, my mum even came in and jumped on me to stop laughing... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Andy you honestly are the biggest d head I know, HOW can you drop that? OH LORDDDDD ALMIGHTY, have mercy!

Your mum jumped on you? What?! HAHAHAH!

Reply 130
Original post by L'Evil Fish
It's just the letters...

s = displacement
u = initial velocity
v = final velocity
a = acceleration
t = time

Oh I see now, thanks! At first I was thinking it was to help you work out the formulas like SOHCAHTOA.
Oh I see now, thanks! At first I was thinking it was to help you work out the formulas like SOHCAHTOA.

No :lol:
Reply 132
OCR, B601? :redface:

Yeah I think so, I'm doing:

Nature of deity, Life after death & Religion and science, Good and evil. :smile:

As for physics, logic gates confuse me the most. I missed a lesson when the teacher went over the basics so I self-taught myself using the revision guide but I don't find CGP books that good, so I'm struggling to understand and remember it.
Reply 133
Original post by boldred
Yeah I think so, I'm doing:

Nature of deity, Life after death & Religion and science, Good and evil. :smile:

As for physics, logic gates confuse me the most. I missed a lesson when the teacher went over the basics so I self-taught myself using the revision guide but I don't find CGP books that good, so I'm struggling to understand and remember it.

I'm doing belief about a deity, religious and spiritual experience and the end of life. What's religion and science like? :redface:
Reply 134
I'm doing belief about a deity, religious and spiritual experience and the end of life. What's religion and science like? :redface:

Religion and science is not too bad actually, I like it the most out of all the topics, we cover evolution, treatment of animals, stewardship/environment, relationship between science and religion and origins of the world. I find it the easiest because I know evolution from biology and the rest of it is easy to remember, it seems quite similar to ethics too.
Reply 135
Original post by boldred
Religion and science is not too bad actually, I like it the most out of all the topics, we cover evolution, treatment of animals, stewardship/environment, relationship between science and religion and origins of the world. I find it the easiest because I know evolution from biology and the rest of it is easy to remember, it seems quite similar to ethics too.

I like the sound of that way more than the dull stuff we've been studying.

i agree with you!! p6 is fairly simple, the only thing i can't seem to understand is the bridge rectifier circuit :confused: going to go over that on monday night and just hope it sticks in my head!! yeah same, i have no idea about projectiles, but hopefully it won't be worth a lot of marks, since the 6 marker in the specimen was about trajectory etc :biggrin::redface:
Do you people want me to post my mindmap I made of P6 where I simply describe what each electronic component does tomorrow?

yes please!! :biggrin:
Reply 138
Your mum jumped on you? What?! HAHAHAH!

lol..this made me laugh!

:biggrin::biggrin:

same!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending