Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person that finds P6 relatively easy? I struggle with P5 D: because I always use STUVA when a simple speed = distance/ time is necessary :L and also I can't really get my head around projectiles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    Am I the only person that finds P6 relatively easy? I struggle with P5 D: because I always use STUVA when a simple speed = distance/ time is necessary :L and also I can't really get my head around projectiles
    What is STUVA?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    What is STUVA?
    Also known as SUVAT: it's the speed, velocity, acceleration and time equations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowing)
    Also known as SUVAT: it's the speed, velocity, acceleration and time equations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can you work out the formulas based on just those letters?:confused: Anyway, we're given the formulas we need so I guess it doesn't matter.

ReputationRep:
    How can you work out the formulas based on just those letters?:confused: Anyway, we're given the formulas we need so I guess it doesn't matter.
    It's actually not hard.

v = u + at
    (u+v)/2 = s/t

Re arranging everything and substitutions and everything give all different forms.

ReputationRep:
    *Andersson. It's right in front of you man. -.-

I'm sorry but when I see too much forehead I get sarcastic.

Why the actual ****ery did I just read! I jumped off my bed laughing like a complete ****, my mum even came in and jumped on me to stop laughing... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Andy you honestly are the biggest d head I know, HOW can you drop that? OH LORDDDDD ALMIGHTY, have mercy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's actually not hard.

v = u + at
    (u+v)/2 = s/t

Re arranging everything and substitutions and everything give all different forms.
    Yeah I'm fine with rearranging, I just don't see the point in the acronym 'SUVAT'.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm fine with rearranging, I just don't see the point in the acronym 'SUVAT'.
    It's just the letters...

s = displacement
    u = initial velocity
    v = final velocity
    a = acceleration
    t = time

ReputationRep:
    I call it SUVAT. I just know the formulae anyway because of the Additional Maths exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IHTWFR)
    Why the actual ****ery did I just read! I jumped off my bed laughing like a complete ****, my mum even came in and jumped on me to stop laughing... LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! Andy you honestly are the biggest d head I know, HOW can you drop that? OH LORDDDDD ALMIGHTY, have mercy!
    Your mum jumped on you? What?! HAHAHAH!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    It's just the letters...

s = displacement
    u = initial velocity
    v = final velocity
    a = acceleration
    t = time
    Oh I see now, thanks! At first I was thinking it was to help you work out the formulas like SOHCAHTOA.

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see now, thanks! At first I was thinking it was to help you work out the formulas like SOHCAHTOA.
    No :lol:

ReputationRep:
    OCR, B601?
    Yeah I think so, I'm doing:

Nature of deity, Life after death & Religion and science, Good and evil.

As for physics, logic gates confuse me the most. I missed a lesson when the teacher went over the basics so I self-taught myself using the revision guide but I don't find CGP books that good, so I'm struggling to understand and remember it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boldred)
    Yeah I think so, I'm doing:

Nature of deity, Life after death & Religion and science, Good and evil.

As for physics, logic gates confuse me the most. I missed a lesson when the teacher went over the basics so I self-taught myself using the revision guide but I don't find CGP books that good, so I'm struggling to understand and remember it.
    I'm doing belief about a deity, religious and spiritual experience and the end of life. What's religion and science like?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing belief about a deity, religious and spiritual experience and the end of life. What's religion and science like?
    Religion and science is not too bad actually, I like it the most out of all the topics, we cover evolution, treatment of animals, stewardship/environment, relationship between science and religion and origins of the world. I find it the easiest because I know evolution from biology and the rest of it is easy to remember, it seems quite similar to ethics too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boldred)
    Religion and science is not too bad actually, I like it the most out of all the topics, we cover evolution, treatment of animals, stewardship/environment, relationship between science and religion and origins of the world. I find it the easiest because I know evolution from biology and the rest of it is easy to remember, it seems quite similar to ethics too.
    I like the sound of that way more than the dull stuff we've been studying.

ReputationRep:
    i agree with you!! p6 is fairly simple, the only thing i can't seem to understand is the bridge rectifier circuit :confused: going to go over that on monday night and just hope it sticks in my head!! yeah same, i have no idea about projectiles, but hopefully it won't be worth a lot of marks, since the 6 marker in the specimen was about trajectory etc

ReputationRep:
    Do you people want me to post my mindmap I made of P6 where I simply describe what each electronic component does tomorrow?
    yes please!!

ReputationRep:
    Your mum jumped on you? What?! HAHAHAH!

lol..this made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    same!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 18, 2014
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.