Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ConorWilson)
    That's not bad, I'm from Coatbridge and going by train so it takes me anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour and ten-ish. I'm really looking forward to it now! Although getting nervous already...
    Im so glad there's someone else living quite far haha! I'm so nervous about not making friends etc etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by caitlinl)
    Im so glad there's someone else living quite far haha! I'm so nervous about not making friends etc etc.
    Ha same! I'm sure it'll be fine though, I know a few people that have/are living quite far away from their campus and they said it was really easy to meet people. My plan is to just hang around as much as possible and go to all the freshers stuff and hope people talk to me...

ReputationRep:
    Ill be commuting as well but I figured I'd hang around as much as possible during freshers week to try and meet people, besides just because we don't stay there doesn't mean we can't see people a lot haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlHoran)
    I've got an unconditional to the Contemporary Screen Acting course at Ayr this September! Got your Halls yet?

Aww ace! Yeah I have, I'm in 1H . What about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyintheskies)
    Aww ace! Yeah I have, I'm in 1H . What about you?
    I'm in 3R! When are you moving in?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there anyone doing business at dumfries campus?

ReputationRep:
    so late with this, but hamilton is actually ok as a town, plenty of food places within walking distance! im headed there aswell but for adult nursing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing adult nursing at the hamilton campus?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlHoran)
    I'm in 3R! When are you moving in?
    I'm undecided yet.. I'm moving from the other side of Scotland and I'm off on holiday and everything from when the lease starts so I was hoping to find out when everyone else planned on moving in! Think I'm going on the first to pick up my keys and have a look about though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucyintheskies)
    I'm undecided yet.. I'm moving from the other side of Scotland and I'm off on holiday and everything from when the lease starts so I was hoping to find out when everyone else planned on moving in! Think I'm going on the first to pick up my keys and have a look about though
    Hi, I'm doing Primary Eduction at Ayr and I'm in flat 2D. I'm doing the same as you, picking my keys up on the 7th September and moving in on the 15th Are you moving in around then?

ReputationRep:
    hey im milly,
    I'm going to be studying Adult Nursing at Paisley Campus. Also gonna be living in the accommodation on storie street. Only 4 weeks to go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sjmckernan1)
    I'm waiting to hear back for a clearing place in Human Resource Management. Not too hopeful as I applied straight to the university last week so am assuming all the UCAS clearing applicants will get first priority. Here's hoping tho, been checking my email every five minutes since last Thursday lol.

hi, im going into second year of the course. what about you?. which year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhgaughan)
    Im going into first year, hopefully if my course gets changed!! Did you enjoy first year? Were the exams hard?
    hi, sorry for late reply. i didnt actually do first year. im going straight into 2nd year. i done an HNC in business first which covered all of the HRM first year material.

my college lecturer did this course at UWS and she said that the first year level material is the same as the HNC level, which is not difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmmilly)
    hey im milly,
    I'm going to be studying Adult Nursing at Paisley Campus. Also gonna be living in the accommodation on storie street. Only 4 weeks to go

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh I'm staying in storie street too! which block flat you in? I'm unsure when to move in, don't want to go too early and be alone but don't want to go too late and miss anything! Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmmilly)
    hey im milly,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey im doing adult nursing at the hamilton campus!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eilidhgaughan)
    Oh me too! What block/flat are you in? Yeah I don't know paisley at all!
    (sorry late reply)
    I'm in 4AA, I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katbontemps)
    (sorry late reply)
    I'm in 4AA, I think
    I'm in 4BB... Sounds like we are going to be neighbours!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm going in tomorrow for lecturers to induct me haha should be interesting even though il be all alone

ReputationRep:
    my welcome day is the 27th augusg at hamilton campus, anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemmajane)
    hi, im going into second year of the course. what about you?. which year.
    Going into first year, done a year of International Business and Modern Languages at Strathclyde but dropped out and didn't get any credits or anything so I'm starting again!

I got a letter through this morning with an unconditional offer Just applied to SAAS hopefully no problems. It's all so sudden I only applied last week and am going to be starting in a few weeks lol.

Did you do an HNC or something and are going straight into second year or did you do the first year of the course? X

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.